Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the media the "enemy of the people"?

Should the president be able to sue anyone for libel?

Which journalists should be in prison? Why?

Mainstream media is certainly no friend of the people.

These type of comments our power solution statement. The media is terrible. So he calls them "fake news". Then he makes his power solution statement. That's the libel and prison statements. I'm not defending these comments I just don't think they are the threat you propping them up to be. The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.
    So how would "mainstream media" become a "friend" of the people? Be specific.

You don't think the president's "tone at the top" is important to the national dialogue?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These type of comments our power solution statement. The media is terrible. So he calls them "fake news". Then he makes his power solution statement. That's the libel and prison statements. I'm not defending these comments I just don't think they are the threat you propping them up to be. The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.
    That is a lot of non-answers. I didn't ask you to defend the comments. I asked whether you agree with them.

That is a simple yes or no.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pavlov and Mono trying to take a page from Cathy Newmans interview on Jordon Peterson is comical to say the least.........
    What are you calling for then?

Speak up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH any right-ist person posting In this forum is already exposing themselves to disagreeing views. This is clearly a leftist slanted forum.
    The right wingers on this forum sure like to martyr themselves.

There are plenty of conservatives here. Quit being a . "Oh noes they disagree with me!" Echo chamber much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH any right-ist person posting In this forum is already exposing themselves to disagreeing views. This is clearly a leftist slanted forum.
    Reality clearly has a leftist slant.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So how would "mainstream media" become a "friend" of the people?

You don't think the president's "tone at the top" is important to the national dialogue?
    Mainstream media becomes a friend when they do a better job.

Yes, it matters but it isn't the major threat to the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He calls anything that makes him look bad "fake news" reflexively and now has legions of followers who do the same thing.

And every president has had a large contingent of the press hostile to him. Fox News is still mainstream despite their pleading to the contrary.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps you can tell that to the people that want to screech and shutdown every opposing view instead of actually having a conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.
    "cultural change of the masses"

Would a cultural change of the masses include the fact that Republicans have viewed a free press and less and less important to Democracy?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Perhaps you can tell that to the people that want to screech and shutdown every opposing view instead of actually having a conversation.
    Why don't you do that yourself since it's important to you?

It's easier for you to fret and play the victim by proxy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how would "mainstream media" become a "friend" of the people?

Yes, it matters but it isn't the major threat to the country.
    "doing a better job" is not really specific. How would it do a better job?

So the president not standing for democratic cons utional principles, and actively encouraging his supporters to autocracy is not a major threat. Good to know.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    The right wingers on this forum sure like to martyr themselves.

There are plenty of conservatives here. Quit being a .
    Observation= being a . I didn't say there wasn't any conservatives here. Liberals outnumber the conservatives, I didn't see you denying that. If one would want right wing speech, would you recommend this forum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-02-2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: nah.

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    Trump was left wing, Hillary was too far left? Because the reality is that he was voted in. Lemme guess, Russian hackers?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Observation= being a . I didn't say there wasn't any conservatives here. Liberals outnumber the conservatives, I didn't see you denying that. If one would want right wing speech, would you recommend this forum?
    Well, not quality right wing speech, but if you want to say almost anything politically -- one could do worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, not quality right wing speech.
    I think that has become something of an oxymoron these days. Anybody of any integrity on the right has been shouted down by the right-wing political correctness posse. The screeching poo-flingers have taken over that asylum, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your "observation" was complaining about having your views challenged. That is a move.

And Liberals do not outnumber the conservatives particularly when you start factoring troll accounts. Your problem is the high density of conservative dumb s like ducks, TSA, Chris, chucho, and joey.

Meanwhile RG posts and he gets on by the troll brigade. He makes a thread and it's spam city.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He calls anything that makes him look bad "fake news" reflexively and now has legions of followers who do the same thing.

And every president has had a large contingent of the press hostile to him. Fox News is still mainstream despite their pleading to the contrary.
    Yeah, it can become a problem. Thankfully, there are some conservative people like Ben Shapiro that point out these issues when they appear. Then you have growing shows like Dave Rubin's that many conservatives are watching that counter and introduce to opposing points. Hopefully this effort continues and more conservatives highlight issues when they see it.

The problem we are seeing now is decades of not highlighting issues on the left. In the past they didn't have protests to shutdown every person with an opposing view. This serious danger to the country that has already reared it's ugly head. I'm pointing it out and people have suggested "just use youtube", minimized reality to two colleges, or have deflected with Trump. Well this issue is already here and it's not at two colleges. The mindset of these protests are the same reason that comedians were complaining about college campuses years ago. This is serious threat to the country. You can highlight Trump as an issue as well but to deflect and minimize this issue is just burying you head in the sand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danger! Serious dangah y'all!

It's coming to a head!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it can become a problem. Thankfully, there are some conservative people like Ben Shapiro that point out these issues when they appear. Then you have growing shows like Dave Rubin's that many conservatives are watching that counter and introduce to opposing points. Hopefully this effort continues and more conservatives highlight issues when they see it.

The problem we are seeing now is decades of not highlighting issues on the left. In the past they didn't have protests to shutdown every person with an opposing view. This serious danger to the country that has already reared it's ugly head. I'm pointing it out and people have suggested "just use youtube", minimized reality to two colleges, or have deflected with Trump. Well this issue is already here and it's not at two colleges. The mindset of these protests are the same reason that comedians were complaining about college campuses years ago. This is serious threat to the country. You can highlight Trump as an issue as well but to deflect and minimize this issue is just burying you head in the sand.
    Teenagers and those in their early twenties being puritan and inflexible is not a threat to the country. It's the reality of that age group.

This generation is liberal. Eventually they will learn that shouting someone down solves nothing just like every other young person. They are a threat to your preferred political establishment though. I like it.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So the president not standing for democratic cons utional principles, and actively encouraging his supporters to autocracy is not a major threat. Good to know.
    It's impossible to state the standard of good but imo at the moment they have clearly not surpassed that standard.

Nobody is shooting for a autocracy. People across the country are shutting down opposing perspectives.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teenagers and those in their early twenties being puritan and inflexible is not a threat to the country. It's the reality of that age group.

This generation is liberal. Eventually they will learn that shouting someone down solves nothing just like every other young person. They are a threat to your preferred political establishment though. I like it.
    Well they are shutting down all opposing perspective. The outcome of that may be liberal but the process is insufficient to produce any well founded outcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the media the "enemy of the people"?
    So how would "mainstream media" become a "friend" of the people? Be specific.
    It's impossible to state the standard of good but imo at the moment they have clearly not surpassed that standard.
    If it is so clear, then it should be trivially easy to say how the media could do a better job.

What would the BEST way be for the media to "do a better job" and be a "friend" to the American people?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The threat to me is the cultural change of the masses in a negative direction which I'm highlighting in this thread.

Would a cultural change of the masses include the fact that Republicans have viewed a free press and less and less important to Democracy?

I'd kind of like an answer to this question as well. It speaks directly to the OP.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd kind of like an answer to this question as well. It speaks directly to the OP.
    Seems he's showing a dislike for how mainstream media is doing their job. He's doing so in the form of a joke. You taking it seriously and making wild inferences to paint Republicans negatively is not very useful.

Thread Information