Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Multiple reports have Golden State and San Antonio atop LeBron’s offseason list.

This is similar to the situation of the summer of 2016, when Kevin Durant was deciding between the Warriors, Thunder, and Spurs. In an interview on his decision-making process later that year, he revealed that his decision ultimately came down to the Warriors and the Spurs, and he chose the Warriors because they lost to the Cavs in the Finals that year and he felt he could be the piece that would bring them over the top. This implies that he would have gone to San Antonio had Golden State won the championship that year.

Assuming LeBron follows a similar decision-making process, it is likely his choice will come down to Golden State and San Antonio this summer (assuming he decides to leave Cleveland). And if the Warriors ultimately win the championship (which they likely will), then he may feel that his best shot to dethrone them and win another championship will be with the Spurs.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-agency-summer
    Last edited by Uriel; 05-06-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As high as the chances of Trump never telling a lie from this day forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Urinal with the hot take

0%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero percent chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -0%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero percent chance.

As high as the chances of Trump never telling a lie from this day forward.

How are you all so sure?

We already had a thread discussing the rumor that the Warriors and the Spurs were atop LeBron’s list. And we all know he’s not going to Golden State (especially if they win the championship).

Throw in LeBron’s love of Pop and it doesn’t seem so far-fetched. All the Spurs would have to do to free up a max slot is salary dump Pau and get rid of Parker, since we already know Green and Gay will opt out.

I think the possibility is more likely than many people seem to realize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How are you all so sure?

We already had a thread discussing the rumor that the Warriors and the Spurs were atop LeBron’s list. And we all know he’s not going to Golden State (especially if they win the championship).

Throw in LeBron’s love of Pop and it doesn’t seem so far-fetched. All the Spurs would have to do to free up a max slot is salary dump Pau and get rid of Parker, since we already know Green and Gay will opt out.

I think the possibility is more likely than many people seem to realize.
    Bc the Spurs are a show right now and no star, much less superstar is joining a show

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bc the Spurs are a show right now and no star, much less superstar is joining a show
    Yup pretty much this. Factor in the show going on right now with Kawhi and Uncle Dennis. It's a pretty unstable situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup pretty much this. Factor in the show going on right now with Kawhi and Uncle Dennis. It's a pretty unstable situation.

That’s true.

But if somehow Kawhi and the Spurs are able to mend fences and Kawhi signs the supermax the first chance he gets, wouldn’t that entice LeBron to join San Antonio and form the most formidable Big 3 in the NBA since the 2011 - 2014 Heat?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant was deciding between the Warriors, Thunder, and Spurs. In an interview on his decision-making process later that year, he revealed that his decision ultimately came down to the Warriors and the Spurs,
    I thought it leaked out that Vagina Durant had been spooning with the Warriorths all season long that season. His tanking after the 3-1 OKC lead due to the fact he knew he was joining the Golden gots.

I don't buy at all that a like him would consider the Spurs. Gay Area all the way.

As to LeBron and all this Love of Pop schpeel. LeBron knows what's up with the Spurs. Sure he talks to DeJonte on the regular too. I think Lebron has a love of Healthy Kwas game and would love to team up with a Healthy Kwa to ream the Warriors. But now? No way.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Multiple reports have Golden State and San Antonio atop LeBron’s offseason list.

This is similar to the situation of the summer of 2016, when Kevin Durant was deciding between the Warriors, Thunder, and Spurs. In an interview on his decision-making process later that year, he revealed that his decision ultimately came down to the Warriors and the Spurs, and he chose the Warriors because they lost to the Cavs in the Finals that year and he felt he could be the piece that would bring them over the top. This implies that he would have gone to San Antonio had Golden State won the championship that year.

Assuming LeBron follows a similar decision-making process, it is likely his choice will come down to Golden State and San Antonio this summer (assuming he decides to leave Cleveland). And if the Warriors ultimately win the championship (which they likely will), then he may feel that his best shot to dethrone them and win another championship will be with the Spurs.
    You read too many comics kid. Kevin Durant was never going to be a Spur. It was the Warriors, OKC and nobody else. Kawhi Leonard didn't even show up at the lunchin, extend a telephone call or mail a greeting card because according to SAGirl, his wife was expecting sometime over the summer and he needed to be by her side.

The only way Lebron even contemplates a move to San Antonio is if Kawhi recruits him and we both know it's going to be a cold in before that little er opens his mouth.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    As much as the dirty creek being attractive to potential free agents outside of Texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure, but the only way I see it is if we shop Kawhi for draft picks and that would/should clear enough space to sign Lebron? Not sure if that works cap-wise, but I don't us being able to have two max contracts. And without Kawhi is Lebron going to come to SA?

We could trade Kawhi for multiple first round picks, players that could possibly be contributors and that might convince Lebron to join the Spurs but I don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20%. He has a small window left to catch Jordan. He’s going where he can win chips.
    1. Philadelphia (solid team and they will trade for kawhi too after getting smashed by the injured celtics)
    2. New Orleans (they are giving the Warriors , add LeBron and they are unbeatable)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say he's on the spurs roster if the Cavs do not rang this year..book it!

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already ordered a LBJ Spurs jersey so it better be true.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it would be likely if kawhi was healthy.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if Kawhi sticks around, it could happen.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would LeBron handle not being the highest-paid player on his own team in 2019-2020 once Kawhi signs the supermax?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would LeBron handle not being the highest-paid player on his own team in 2019-2020 once Kawhi signs the supermax?
    Didn't he go through a similar situation with the Heat and Dwyane Wade? Besides, I would like to think he's at the stage in his career where he cares more about his legacy than money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is a huge got but he wouldn't go to the dubs. That's just ridiculous.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small chance if Kwahi sticks around. None if Kwahi bolts

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8% chance. Kawhi doesn't talk so Dejounte would have to recruit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL,no way PATFO would allow lebron the control he has over the Cavs
    To even entertain the thought means you haven't really been paying attention
    I'd rather they take those millions and clone a 22 year old TD21 'cause they're both about as likely to happen!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Each playoff win the Cavs get further ensures Lebron ain't leaving.

Thread Information