My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter who wins. We all lose tbh

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The wing defenders Houston has will be the big difference here. The games they've played I was surprised at how well they managed to shut GS down.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Houston in 7.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will win in 5.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State in six. I figured if we saw a 70% Curry then Houston would ring while a 90% Curry would lock up a le for the Warriors. Curry looks more 90% than 70%, so while I think it'll be a good series, I'll take Golden State to clinch the le at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter who wins. We all lose tbh

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Isoball v ball movement

Floppers v whiny es

Fake tough guys v fake tough guys

Tough call actually. Unlike many, I think Houston does have a chance. Some suggest that iso ball can’t compete with the great ball movement. But I don’t buy that. The iso ball Houston runs is exactly what works with its personnel. And often times it’s what gets their spot up shooters clean looks. I think Capela is huge because his ability to play up on perimeter players on switches is a revelation. I think Ryan Anderson can also play a nice secondary role in this series if they actually decide to use him. But the big thing will be those spot up shooters for Houston. Ariza, Gordon, Tucker, Green, and Anderson if he plays have to shoot well enough when GS defense start shading and collapsing the paint more to help.

Initial gut tells me Golden State in 6. But I’ll go against it with a little Houston bias.

Rox in 7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    warriors. curry looks plenty healthy, and durant is a more reliable closer than harden/paul (yeah, i'm saying that after paul's performance yesterday)

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This is when we'll finally see GS wake up and bring their A game. Dubs in 5, maybe 6

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Golden State in six. I figured if we saw a 70% Curry then Houston would ring while a 90% Curry would lock up a le for the Warriors. Curry looks more 90% than 70%, so while I think it'll be a good series, I'll take Golden State to clinch the le at home.
    This pretty much sums it up ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has the 2 best players between both teams. That's all you really need to know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has the 2 best players between both teams. That's all you really need to know.
    Agreed I feel that CP3 or Harden will have to be the best player on the court for the Rox to have a chance to win this series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    let's hope it goes the distance and it's filled with injuries. god bless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed I feel that CP3 or Harden will have to be the best player on the court for the Rox to have a chance to win this series.
    So Durant has to keel over

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Having the best two players isn’t an automatic playoff series win against another really good team. We’ve seen that as recent as the 2011 and 2014 Heat. We saw it with the 2004 Shaq and Kobe. We saw it with 2005 Shaq and Wade.

The better argument is that Golden State arguably has 4 of the best 6 players between the two teams, no disrespect to Clint Capela.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This series will be 2 snaps up!

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Its not the popular choice and the odds are stacked against them but I really like Houston's chances here. CP3 just needs to continue to be that offensive safety net and figure out a way to limit Curry's production - a task he's done with success this year. Houston was built systematically from top to bottom to beat GS and If the role players can sink what the Warriors defense can give them, then I see an upset.

One concern- Harden's been playing way below his level in the first 2 rounds. 40% shooting isn't going to cut it. Optimistically, there's no way he'll continue playing at that pace. He's due for an excellent series- at least, that's what you should hope for if you want the Rockets to continue their success. Cherry on top if Eric Gordon decides to join him.

It's going to be a tough series, but I have my money on Houston. They have great defenders (Mbha Moute, Ariza, Tucker) and can match GS' offensive prowess. This isn't your MDA Suns folks, they can play on both ends of the floor.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As long as LeBeta doesn't ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe that it's come to the point where I'm actually hoping for Lebron to win the Finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having the best two players isn’t an automatic playoff series win against another really good team. We’ve seen that as recent as the 2011 and 2014 Heat. We saw it with the 2004 Shaq and Kobe. We saw it with 2005 Shaq and Wade.

The better argument is that Golden State arguably has 4 of the best 6 players between the two teams, no disrespect to Clint Capela.
    In 2011 Lebron just choked in that series. He played way below his capabilities.

In 2014 Kawhi came out of nowhere and played Lebron to a standstill from games 3-5 which was huge. Nobody saw that coming at that time.

In 2004 Kobe sabotaged the Lakers. He even admitted it in an recent interview with Shaq.

In 2005 Heat lost that series due to Wade suffering a strained rib muscle injury that caused him to miss game 6. In game 7 he tried to play through it but was terrible.

All the scenarios you mentioned had fluky things occur that allowed the upsets to happen. Basically the Rox will need something fluky to happen for them to win.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    In 2011 Lebron just choked in that series. He played way below his capabilities.

In 2014 Kawhi came out of nowhere and played Lebron to a standstill from games 3-5 which was huge. Nobody saw that coming at that time.

In 2004 Kobe sabotaged the Lakers. He even admitted it in an recent interview with Shaq.

In 2005 Heat lost that series due to Wade suffering a strained rib muscle injury that caused him to miss game 6. In game 7 he tried to play through it but was terrible.

All the scenarios you mentioned had fluky things occur that allowed the upsets to happen. Basically the Rox will need something fluky to happen for them to win.
    The reasons don’t matter. The post I quoted was written in a way that suggested an absolute. One team has the two best players.

Regardless of the reason, it’s not a guarantee to win a series. That’s the point. Flukes happen in sports all the time. Bad bounces. Lucky shots. Poor officiating. Injuries. Foul trouble. Ejections. Unexpected heroes and goats. happens. It’s not like it’s never happened. It’s not like it only happened once in a 100 years. I just gave four examples in the last 15 or so years. Having the two best players doesn’t guarantee the win.

Thread Information