Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought there would be a chance, but Kawhi and Dennis ed it up.

Me too. 2017 Kawhi plus this years LMA would be strong and could be enticing to join. I think aside from money and marketing, he wants to join a team that he feels could dethrone the Warriors once adding him.. Spurs were that team last year, but this year? SMH

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    lebron not coming, apparently it was a misunderstanding
    Last edited by SuperCam; 05-09-2018 at 07:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple reports have Golden State and San Antonio atop LeBron’s offseason list.

This is similar to the situation of the summer of 2016, when Kevin Durant was deciding between the Warriors, Thunder, and Spurs. In an interview on his decision-making process later that year, he revealed that his decision ultimately came down to the Warriors and the Spurs, and he chose the Warriors because they lost to the Cavs in the Finals that year and he felt he could be the piece that would bring them over the top. This implies that he would have gone to San Antonio had Golden State won the championship that year.

Assuming LeBron follows a similar decision-making process, it is likely his choice will come down to Golden State and San Antonio this summer (assuming he decides to leave Cleveland). And if the Warriors ultimately win the championship (which they likely will), then he may feel that his best shot to dethrone them and win another championship will be with the Spurs.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-agency-summer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even knowing that there's no chance, Aldridge must still have nightmares about LeBron joining the Spurs and/or Kawhi returning

"NOOOO!! NOT MY TOUCHES!!!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably about the same chance

that Kawhi Leonard will star in a Broadway musical.

or

That Tony Parker will defer praise to a team mate

or

that Danny Green will develop handles and a midrange jumper over the summer

or

that Patty Mills will pass up a semi-open 3 to feed the post

or

that Pop will miss an opportunity to wax philosophical about politics instead of basketball

or

That Pau Gasol will catch an alley oop from LMA, dunk it over Anthony Davis, standing over Davis afterward beating his chest.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron makes money anywhere in the league. Heck, he makes money in Cleveland. He would want to join to the spurs because of pop and they are le contenders. Plus he would fit alongside the Spurs big 2. However with Pop questionable for coaching again or even the issues around Leonard, perhaps there won't even be a meeting. There would be no point if either of those two things happen.
    Interesting, but I would think playing in Cleveland is more about playing for his home team. He doesn't have any ties with the Spurs that can make up for anything he might prefer of other places.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that KD logic. Warriors were over the top, they just had a hurt Curry and Bogut, and Draymond doing dumb things on the court.

Pretending he was an actual missing piece for the Warriors to be a championship team..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that KD logic. Warriors were over the top, they just had a hurt Curry and Bogut, and Draymond doing dumb things on the court.

Pretending he was an actual missing piece for the Warriors to be a championship team..
    I felt KD joining the Warriors would have been equivalent to Duncan joining Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have seen on Lebron's nature and temperament, he does not fit with Popovich and the Spurs. Lebron has an entourage and is his own decision maker on and off the court a lot of times. Significant negotiations, not just on money, would have to be made and the Spurs would have to accommodate a borderline circus compared to what they are used to. After this past season I could see the Spurs making a big push for him as the empty seats in the stands every year is sad to see and it would be a good distraction from the Kawhi drama from this past year.

Lebron would honestly become very credible and enhance his reputation for his desire to be looked at as an unselfish team-first player and he could ride out the last few years of his career being in a protected reputable organization like the Spurs. However, you know how his marketing team wants to keep him out of SA probably but hopefully his really close family and friends will appreciate the Spurs family first environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, but I would think playing in Cleveland is more about playing for his home team. He doesn't have any ties with the Spurs that can make up for anything he might prefer of other places.
    It would come down to control. Pop will tell him that he can have many more years by managing his minutes. More money in the long run. Bigger legacy. LMA said that was on his list. He liked how pop gets more years out of his vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks good in a Spurs jersey, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/ex...-leonard-happy

David Griffen, ex Cavs gm on bill Simmons podcast:

My intention wasn’t necessarily to say L.A. made the most sense (as a landing spot for LeBron James), just that it’s as likely as anything else. San Antonio could be as likely as anything else. Why couldn’t San Antonio find a way to clear the space to bring LeBron in to make Kawhi happy? LeBron thinks Pop is an absolute icon. That’s an outcome that could happen as well. And if someone could pull that off, it’s Pop. For me, when I look at it, and you’re making the decision to do this, you have to start, ‘This is the Spurs.’ If this was any other organization, I would believe all the fire starter nonsense about he has to leave. I don’t think you have to do anything. Pop has the level of control and power to say, ‘No, I’m not trading Kawhi Leonard.’ If you’re going to not do that, then you’ve going to need to put him in a position to dictate outcomes, so maybe you have to change the pieces around him. I think that’s more likely than they just cave and move the guy.”

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks good in a Spurs jersey, tbh

Austin Daye got a tan for 2K?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For better or worse LeBron is the only player who could replace Tim Duncan as the dominant player who has synergistic respect with pop.
    They have that based on what horsehsit narrative?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About as likely as Kawhi Leonard playing all 82 games in a season.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As has been stated before, if Celts win without Kyrie or Hayward, Lebron is as good as gone...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been very critical of Lebron's decision and actions as a selfish player and marketer of his own brand. I truly believe deep down he is a down to earth family guy but he has a marketing posse and an NBA/media culture that encourages selfish behavior. Lebron is on his last legs whether he likes it or not. All this complaining after fouls is really just him knowing his body can't make it up and down the floor for 38 mpg no longer. If he was smart he would realize his brand and resume is big enough to allow a Spurs type send off and enjoy the later part of his NBA career. Its whether he will change up his decisions and make a comfortable basketball decision and not marketing decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, his Cav team is in a better position right now being good enough to allow him to win in the East.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been very critical of Lebron's decision and actions as a selfish player and marketer of his own brand. I truly believe deep down he is a down to earth family guy but he has a marketing posse and an NBA/media culture that encourages selfish behavior. Lebron is on his last legs whether he likes it or not. All this complaining after fouls is really just him knowing his body can't make it up and down the floor for 38 mpg no longer. If he was smart he would realize his brand and resume is big enough to allow a Spurs type send off and enjoy the later part of his NBA career. Its whether he will change up his decisions and make a comfortable basketball decision and not marketing decision.
    dont worry you'll turn on him when he decides to play somewhere besides san antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Originally Posted by K...
    For better or worse LeBron is the only player who could replace Tim Duncan as the dominant player who has synergistic respect with pop.

They have that based on what horsehsit narrative?
    This.
    I would also like to know where the alleged deep respect and admiration for Popped as a coach comes from.
    Fabrication?

Popped has to be either #1 or at worst #2 behind Phildo Jackson all time as coaches lucking into a roster.
    Doubt many other stars (including LeBron) put up with his bull line ups and subs utions.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly hope he comes here. That way all of social media will tune in to watch all 82 games and witness first hand how much of a re ed front office we have from top to bottom

Lebron and his fans will absolutely love watching Fatty Shills and Danny League go on a national clanking tour while Gasol gets stripped or blocked by guards in the paint. Hope he's ready for 4 assists per game!

Wont even mention the Mills, Parker, Forbes, Manure, Lebron units that crater face will rely on...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly hope he comes here. That way all of social media will tune in to watch all 82 games and witness first hand how much of a re ed front office we have from top to bottom

Lebron and his fans will absolutely love watching Fatty Shills and Danny League go on a national clanking tour while Gasol gets stripped or blocked by guards in the paint. Hope he's ready for 4 assists per game!

Wont even mention the Mills, Parker, Forbes, Manure, Lebron units that crater face will rely on...
    Lol! The assumption with Lebron coming will be him recruiting guys like Kawhi and other players around the league and making sure Spurs make the roster moves to accomodate Lebron. Unfortunately these moves never work out if Lebron is injured or leaves because he is such a big part of any coaching scheme for a team that teams look like crap without Lebron out there.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol! The assumption with Lebron coming will be him recruiting guys like Kawhi and other players around the league and making sure Spurs make the roster moves to accomodate Lebron. Unfortunately these moves never work out if Lebron is injured or leaves because he is such a big part of any coaching scheme for a team that teams look like crap without Lebron out there.
    When the Spurs mortgage their future draft picks in order to get rid of Mills and Gasol, only to be abandoned a year later by Kawhi and Bron....

God, yes. That will surely get Drunkford the outta here and on to a rehab center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hey, Pop will finally have the megaphone he wants to talk social issues. He's been done coaching since 2014.

Thread Information