Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If both Danny and Rudy opt out, SA is in a much better/easier spot to clear a “Lebron Max” then HOU is. If those two opt out, SA is in control and would really only need to trade Pau/Mills since they could erase the cap holds for all other free agents.
    I can't see LeBron, Harden, and Paul playing on the same team. At least not how the Rockets play. Just doing a one person, ball dominant play seems like there will be too many cooks and only one kitchen. Now, if the NBA starts allowing three basketballs to be used in a game, then yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm coming up with 32.33, repeating of course, percentage of acquisition
    Goddamit, Leroy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can easily see Lebron fitting with Harden/CP3 since CP3 has proven he can be fine with a ball dominant guard in Harden. It worked out really well for HOU (not against GS, but ya).

I think Lebron would eat into Harden’s workload but I think both Harden and Bron need that and they would figure it out. The issue is HOU has a very difficult path to clearing max cap space and would likely need Bron and CP3 to both agree to much, much less than their full max deals to make it work even IF they could trade Ryan Anderson/Eric Gordon.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pringles rockets are fools gold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are a really good team and if KD had not joined, this HOU team might have been good enough to take down what was still a stacked GS team with Curry/Klay/Dray and role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see LeBron playing in that D’Antoni’s chucking 3’s system and hopefully they outscore Dubs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are a really good team and if KD had not joined, this HOU team might have been good enough to take down what was still a stacked GS team with Curry/Klay/Dray and role players.
    Wrong, teams that dont play defense and have Mike 'antoni as coach dont win les. See 2007 Pheonix Suns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were ranked in the top 10 in defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong, teams that dont play defense and have Mike 'antoni as coach dont win les. See 2007 Pheonix Suns.
    ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were ranked in the top 10 in defense.
    You think the Rockets play defense? I dont give a about regular season statistics. Look at their defense, Harden is standing and getting smoked. They are getting picked apart. And they play dumbass 3 point chuck offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can easily see Lebron fitting with Harden/CP3 since CP3 has proven he can be fine with a ball dominant guard in Harden. It worked out really well for HOU (not against GS, but ya).

I think Lebron would eat into Harden’s workload but I think both Harden and Bron need that and they would figure it out. The issue is HOU has a very difficult path to clearing max cap space and would likely need Bron and CP3 to both agree to much, much less than their full max deals to make it work even IF they could trade Ryan Anderson/Eric Gordon.
    Harden has the ball in his hands almost 100% of the time when he is in the game. It's not until Harden is on the bench that Paul really has the ball in his hands. He's accepted that role, but LeBron won't. You'd have to decide who is the alpha dog, Harden or James. It's not that it couldn't work, it's just that Harden seems like he wants to be the MVP and the man on the team, but if LeBron is there, then no way would Harden be the man. Would he accept that? No one questions Harden over Chris Paul. But add LeBron to the mix and that changes things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the Rockets play defense? I dont give a about regular season statistics. Look at their defense, Harden is standing and getting smoked. They are getting picked apart. And they play dumbass 3 point chuck offense.
    they play better defense than 26 or 27 teams for sure, this gsw team at its best would make 98% of all teams in nba's history look bad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they play better defense than 26 or 27 teams for sure, this gsw team at its best would make 98% of all teams in nba's history look bad
    Houston has good defenders, but they don't have someone that can guard Durant and Harden is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen on any level of basketball and it boggles my mind that he is that bad as he should at least be as good as a 40 year old Manu. The way Harden surrenders on defense, you'd think it was him and not Tony that was from France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me the '99 or the '05 Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2014 Spurs would beat this Golden State team easily. Our 2017 Spurs were in position to beat GS last year without homecourt and that team cant hold a candle to the 2014 Spurs.

FYI, Pheonix 07, a terrible defensive team, was #13 in defense in 2007. Your argument is . Ironically, the Phoenix 2007 Suns had a better defensive rating than this years Houston team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs 2003 with DRob/Timmy would destroy both these teams, with or without KD. Heck I’m not a Laker fan, but the diesel Shaq would go through that Gaymond defense. I hate that the NBA games got reduced to how many 3’s a team can chuck. Anyone claims Houston plays defense is nuts. I grew up watching Rambis getting close lined, Jordan beefing because he’s gonna get hurt by Laimbeer/Mahorn. Harden, CP3, Curry and KD foulbait on 3’s? Gimme a break. I stopped watching once Spurs got eliminated. I’m just curious where LeBron would go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2014 Spurs would beat this Golden State team easily. Our 2017 Spurs were in position to beat GS last year without homecourt and that team cant hold a candle to the 2014 Spurs.

FYI, Pheonix 07, a terrible defensive team, was #13 in defense in 2007. Your argument is . Ironically, the Phoenix 2007 Suns had a better defensive rating than this years Houston team.
    my argument is ? coming from someone who thinks that some team would win "easily" gsw? nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would bet on the 2005 spurs for sure, and I believe that the towers of 99 would have good odds

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Warriors would steamroll both of those teams, and that's not even an insult. The Warriors are just too OP.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nash did a much better job with dantonis offense... nash always pushed the pace while Harden walks it up...

That’s why this rockets team will lose in five MAYBE 6. If it goes seven or they win, I will eat crow, but dantonis system is severely flawed and he is bent to win his way.... so the only way they win is if the players take it upon themselves to play defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would bet on the 2005 spurs for sure, and I believe that the towers of 99 would have good odds
    14 Spurs team were the best Spurs team imo and the only one that can beat this Warriors team. I do think 99 Spurs could make it interesting but I think the lack of offensive firepower would do them in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would Danny Green agree to that?!
    To get 10mil

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors would steamroll both of those teams, and that's not even an insult. The Warriors are just too OP.
    Eh, I think the 99 or 05 Spurs could've beaten GSW, but it would have been tough. GSW's advantage with its small ball lineup is being able to use Green against the current crop of NBA bigs. There are only a handful that could sort of punish him on the block and still guard perimeter players on switches. In '99, the Spurs could play both Robinson and Duncan to punish GS inside while handling switches on the perimeter. That said, the Warriors would still have match up headache Durant and Curry could easily hide on AJ. Back then you could put your hands on guards and the bigs had more protection, so the rules would've favored San Antonio's offense over GSW.

'05 probably goes to the Warriors, especially because Duncan wasn't 100%. I think Manu is better than Thompson and Parker would carve up Curry. Bowen would be an adequate defender on Durant and you can never discount him Pachulaing him. But ultimately, I don't know that the '05 Spurs could score with GSW and I don't think our defense would've been good enough. We won that year because we played a team in the finals that made us look like the GSW by comparison.

I'd certainly pick the '99 and '05 teams over any of the current NBA teams to beat the Warriors in today's game.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I think the 99 or 05 Spurs could've beaten GSW, but it would have been tough. GSW's advantage with its small ball lineup is being able to use Green against the current crop of NBA bigs. There are only a handful that could sort of punish him on the block and still guard perimeter players on switches. In '99, the Spurs could play both Robinson and Duncan to punish GS inside while handling switches on the perimeter. That said, the Warriors would still have match up headache Durant and Curry could easily hide on AJ. Back then you could put your hands on guards and the bigs had more protection, so the rules would've favored San Antonio's offense over GSW.

'05 probably goes to the Warriors, especially because Duncan wasn't 100%. I think Manu is better than Thompson and Parker would carve up Curry. Bowen would be an adequate defender on Durant and you can never discount him Pachulaing him. But ultimately, I don't know that the '05 Spurs could score with GSW and I don't think our defense would've been good enough. We won that year because we played a team in the finals that made us look like the GSW by comparison.

I'd certainly pick the '99 and '05 teams over any of the current NBA teams to beat the Warriors in today's game.
    The 2003 - 2007 Spurs' defenses (adding to the 1999 defense) were historically great. There's no way Draymond would be able to bully Duncan, even on one ankle - he barely could guard him in that 2013 series despite the fact that Duncan was already playing with a bum knee. Anyways, people sleep on just how dynamic Manu and Parker were in 2005.

Thread Information