Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You obviously hear what you want to hear.
    Yeah, I hear it on DailyWire.com

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Yeah, I hear it on DailyWire.com
    Okay, you hear what you want to hear on DailyWire.com

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    'Solo' Will Lose $50+ Million In First Defeat For Disney's 'Star Wars' Empire

To borrow one of Han Solo's lines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, "That's not how the Force works!" It's an apt way to sum up the troubled performance of Solo: A Star Wars Story. In one of the biggest box-office surprises in recent times, Solo is badly underperforming and will become the first of the Star Wars movies made by Disney and Lucasfilm to lose money. Wall Street analyst Barton Crockett says Solo will lose more than $50 million. Industry financing sources, however, say that figure could come in at $80 million or higher, although no one knows the exact terms of Disney's deals for home entertainment and television, among other ancillary revenues.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do some new characters and spread the out so you don't milk it dry.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Making the Kessel Run a remake of the asteroid belt scene from Empire is a bad decision on par with midichlorians.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Showing the Kessel Run at all was a bad decision. The greatness of the original line was its ambiguity.

That's the problem with "checklist" movies like this, the filmed version is never as good or interesting as the audience's imagination.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    most of the new characters the've made have been ass though

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Showing the Kessel Run at all was a bad decision. The greatness of the original line was its ambiguity.

That's the problem with "checklist" movies like this, the filmed version is never as good or interesting as the audience's imagination.

Yeah kinda like making an entire Clone Wars movie off of the one line in New Hope

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah kinda like making an entire Clone Wars movie off of the one line in New Hope
    Maybe, but I thought Rogue One was a good movie and story on its own regardless. I thought the line in A New Hope that it was based on was served (vs. diminished) by an illustration of those events. The Kessel Run line was just a goofy throwaway that didn't need larger subtext built around it.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

True, but they still could have found a way to make it better than THAT. The Kessel Run always sounded like some badass “Fast & Furious in Space” type speed run. It could have been done so much cooler than it was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Maybe, but I thought Rogue One was a good movie and story on its own regardless. I thought the line in A New Hope that it was based on was served (vs. diminished) by an illustration of those events. The Kessel Run line was just a goofy throwaway that didn't need larger subtext built around it.
    The Kessel Run line is huge in star wars lore. I honestly don't see how you make a Han Solo movie back story movie without it.

The "you fought in the clone wars?" line was way more of a throwaway line.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Kessel Run line is huge in star wars lore. I honestly don't see how you make a Han Solo movie back story movie without it.
    It's huge because its ambiguity allowed for an infinite number of interpretations, which is fun.

Now the Kessel Run is an actual thing, which (as Mono said) was basically another asteroid chase that we've seen already. That's less fun.

I think you can still do a Han Solo backstory without it. Focus the story around one specific and important event in his life. SOLO tried to tie in every "fan favorite" piece of Han's history into one cohesive story, and it just felt like they were completing an arbitrary checklist.

Han meets Chewbacca

Han meets Lando

Han wins the Falcon in a poker game

Chewy becomes co-pilot

Kessel Run

Etc. I don't think a good Han Solo movie requires an illustration of all of those events. It's empty fan service at the expense of story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I think you can still do a Han Solo backstory without it.
    The nerd wrath of a kessel run exclusion would be more than even Disney could handle

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I keep saying this (but Disney doesn't listen to me ).

They seem intent on fleshing out the post-episode III/pre-episode IV years and milking the same old tired characters. Hopefully the poor performance of Solo forces them to reexamine that decision. There are so many different stories in so many different timelines they could tell. Nobody wants to see a ing Boba Fett movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Nobody wants to see a ing Boba Fett movie.
    Not now after the way they butchered his back story.

But if that had never happened, yeah I'd would have been intrigued with a boba fett movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I keep saying this (but Disney doesn't listen to me ).

They seem intent on fleshing out the post-episode III/pre-episode IV years and milking the same old tired characters. Hopefully the poor performance of Solo forces them to reexamine that decision. There are so many different stories in so many different timelines they could tell. Nobody wants to see a ing Boba Fett movie.
    ing Boba Fett. A good costume is about all I see there

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    that fett death was just so anti-climatic. here we have the greatest bounty hunter in the universe being killed by a blind solo in an three stooges like manner.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    also luke's kick

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well only thing he lacks is the anti-semitism and thats cuz he is jewish lol
    Shaps is one of the more accurate Conservative media personalities out there and he opens free debate anywhere and everywhere even in the face of unfounded smear campaigns and intolerant colleges who's Leftists try and prevent him from coming on campus to talk. He's logical, factual and has an open Q+A session at most of this talks that most speakers from either side fear. He's legit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    that fett death was just so anti-climatic. here we have the greatest bounty hunter in the universe being killed by a blind solo in an three stooges like manner.
    Yup. tier than Solo's death which was really ty too

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The whiff

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shaps is one of the more accurate Conservative media personalities out there and he opens free debate anywhere and everywhere even in the face of unfounded smear campaigns and intolerant colleges who's Leftists try and prevent him from coming on campus to talk. He's logical, factual and has an open Q+A session at most of this talks that most speakers from either side fear. He's legit.
    Lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He had one cool moment and that's when he figured out that's solo snuck out with the trash when they released it. How the is he this mythical badass character. Gmafb character with no lines and only a cool costume. I don't understand how we got this huge fan base

Thread Information