Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yahoo Gossip provides zero information on how
    “his group” shielded him from attempts from San Antonio to reach out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard's "List of Demands" . . . ?

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...ak-some-things

Report: Kawhi Leonard has a list of demands for the Spurs
    by Jeff Garcia, Spurs ZoneThursday, April 26th 2018

Twitter: JeffGSpursZone

The San Antonio Spurs' offseason is here which also begins the summer of Kawhi Leonard.

You know the story by now - he has been absent for most of the season, played nine games, in New York rehabbing his right quad, reports of an alleged rift between him and the team and this summer he could be offered the "supermax" deal worth $219 million.

Toss in his sister stating Kawhi has no ill will towards the team and it's enough to make your head spin.

And to add a new wrinkle in this saga, comes from a New York Daily News article penned by Frank Isola where an NBA executive hears Kawhi wants Head Coach Gregg Popovich's approach to team practices altered and "tweak some things."

"Don't you have to sign him," asks one rival executive. "From what I understand, he wants (Gregg) Popovich to lighten up a little with practice and tweak some things. The Spurs may not want to change their ways, but this is Kawhi Leonard we're talking about."
    He lives in the gym and his constant work on his craft is well-do ented.

Leonard speaks loudest with his work ethic that might make even Ebenezer Scrooge sit up and take notice at Christmastime. The game is full of tales of so-called "gym rats" who don't ever want to leave the court. Still the best of them usually get to a level where they can ease up off the gas pedal. But even in a summer when he signed a new five-year, $95-million contract, Leonard kept relentlessly at his task.

"All I want to do is get better," he said. "I love to play this game. It's all that I ever really wanted to do and now that I'm doing it in the NBA, I want to be as good as possible."
    Furthermore, if it is true he sat out most of the season because his quad injury won't allow him to be the best he can be, then a lightened practice won't help him get back to form once his injury heals (unless it is to help with the injured quad) should he and the team agree to any extension.

The Spurs' system works. Popovich's approach to building teams into championship caliber teams has a proven track record. Even in this past 2017-18 season, Popovich took a roster sans Leonard and made it into a playoff team.

Just another day, another entry in this on-going saga.

Thoughts Spurs fans on this executive's comments in the NY Daily News' article? Let me know on Twitter at JeffGSpursZone.
    Last edited by Russ; 04-26-2018 at 10:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is gone

delusional fans still wanting to resign him

He could walk in your house and pork your wife and you idiots would still be like “we can still sign him he hasnt said no yet”

Swing and a miss on that analogy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Kawhi even attended Pop wife's funeral or his group shielded him from going as well..
    Kawhitter’s group probably shielded him from the news that she even died. Probably shielded him from the news the Spurs made the playoffs, too. So that’s why he didn’t show up on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget how it was the liberal Democrats who fought to keep slavery.
    Dixiecrats. Today's Republican party base.

Dont bring that up in here. Some of us aren't ignorant fools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is gone

He could walk in your house and pork your wife and you idiots would still be like “we can still sign him he hasnt said no yet”

Kawhitter is no alpha like HOTS tbh. He’s not walking in and doing that.

He didn’t even sign that one girl’s autograph, much less pork her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone attend? We have no idea... It's all speculation
    True. But would you agree that if he didn't and was invited or asked to come or told he was welcome, and didn't go, that he's a first class prick?
    Wasn't there talk of Pop being like a father figure to Kawhi since he lost his dad before he went to college? I'm sure Erin was as doting on him as she was on Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The San Antonio Spurs' offseason is here which also begins the summer of Kawhi Leonard.

You know the story by now - he has been absent for most of the season, played nine games, in New York rehabbing his right quad, reports of an alleged rift between him and the team and this summer he could be offered the "supermax" deal worth $219 million.

Toss in his sister stating Kawhi has no ill will towards the team and it's enough to make your head spin.

And to add a new wrinkle in this saga, comes from a New York Daily News article penned by Frank Isola where an NBA executive hears Kawhi wants Head Coach Gregg Popovich's approach to team practices altered and "tweak some things."

Furthermore, if it is true he sat out most of the season because his quad injury won't allow him to be the best he can be, then a lightened practice won't help him get back to form once his injury heals (unless it is to help with the injured quad) should he and the team agree to any extension.

The Spurs' system works. Popovich's approach to building teams into championship caliber teams has a proven track record. Even in this past 2017-18 season, Popovich took a roster sans Leonard and made it into a playoff team.

Thoughts Spurs fans on this executive's comments in the NY Daily News' article? Let me know on Twitter at JeffGSpursZone.
    is this for real? it deserves it's own thread if so

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A SA local should throw his cornrow ass in the Riverwalk canal bet superhuman cant swim lol
    Dudes been dead to me since they/his camp tarnished Timmy's name at the beginning of all this

WTF,TD who is the reason for everything Spurs related
    He's a crappy ISO player anyway who needs too many touches ie LMA
    Can only have so many of those guys on the team

Need to bring back the Beautiful Game era with more versatile players and ball movement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https:twitter.com/ByJohnDiaz/status/989516018090377[/t

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll wait till I hear from Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That NY Daily News article is dumb. I seriously doubt he wants Pop to lighten up during practice. If anything I would think the "gym rat" would want more intense practices like Kobe liked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

.... and this was shared locally from the local sinclair news outlet (WOAI) which just recently declared their devotion to only the facts.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frank Isola

That butt chin having got has been hating on Kawhi every game, and now we're supposed to buy his ....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked this earlier, what will it take for Silver to step in. Not sure how much more ammo he needs. If this happened to the Lakers, Celtics, Dubs, Knicks or other large market team there would be to pay in Kawhi's camp

Exactly. Which is so funny how the media pretty much too Kawhi side in all of this..,total bs and they just want him to the Lakers or bigger market so bad they’d do anything to assist getting him there.

The media wrongly views the Spurs like the Patriots as a cut throat business mindset...Like the Spurs forced Kawhi to play etc etc....yet that’s the total opposite tbh. They’re probably the most family environment ran organization in all of sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish we could afford to pay him the max and then sit his ass on the bench for the rest of his career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dixiecrats. Today's Republican party base.

Dont bring that up in here. Some of us aren't ignorant fools.

Lmao you’re wrong bruh

https://youtu.be/IJCVVbDlYhQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is gone

Like what happened with Parker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped watching at Dinesh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If u guys got over a teammate ing another well-liked teammate's wife, you will get over the media driven Kawhi circus... Because at the end of the day, literally every negative report from the media has either been proven false, or proven to be speculation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stopped watching at Dinesh.
    Oh ok. So yeah get your facts straight

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Party of Lincoln
    LOL felon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Party of Lincoln
    LOL felon
    Point out what he said that was wrong?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget parties. It's always been north vs south. If you align yourselve with south ideas, your a ing moron.

Thread Information