Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are neocons still pissed that St Ronnie didn't take revenge on Iran for the Embassy destruction?

(can't blame St Ronnie, he colluded with Iran to hold the hostages until after St Ronnie was sworn in)

Iran has done less to destabilize M/E than USA, which is the World Champion War Monger and Terrorist Recruiter.

What do Repugs gain from fomenting Iran into a hoped-for revolution? More Jewish/AIPAC $100Ms?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-16-2018 at 09:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if there is regime change, which ins ution in Iran is most likely to prevail?

hardliners in the military.
    100%

If there is internal regime change it will be to remove the Secular Rhouhani and install an ultra hardline Muslim cleric type

Heads will roll

Maybe US wants that so they have better excuse to attack Iran. Similar thing they tried in Syria.

Question is would Russia/China step in to help Iran then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    65 years ago today, the US and the UK smothered Iranian democracy in its crib:

http://theconversation.com/how-the-c...emocracy-81628

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    other "meddling" by the American Empire, where did this lead to?

• September 1950 — Truman sends the Military Assistance Advisory Group (MAAG) Indochina to Vietnam to assist the French. The President claimed they were not sent as combat troops, but to supervise the use of $10 million worth of U.S. military equipment to support the French in their effort to fight the Viet Minh forces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    European spineless pussies have caved to US pressure and decided to stop importing Iranian oil

gutless eurocucks

China, Russia, India and Turkey staying strong so far

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iran says it has full control of Gulf and U.S. navy does not belong there

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...2F+Top+News%29

that should piss off the blood-thirsty, war-mongering US neocons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is huge IMO, just last year Turkey and Iran were literally fighting a war in Syria on opposite sides

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is also pretty big. They are basically forming a soft alliance so nobody can really say Iran is in Syria illegaly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Donald Trump administration is scrambling to get concessions out of Russia on Syria before the Bashar al-Assad regime completes its reconquest of the country, greatly constraining any remaining US leverage.With Assad’s forces poised to take back the last remaining rebel bastion of Idlib, US officials are in a race to get Moscow to help curtail Iranian influence. Washington is worried that a final Assad victory will give Tehran and its proxies free rein to ferry weapons and supplies through to the Mediterranean Sea, threatening Israel and other US allies.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/en/...mpression=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too late, Syria is already a Russian/Iranian condominium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too late, Syria is already a Russian/Iranian condominium.
    All with illegal squatters in their northeast condominium building bases

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All with illegal squatters in their northeast condominium building bases
    sorry, what? are we talking about Kurds now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a bully has its drawbacks. Germany to probe SWIFT alternatives:

"The current issues with Iranian financial ins utions accessing SWIFT is not a new development of economic diplomacy malfunctioning. Disputes between the USA administration and SWIFT arose in 2006 and 2012 respectively, with their resolutions not being satisfactory for both parties," Bovis went on.

"It is also highly likely that the EU will develop a system which mirrors the SWIFT functions but without the interference of the US administration," Bovis said.

"The Deutsche Börse owns and controls international central securities depositories such as Euroclear and Clearstream. SWIFT does not have a monopoly in international intra-banking transactions. The EU has legal and regulatory powers to combine asset and cash swapping and clearing houses and create a parallel system to SWIFT in order to accommodate transactions of Iranian financial ins utions in the light of the recent agreement between Iran and the major western economies, including Russia, after the withdrawal of the current USA administration.

This parallel system of financial infrastructure represents a type of financial utility which could be linked to the European Investment Bank and provide denominated credit facilities in euros," Bovis added.

Academics Esfandyar Batmanghelidj and Axel man have argued, for example, that during a previous Iranian SWIFT ban in 2012-16, several European banks were able to maintain their relationships with Iranian financial ins utions by using "ad hoc messaging systems" and this could be revived.

The two academics posit a rise in the use of so-called gateway banks — which have access to the ECB's value payments system, Target2, and limited exposure to the US financial system — which would conduct euro transactions on behalf of buyers and sellers of Iranian oil. Instead of using SWIFT bank identifier codes to indicate account number, Batmanghelidj and man point to the possibility of using IBAN numbers, a different international standard.
    https://www.dw.com/en/germany-urges-...nce/a-45242528

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry, what? are we talking about Kurds now?
    Usa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larison cuts through the bull :

The Trump administration’s willingness to “negotiate” with Iran is very much like its readiness to make a “deal” with the Palestinians: the other side is expected to make extensive concessions in exchange for nothing and will be punished severely until they agree to these humiliating terms. It is no wonder that the Iranian government has no interest in “negotiations” that amount to capitulation.
    https://www.theamericanconservative....t-iran-policy/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if the U.S. had not reneged on the nuclear deal and proven that it can’t be trusted to honor its commitments, it would be extremely unlikely that Iran would be open to making more concessions than it has already made on the nuclear issue. Once the U.S. reneged on the deal, that made it politically impossible for any Iranian leader to negotiate with Washington. Once the U.S. started reimposing sanctions without justification, it became clear that the administration’s real goal was not a “new deal” but the destabilization and toppling of the regime.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    American warmongers beating that war drum. "Iran is the largest state sponsor of terrorism" - does the average American believe this propaganda? I even saw Rudy mention terrorism in Europe. No, that would be your butt buddies Saudi Arabia

USA already forgot the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's.

I'm with Iran. To with Saudi Arabia and take Israel with you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    British Prime Minister Theresa May told "CBS This Morning" co-host John erson Friday that she believes Iran is holding up its end of the 2015 nuclear deal.

"From what we see, we believe that it is doing that," May said.

She also said the deal, formally known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, should stay in place because she believes it will prevent Iran from gaining a nuclear weapon.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/theresa...-nuclear-deal/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a bully has its drawbacks. Germany to probe SWIFT alternatives:

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-urges-...nce/a-45242528
    They are working with China to do just that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-45634448

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, China and Europe are trying to divorce themselves from the American (Financial) Empire.

Pootin is loving it, as Manchurian Trash carries out Pootin's strategy to perfection.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Bolton Warns Iran ‘There Will Be to Pay’ in Fiery Speech: ‘We Will Come After You’

“We do not intend for our sanctions to be abated by Europe or anybody else,” he added.

“So, I might imagine they would take me seriously when I assure them today:

If you cross us,

our allies, or

our partners;

if you harm our citizens;

if you continue to lie, cheat, and deceive,

yes, there will indeed be to pay.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/john...ome-after-you/

The Ugly American, The Ugly America

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-25-2018 at 07:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, China and Europe are trying to divorce themselves from the American (Financial) Empire.

Pootin is loving it, as Manchurian Trash carries out Pootin's strategy to perfection.
    Not wrong about that. This is exactly the kind of thing that benefits the corrupt Russian government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eurasia bypassing the USA is a possible side effect of a tariff war. Those supply chains won't poof back into existence when tariffs are removed.

Nor will the markets for ag and US manufactures.

Oops.

Thread Information