Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Originally Posted by K...
    For better or worse LeBron is the only player who could replace Tim Duncan as the dominant player who has synergistic respect with pop.

This.
    I would also like to know where the alleged deep respect and admiration for Popped as a coach comes from.
    Fabrication?

Popped has to be either #1 or at worst #2 behind Phildo Jackson all time as coaches lucking into a roster.
    Doubt many other stars (including LeBron) put up with his bull line ups and subs utions.
    Being in the West why shoudl i as a fan want Lebron's bs bull ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being in the West why shoudl i as a fan want Lebron's bs bull ?
    Because it could finally be a sign of him "getting over himself". It wouldn't be full on Lebron show like other franchises. Lebron himself knows he would have to tone down about halfway to be a member of the Spurs. He could be a DRob type in the media become even more about good value and morals. Of course this would be all up to Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LeBron loses to Dubs, will LeBron join forces with CP3 and Harden to get back to Dubs? Seems likely

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it could finally be a sign of him "getting over himself". It wouldn't be full on Lebron show like other franchises. Lebron himself knows he would have to tone down about halfway to be a member of the Spurs. He could be a DRob type in the media become even more about good value and morals. Of course this would be all up to Lebron.
    Wow just wow. I can understand wanting Lebron to play for the Spurs but you are pretty delusional to believe he would change as a person by being on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then the mommy said you need to sleep now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow just wow. I can understand wanting Lebron to play for the Spurs but you are pretty delusional to believe he would change as a person by being on the Spurs.
    Never assumed he would change. I feel like Lebron has been hyped and chosen by a marketing giant since he was a kid. Deep down he is a good guy, everyone will say that. It his marketing team that drives everything he does on camera. Plus Lebron has done a lot of good that DRob would be proud about as well. Just look it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think LeBron has it in him to leave the cavs again. What reason does he have to leave? He's already in the conversation for GOAT player and pretty much has a trip to the Finals guaranteed every season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think LeBron has it in him to leave the cavs again. What reason does he have to leave? He's already in the conversation for GOAT player and pretty much has a trip to the Finals guaranteed every season.

I agree, however I think he would jump at the opportunity to beat GSW if it presented itself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly hope he comes here. That way all of social media will tune in to watch all 82 games and witness first hand how much of a re ed front office we have from top to bottom

Lebron and his fans will absolutely love watching Fatty Shills and Danny League go on a national clanking tour while Gasol gets stripped or blocked by guards in the paint. Hope he's ready for 4 assists per game!

Wont even mention the Mills, Parker, Forbes, Manure, Lebron units that crater face will rely on...
    So the world will make fun of a front office that was good enough to land Lebron ? Also, if Lebron is here that means the guys you mentioned will not be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are a few reasons:

1. He legit hates Dan Gilbert. He turned the fans on Gilbert too and Lebron delivered on his promise to bring a le to CLE. Fans already have said they don’t care if he leaves and all the blame will be on Gilbert. So he’s covered on that front.

2. His supporting cast outside of Love is medicore to bad and they are cap-strapped with their only asset being that BKY pick. They can add, but they are DAMN limited in their ability to add to the squad it appears.

3. He can still go somewhere in the East (PHI, etc..) and have the same trips to the ECF/Finals guaranteed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one thought he would leave the first time. I agree with the points that DPG made, and will add one more. His cast in CLE is aging out and falling apart. I think his automatic trips to the Finals are at an end. It's not to say that he can't take CLE to the Finals, but it's not a mortal lock like it has been most of the last decade. Boston and Philly are legit threats, and Boston may take them out this year.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i guess he doesn't give a about the fans. how are spur fans supposed to get excited about the draft, trades, or free agency with this hanging in the wind?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Gilbert isn't a factor. If the Cavs were in a good position to win he would stay with the Cavs. They are not in a good position though and that's why he will leave. I expect him to go to Philly. They have the space and assets to move around to create a much better contender. He has always jumped on the golden opportunity to be a le threat. That's not going to change this summer.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If he really wants an almost guaranteed ring not GSW related sign with the Celtics for a low end 1 year deal. I know won't ever happen because of Irving being there but if they can somehow put their differences aside with that roster and coach I don't see anyone beating them even GSW if healthy.

I agree though I see Philly as the favorite, 2nd Houston and 3rd Spurs. it's the East they have pieces and it's a challenge and it's not that far from Ohio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he really wants an almost guaranteed ring not GSW related sign with the Celtics for a low end 1 year deal. I know won't ever happen because of Irving being there but if they can somehow put their differences aside with that roster and coach I don't see anyone beating them even GSW if healthy.

I agree though I see Philly as the favorite, 2nd Houston and 3rd Spurs. it's the East they have pieces and it's a challenge and it's not that far from Ohio.
    Disagree. Why is LA not at the top. Dont they have room to sign both PG and Lebron this offseason? Those two plus the young Lakers looks awfully good too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if the Celtics sweep the Cavs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. Why is LA not at the top. Dont they have room to sign both PG and Lebron this offseason? Those two plus the young Lakers looks awfully good too.
    Bruh, they won 31 games. Yes, adding PG/Lebron helps but they aren’t good. You aren’t beating SA with Kawhi or GS by adding PG/Lebron to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Gilbert isn't a factor. If the Cavs were in a good position to win he would stay with the Cavs. They are not in a good position though and that's why he will leave. I expect him to go to Philly. They have the space and assets to move around to create a much better contender. He has always jumped on the golden opportunity to be a le threat. That's not going to change this summer.
    Dan Gilbert is a major factor in the context of Bron winning the PR battle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn it would be sick if this pushed Lebron to SA. It’s not happening and I know it but can’t help it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn it would be sick if this pushed Lebron to SA. It’s not happening and I know it but can’t help it.
    Yes it’s unlikely, but I’m guessing it might have crossed his mind in the last hour.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it would be likely if kawhi was healthy.
    spurs would've been favorites.

maybe philly would be up there.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Gilbert is a major factor in the context of Bron winning the PR battle.
    Yeah, that's true but LeBron simply won't stay with a team without championship potential. He's not sticking around for this type of embarrassment for years to come. That pr is an extra bonus for his image though.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Close this thread. It's embarrassing...

Hornetstalk.com might as well have one as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only chance he would have to knock off GS would be to join Kawhi or AD. He needs another top 10 player & there aren't any others who could dominate without the ball in their hands (Harden, Westbrook, Giannis, Simmons who's probably not top 10). Those are the only 2 who play D also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we trade LA+Pau for Lebron?

Thread Information