Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For better or worse LeBron is the only player who could replace Tim Duncan as the dominant player who has synergistic respect with pop.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron in Austin "Da God" Daye's jersey. I can't get over it tbh.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ that first paragraph..Kawhi and Uncle Dennis would certainly disagree with the closing sentence..
    TBH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, though. What kind of contract do you think Parker will get? He does not seem to be worth the 15 mil that he got paid this year, but we all know he thinks he's worth more, and then there's the Spur over pay for vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Book it tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's "said to be considering" the Spurs too. In fact, there are reports are that the Spurs are somewhere atop his list.

You just laid out all the reasons why he wouldn't sign with the other teams he's "said to be considering." By process of elimination, wouldn't that leave the Spurs?
    If there are, they're not credible ones.

Sure, but the Spurs aren't viewed as "black enough" to appeal to most "African-Americans", particularly the ones who can pick and choose where they want to go. The Aldridge and Leonard situations will only solidify their not providing an environment conducive to them.

Structurally, they wouldn't be a good fit either. Aldridge would have to be convinced to morph into a stretch big. Murray and Parker would be atrocious and poor fits respectively. They'd also lack 2-way or at least non liability wings (Green and Gay would be gone).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there are, they're not credible ones.

Sure, but the Spurs aren't viewed as "black enough" to appeal to most "African-Americans", particularly the ones who can pick and choose where they want to go. The Aldridge and Leonard situations will only solidify their not providing an environment conducive to them.

Structurally, they wouldn't be a good fit either. Aldridge would have to be convinced to morph into a stretch big. Murray and Parker would be atrocious and poor fits respectively. They'd also lack 2-way or at least non liability wings (Green and Gay would be gone).
    wtf are you smoking .....we'd be championship favourites if we landed Bron

I'd give up Green and Gay in a heartbeat

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I love that ESPN page, scroll up and down and LeBron is changing his jersey, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be the guy that offends Trumpers? If that's the case at least half of the country likes me.
    No, the guy dragging politics in a sports thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Vegas taking action on this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None, zero, cero, niente, ni en pedo.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I already ordered a LBJ Spurs jersey so it better be true.
    Did it come with a box of matches? If not, I'm sure there's still time to get your money back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at HEB when I ran into Kawhi by the molasses section and I asked him if LeBron was teaming up with him next season. Just then I was grabbed and thrown to the ground by a very crazy and large man. Kawhi yelled, "Uncle....easy there! He's just asking about LeBron joining me next year!" At that point the man that knocked me down helped me up apologizing profusely. He tried to get me tp sign some kind legal form, but I just said "that's not going happen, unless you sign with the Spurs for a five year extension." My assailant replied, "Damn, I guess he's got us Kawhi." and everyone lived happily ever after...The End

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say like a 5% chance, just can't wait to see how the offseason goes for the spurs

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I'd say the chance increases of LeBron to Spurs if Cavs get eliminated by Celtics without Irving and Hayward.

No one talks about it but if LeBron really wants to stick it to Warriors sign for the vet min with Celtics next season. I know won't happen with Kyrie there but wow that team would be stacked if he did and look how they are doing without those two key players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More likely than Durant was. Lebron has a lot of admiration for the Spurs and Pop. Durant doesn't. Plus Lebron admires Leonard's game and is friends with Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was at HEB when I ran into Kawhi by the molasses section and I asked him if LeBron was teaming up with him next season. Just then I was grabbed and thrown to the ground by a very crazy and large man. Kawhi yelled, "Uncle....easy there! He's just asking about LeBron joining me next year!" At that point the man that knocked me down helped me up apologizing profusely. He tried to get me tp sign some kind legal form, but I just said "that's not going happen, unless you sign with the Spurs for a five year extension." My assailant replied, "Damn, I guess he's got us Kawhi." and everyone lived happily ever after...The End

Well done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20%, maybe less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    incredibly unlikely

kawhi saga would have to be completely resolved first... he's not going to join if kawhi's on the brink of leaving. lebron is 33. he's not going to want to raise dejounte and derrick white... he's looking for a place he can compete immediately. if kawhi is here, that's a 1-2 punch that can stand up to GSW.

as much as spurfan loves to on pop, he's the main reason lebron would come in the unlikely event he did. a coach he genuinely respects, a guy who has always found time to rest stars, and a guy who can create systems that could allow lebron to take plays off or not be so heavily worked. this season was an abberation with LMA being so heavily leaned on, but that was the product of the kawhi injury more than anything else. aldridge isn't going to be the #1 on a "beautiful game" team. he doesn't have the skill set required for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    incredibly unlikely

kawhi saga would have to be completely resolved first... he's not going to join if kawhi's on the brink of leaving. lebron is 33. he's not going to want to raise dejounte and derrick white... he's looking for a place he can compete immediately. if kawhi is here, that's a 1-2 punch that can stand up to GSW.
    For sure. I don’t know anyone that really thinks Lebron would come here as a Kawhi replacement. It only makes sense to team up with Kawhi/LMA while also having some promising youth that made the playoffs in the West with no Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking ahead, if this fantasy comes into fruition, our roster next year could be:

C - Milutinov, Lauvergne
    PF - Aldridge, Bertans
    SF - James, Anderson, 18th pick (Smith / Musa)
    SG - Leonard, Ginobili, Forbes, Paul
    PG - Murray, Mills, White

WE'RE STAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought there would be a chance, but Kawhi and Dennis ed it up.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was never a chance. Not even sure why this is discussed.

LeBron is not leaving what he has for the Spurs even with a full power Kawhi and LMa and even if it makes sense basketball wise, because it's not only about winning, no matter what he or the media say. Only reason he comes is if he's old enough to come as a vet looking to make the most of his last couple of years.

Why do people here keep dreaming and discussing this? Why would LeBron come if he can superteam anywhere, while making more money and credit. Dude can turn superstars into role players and make the media and fans blame superstars that were very productive elsewhere just because his team lost.

Why whyyyy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Kiwi has a better chance of cutting of his cornrows & resigning w/SPURS for lets than the SuperMax b4 LBJ would come to SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was never a chance. Not even sure why this is discussed.

LeBron is not leaving what he has for the Spurs even with a full power Kawhi and LMa and even if it makes sense basketball wise, because it's not only about winning, no matter what he or the media say. Only reason he comes is if he's old enough to come as a vet looking to make the most of his last couple of years.

Why do people here keep dreaming and discussing this? Why would LeBron come if he can superteam anywhere, while making more money and credit. Dude can turn superstars into role players and make the media and fans blame superstars that were very productive elsewhere just because his team lost.

Why whyyyy?
    Lebron makes money anywhere in the league. Heck, he makes money in Cleveland. He would want to join to the spurs because of pop and they are le contenders. Plus he would fit alongside the Spurs big 2. However with Pop questionable for coaching again or even the issues around Leonard, perhaps there won't even be a meeting. There would be no point if either of those two things happen.

Thread Information