My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy will be coaching high school in a couple of years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the obsession with the new golden boy. People just did this with Pop for the last half decade, only to finally come to the realization that the secret sauce wasn't his magical "system", but the personnel.

Stevens is as good as I've seen with ATO's, but Ainge deserves far more of the credit for constructing a roster perfectly suited to today's NBA. Coaching them is mostly straightforward. He doesn't have to make the types of difficult rotational, match-up and schematic decisions that most coaches do . . .

1. They have no defensive liability (lead footed big or midget guard) playing an integral role, which means they can effectively switch and make life difficult for the best players, while sending minimal help and mostly staying out of rotations.
    2. They have no offensive liability (a non rim rolling center that can't dribble or pass and can't/won't shoot), which means they offer no safe hiding place for defensive liabilities and can effectively attack mismatches across the board.
    3. Beyond their fit, they have a high IQ and competiveness.

You're naïve at best and delusional at worst, if you think the likes of Lue, Casey, etc., wouldn't have the Celtics in the same position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    steven problem is going to be keeping everyone happy in a few years only one ball
    and making them hungry
    kerr had trouble this year with gs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the obsession with the new golden boy. People just did this with Pop for the last half decade, only to finally come to the realization that the secret sauce wasn't his magical "system", but the personnel.

Stevens is as good as I've seen with ATO's, but Ainge deserves far more of the credit for constructing a roster perfectly suited to today's NBA. Coaching them is mostly straightforward. He doesn't have to make the types of difficult rotational, match-up and schematic decisions that most coaches do . . .

1. They have no defensive liability (lead footed big or midget guard) playing an integral role, which means they can effectively switch and make life difficult for the best players, while sending minimal help and mostly staying out of rotations.
    2. They have no offensive liability (a non rim rolling center that can't dribble or pass and can't/won't shoot), which means they offer no safe hiding place for defensive liabilities and can effectively attack mismatches across the board.

You're naïve at best and delusional at worst, if you think the likes of Lue, Casey, etc., wouldn't have the Celtics in the same position.

they were the #1 seed a season ago, too.

and they didn't have jayson tatum. jaylen brown had no jumper. they leaned heavily on isaiah thomas, jae crowder, and avery bradley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the hipster, stat geek, Lowe disciples/wannabes, who worship at the alter of the so called innovative, progressive teams, the league has become largely genized and gone backwards in a sense: (perceived) mismatch basketball is in vogue again. Cavaliers, Celtics, Rockets and to a lesser extent Warriors, all play seek and destroy relentlessly.

Once they get the switch, which most teams willingly concede even without enough suited personnel, help inevitably has to come after the superstar or star has dusted a helpless defender (damn near anything goes for the offensive player, but the defender can't so much as breathe on them) in space or is about to bully them on the block.

That's basically the whole game in a nuts again.
    Funny how Jackson was antiquated for doing this and Lue (who pulled all the right strings vs the Raptors and coaches the most powerful person in the sport; a player who'd run the offense how he sees fit no matter the coach) is regularly criticized for his supposed lack of an offensive system, yet the others are dubbed geniuses for doing the same thing.

they were the #1 seed a season ago, too.

and they didn't have jayson tatum. jaylen brown had no jumper. they leaned heavily on isaiah thomas, jae crowder, and avery bradley
    And they were subsequently exposed, the same way the 60 win, '15 Hawks were and 59 win, '18 Raptors were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy . Dude trolling only works when you don't make it obvious.
    You’re a hater. I support black coaches unlike most racists on this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

agree... though I have stayed out of it bc I really admire Stevens too.
    But obviously he has lottery talent well selected... that team is really talented and developing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think Boston D makes them the only interesting match up with GSW. Rockets clearly not good enough. They can’t play much better and GSW yawning to a win.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best coach in the league and it really isn't close. Win or lose.

Terry Rozier would be warming Fatty, Tony, G-League, and Delonte's seats if he was a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ What he said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, definitely the best coach in the league. Pop (understandably so) hasn't really given much of a since 2014 and has been thoroughly outcoached by the likes of Doc Rivers and Billy Donovan.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Greatest coach of all time. Replace Poop with Stevens and Duncan has more rings and a couple repeats on his resume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Terry Rozier would be warming Fatty, Tony, G-League, and Delonte's seats if he was a Spur.
    Playing your best players and not giving a how much time they've served in this league; what a concept. It's not the ing military.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, Spurs team from this year had a shot to make NBA Finals from East. No shot in the West playing GSW in the first round.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, Spurs team from this year had a shot to make NBA Finals from East. No shot in the West playing GSW in the first round.
    Spurs don't make it past the Sixers. Much less the Cavs with Fathead guarding Lebron...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't make it past the Sixers. Much less the Cavs with Fathead guarding Lebron...
    What? We destroyed LeBron twice this year and split with Boston. We took a game from GSW in the playoffs, which is probably best case scenario for Boston or Cavs. East is weak. Stevens is a good coach, but he’s not beating Jordan’s Bulls team, he’s beating the worst team LeBron has been on since 2008.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge should get some of the credit for assembling some great pieces. Boston’s easily the best team in the league 1-12. Without Kyrie and GH they won’t touch the Warriors, but that’s a credible group of talent. Great mix of youth and veterans, and a lot of guys who can play in today’s style NBA. Reminds me of what the Spurs used to have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge should get some of the credit for assembling some great pieces. Boston’s easily the best team in the league 1-12. Without Kyrie and GH they won’t touch the Warriors, but that’s a credible group of talent. Great mix of youth and veterans, and a lot of guys who can play in today’s style NBA. Reminds me of what the Spurs used to have.
    True, but Ainge also came close to doing some dumb things, like offering the Heat all those draft picks for Winslow. The Heat saved him from himself thereby extending his legacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing truth nuke...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One win away from the NBA Finals without their two best players. Wild.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba failing. They prd the out of 76ers talent. Now the nobody celtics are proving there is no talent. So to deflect they prop stevens. Get with it
    Now stevens or lebron..... arent any of you smart enough to figure this out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greatest coach of all time. Replace Poop with Stevens and Duncan has more rings and a couple repeats on his resume.
    Just to clarify, are you predicting that he will be the greatest coach of all time (or hypothetically would be if he had a Tim Duncan), or that he already is based on his current body of work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing your best players and not giving a how much time they've served in this league; what a concept. It's not the ing military.
    This x10000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would’ve won the le this year if Stevens was head coach tbh.

Thread Information