Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I was taking a poop a few mins ago just thinking, Eagles/Jags in London this year really should have been the Super Bowl rematch game...

What the was Doug Marrone thinking? 20-10 midway through the 4th quarter, Myles Jack just stole the ball and you now have...a commanding... two possession lead AND the football just shy of midfield.

You gain 9 3/4 yards in 3 plays. Not ideal, but not the worst thing. Honestly, it's not a hard decision. You're playing the Patriots, on the road no less. You can't beat the Patriots in the playoffs by playing orthodox, conservative football. Nope, that doesn't do.

But PUNTING the ball back to Tom Brady of all people????!??!???!??

Cardinal sin. Jacksonville squandered their best shot at an NFL championship they will ever have.

You have Fournette, but most importantly the threat of Fournette. Bortles is 6'5" and pretty good at QB sneaks. Obviously, NE stacks the box on a 4th and inches situation. So you have options, all of which are high percentage. The best of all might be a quick run fake and a leak out of a tight end, fullback or quick hitch and comeback from the Z receiver... easy first down.

You move the chains and make it VERY hard for NE to come back, run another few minutes off the clock and now you reach a point where NE's chances likely ride on some sort of low-percentage sequence like ...quick stop, quick score, onside kick recovery, another score. You take your chances every time in that situation.

But to really punt the ball back to Brady after your defense just made an incredible play. That's a major slap in the face to that defense, Fournette, Bortles and really the whole team except for the punting unit.

Close 2nd was playing cover 2 s on the ensuing drive on 3rd & 18 with Brady backed up. Haven't you watched film, read scounting reports people?? Brady isn't going deep outside the numbers to Cooks vs. Ramsey in that situation. He has more chemistry with Hogan, sure, but across from Hogan is Bouye, which favors Jacksonville. NOPE...he's going to Gronk (out injured), Edelman (out injured), or Amendola... and you give up the middle to Amendola vs. a slow, old, non-coverage linebacker Posluszny in tampa 2 coverage. Horrible mismatch. Jaguars lose.

Disgusting, imo.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I thought the Jags were a potential threat going into the playoffs, but they exceeded all expectations. That 4th quarter is still painful to watch, as you alluded to. They caught lightning in a bottle that season, and you just get the sense that they blew their only chance.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    They had a better shot in 1999 than they did last year, imo. Prime Brunell >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brtles.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They had a better shot in 1999 than they did last year, imo. Prime Brunell >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brtles.
    Brunell in 1999 vs 2017 Bortles

comp%...58.7...Bortles 60.2
    yards....3,060...Bortles 3, 687
    TD/INT...14/9...Bortles 21/13
    Rushing...208..Bortles 322
    QB rating...82..Bortles 84.7

Why do you even talk QB's?

Dude, when comparing athletes ya always go with....SAME STAGE OF CAREER....ok? In 99 Brunell was a 7 season vet, in 2017 Bortles was in his 4th, ok? And if we compare their first 4 seasons, it's not even close, it's all Blake Bortles.

TD/INT

Brunell...33-27
    Bortles...90-64

Everything we could look at favors Bortles.

The reason I talk up Wilson is because what he's done in his first six seasons is better than what anyone else has ever done.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-12-2018 at 05:37 PM.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Myles Jack wasn’t down. Period point blank. Last season was about the defense and the scoring that defense created. They score a fumble return against the Steelers the week before and should’ve had another one against the pats to secure the win. But the refs blew his wad.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Myles Jack wasn’t down. Period point blank. Last season was about the defense and the scoring that defense created. They score a fumble return against the Steelers the week before and should’ve had another one against the pats to secure the win. But the refs blew his wad.
    I agree... refs need to NEVER blow the whistle on those types of plays unless the downing is obvious... you can always review it if you didn't blow the whistle, but not if you did...? Bogus! Cheatriots in bed with the refs per par.

ASJ will help the offense but not sure the defense will be as good. Calais is getting up there in age. Base 4-3 MLB smart thumper Pozzy is retired.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I thought the Jags were a potential threat going into the playoffs, but they exceeded all expectations. That 4th quarter is still painful to watch, as you alluded to. They caught lightning in a bottle that season, and you just get the sense that they blew their only chance.
    Especially since they had the last place schedule last year and this year they're going up against the best of the AFC plus the NFC East which is the 2nd best division in the NFC which is the better conference. Also, the AFC South could be improved with the return of Watson and/or Luck.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    I agree... refs need to NEVER blow the whistle on those types of plays unless the downing is obvious... you can always review it if you didn't blow the whistle, but not if you did...? Bogus! Cheatriots in bed with the refs per par.

ASJ will help the offense but not sure the defense will be as good. Calais is getting up there in age. Base 4-3 MLB smart thumper Pozzy is retired.
    I think Taven Bryan is going to be a beast and keep that dline fresh. Ronnie Harrison was a steal in the 3rd round and we have some young up and coming talent at line backer. The defense should still be strong. I think the offense takes a leap this year. Too much speed at WR and RB. The offensive line is going to be unreal and people don’t even realize it yet.

Thread Information