Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Spurs be the rumored promise for Hutchinson? Trail Blazers and Bulls have been speculated, but: Boise State forward Chandler Hutchinson abruptly withdrew from the combine and shut down all workouts Wednesday, which league executives believe to be the result of a promise from a team in the range of no. 18 (Spurs and no. 24 (Trail Blazers). https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ings-takeaways

We'll know at the combine, but a guy who's 6-9ish with a wingspan over seven feet is not remotely atypical. Most humans have their natural heights pretty close to their wingspans. Players seem to have a couple of inches difference. It's not eight inches, though. I wouldn't even say it's four. Guys like Gobert and Leonard (and Anderson) are freaks. Murray is exceptional at a plus-five. Green is still considered above average with a plus-3.5. Porter isn't going to make waves if he's only plus-2.5, but he should be fine. He's tall enough to where his length is relatively unimportant as it is. He shouldn't be reaching down, and few guys are going to shoot over 9-1 any better than they would 9-4 or why.
    As objective said, the combine numbers are out: http://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-a...WINGSPAN&dir=1

Porter is 6'10'' barefoot. "6'9ish with a wingspan over seven feet", is fine for a nominal PF or combo forward, but it's not for a player who skews more towards C (defensively). Suffice it to say, these guys are not "most humans", they're freaks. Most centers are plus 4-6, height to wingspan.

Porter is supposedly unlikely to stay in the draft: Multiple league sources say Missouri big man Jontay Porter, the younger brother of Michael Porter, is leaning toward returning to school for his sophomore season. https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ings-takeaways

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a mock draft with Spurs picking Kevin Huerter, who made a name for himself at the combine. Anyone heard of this guy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw a mock draft with Spurs picking Kevin Huerter, who made a name for himself at the combine. Anyone heard of this guy?
    I like him, he might be comparable to Marco with his shooting and range, plus very good passing and playmaking as a secondary ballhandler type, better then Marco I would hope as Marco's creation game was I feel always overrated.

Tried harder on defense, might still not be a better than neutral defender. But again, hopefully better than Marco.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him, he might be comparable to Marco with his shooting and range, plus very good passing and playmaking as a secondary ballhandler type, better then Marco I would hope as Marco's creation game was I feel always overrated.

Tried harder on defense, might still not be a better than neutral defender. But again, hopefully better than Marco.
    Huerter has some Klay in his game and also some Bertans. He's growing on me. If his wingspan was 6'10"+ ..hed be perfect. His athleticism impressed in the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gut feeling, from the very beginning, says the Spurs will go after Dzanan Musa with their pick, and I don't really like it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As objective said, the combine numbers are out: http://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-a...WINGSPAN&dir=1

Porter is 6'10'' barefoot. "6'9ish with a wingspan over seven feet", is fine for a nominal PF or combo forward, but it's not for a player who skews more towards C (defensively). Suffice it to say, these guys are not "most humans", they're freaks. Most centers are plus 4-6, height to wingspan.

Porter is supposedly unlikely to stay in the draft: Multiple league sources say Missouri big man Jontay Porter, the younger brother of Michael Porter, is leaning toward returning to school for his sophomore season. [COLOR=#3b3b3b][FONT=HarrietText]https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5...ings-takeaways
    https://www.thestepien.com/2018/05/2...ys-2018-draft/

Long, but I think relevant to the Porter question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My gut feeling, from the very beginning, says the Spurs will go after Dzanan Musa with their pick, and I don't really like it.

Although I don't think they've made a promise (no need, since they're considered the absolute peak of his range), I'm leaning Hutchinson. Looks and sounds like a Spur, supposedly has an excellent work ethic and could conceivably fill a significant need for size, two-way play and athleticism on the wing, sooner than later considering he's already 22.

Good article.

No question, Porter could conceivably thrive offensively as a situational player (though if he can't effectively post switches, teams will guard him with wings, thereby limiting his impact), but that doesn't solve the lack of a true defensive position.

Then again, Olynyk looked to have the same issue, yet rates as a solid defender. Granted, he was a PG until a rapid, relatively late growth spurt shot him up to 6'10.75'' barefoot, giving him unique agility for someone that size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Spurs didn't watch his workout... (short guard who can shoot)

"So the final image of Ginobili isnt that he lost a bronze medal. Its what he did to try to win one." -
    Buck Harvey

Still crazy after all these years. And I love that, Jackson said. Id rather play with someone like him, who plays hard and gets hurt, than someone who is afraid.

- SJAX regarding Manu

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baylor standout centre Jo Lual-Acuil Jr has conducted pre-NBA Draft workouts with the Atlanta Hawks, San Antonio Spurs and LA Lakers.

Make Spurs Great Again
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many missing combine results for players projected around our pick for my liking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't doubt that he will be an NBA player

But I'm tired of players with big brains and slow feet. Give me a big who can contest all over and get vertical to attack.

I'm sure he dribbles awesome and can hit 34% on threes, and pass behind his back. I don't want to see it though, get these slow 2017 Diaws, these Paus, these Slow-mos out of here.

It's a personal preference.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep thinking the Spurs promised to pick Chandler Hutchison. If they believe in his shot then he'd be perfect for us. I hope this is not the case. I'd much rather have Mitchell Robinson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo the Spurs don’t promise something with the 18. Imagine someone fall , what will they do ?

The promise is lower than 18 for hutchinson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't doubt that he will be an NBA player

But I'm tired of players with big brains and slow feet. Give me a big who can contest all over and get vertical to attack.

I'm sure he dribbles awesome and can hit 34% on threes, and pass behind his back. I don't want to see it though, get these slow 2017 Diaws, these Paus, these Slow-mos out of here.

It's a personal preference.
    Preach on.

get your shoehorn ready... Joe Schmoogins's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Khyri Thomas looks like a perfect fit between Dejounte and Kawhi. He might be a luxury pick, but that perimeter D would be nasty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep thinking the Spurs promised to pick Chandler Hutchison. If they believe in his shot then he'd be perfect for us. I hope this is not the case. I'd much rather have Mitchell Robinson.
    Cosign!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been reported that he has a promise at 22 with Chicago

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...8053#p66252613

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who likes Zhaire Smith concerned about how small he measured?

I still like him but damn, under 6-3 barefoot is pretty small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who likes Zhaire Smith concerned about how small he measured?

I still like him but damn, under 6-3 barefoot is pretty small.
    PATFO with the Mr. Burns

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Khyri Thomas looks like a perfect fit between Dejounte and Kawhi. He might be a luxury pick, but that perimeter D would be nasty.
    I really like him, 22 yrs old, looks ready and as you said a really good defender. He's small at 6'3 but with a 6'10.5 wingspan.

Thread Information