My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Lordy!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the turtle said he wouldn't even put it on the senate floor?

Might be why Trump woke up in meltdown mode today. He knew this was happening.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I thought the turtle said he wouldn't even put it on the senate floor?

Might be why Trump woke up in meltdown mode today. He knew this was happening.
    Pressure on McConnell now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pressure on McConnell now.
    He effectively said I Am The Man, and effectively vowed he will deny a vote on any such a Mueller-protection bill

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to wonder if the GOP wants the Dear Leader to fire Mueller so they can impeach and convict after the primaries to give them a better shot keeping the house in the midterms. Not like the GOP congress would rather work with Trump than Pence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to wonder if the GOP wants the Dear Leader to fire Mueller so they can impeach and convict after the primaries to give them a better shot keeping the house in the midterms. Not like the GOP congress would rather work with Trump than Pence.
    That's been the working theory for a while. Though they sure as been slow on acting on it.

There is no doubt they would be more "productive" under Pence but they seem to like themselves some authoritarian leadership.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thang keepin Repugs from dumping Trash is their fear of his cult, so they won't touch him until after mid-terms, if then.

If Repugs lose one or both chambers, then Dems, no fear of Trash's cult, will impeach Trash, but Senate Repugs will block conviction.

Obviously, forever, they'd rather have Pence sign all their just as Trash does and keep Trash's oligarchy kakistocracy Exec in place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's been the working theory for a while. Though they sure as been slow on acting on it.

There is no doubt they would be more "productive" under Pence but they seem to like themselves some authoritarian leadership.
    Because they'd all get primaried by Trump candidates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only thang keepin Repugs from dumping Trash is their fear of his cult, so they won't touch him until after mid-terms, if then.

If Repugs lose one or both chambers, then Dems, no fear of Trash's cult, will impeach Trash, but Senate Repugs will block conviction.

Obviously, forever, they'd rather have Pence sign all their just as Trash does and keep Trash's oligarchy kakistocracy Exec in place.
    They'd have to be more scared about massive turnout from pissed off Democrat voters in the midterms if Mueller gets fired and there is no retribution. The GOP might also be scared Trump would work with a Democrat house that kisses his ass sufficiently while they know Pence never would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's unlikely to make the Senate floor for an official vote.

McConnell said previously that he would not bring the bill before the Senate body, even if it received committee approval.

Much Ado About Nothing.

lol djohn

lol Schumer's urges

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd have to be more scared about massive turnout from pissed off Democrat voters in the midterms if Mueller gets fired and there is no retribution. The GOP might also be scared Trump would work with a Democrat house that kisses his ass sufficiently while they know Pence never would.
    Mueller gets fired
    Impeach and convict happens
    Pence becomes president
    GOP keeps both chambers
    Pence wins in 2020

Best case scenario for the GOP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller gets fired
    Impeach and convict happens
    Pence becomes president
    GOP keeps both chambers
    Pence wins in 2020

Best case scenario for the GOP
    LOL No way does it go down like that.

If Trump gets impeached and removed from office in the time frame from now til november, his base will get massively depressed. There is no way in they will go out to vote for the same people that got him booted.

The GOP has to pray they dont lose either the senate and house in November. That's when they will act if at all. Not before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever the Dems do, the Repugs know that if they lose Trash's cult (by it not voting), they have nothing.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-27-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL No way does it go down like that.

If Trump gets impeached and removed from office in the time frame from now til november, his base will get massively depressed. There is no way in they will go out to vote for the same people that got him booted.

The GOP has to pray they dont lose either the senate and house in November. That's when they will act if at all. Not before.
    They will lose seats in the house no question. Question is how many and the Dems do have a lot to make up, but the House is different from the Senate in that everyone has to re-run every 2 years...

Senate is a different story and the math is terrible for Democrats this year around. I believe something like 28 Dems vs. 7 Republicans are up this cycle, including some Dems in purple and reddish states, so the GOP will hold on to the senate and possibly even gain seats there despite losing seats in the House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So dumb. Trump can’t fire Mueller. Rosenstein would have to do it.

Thread Information