Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i stopped weightlifting now, did nothing 2 yrs, my mr would slow. Im also getting older each day. You could be thinking that my met rate is getting slower bc im getting older.. i start going to gym and build muscle. Each day i get older, but oh my the met rate is higher now than it was 2 years ago. ..... do you get the science?
    More than you, obviously. But if you've published a book let me know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2 worst posters on this site melting down @ each other

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually find it very interesting please do continue with the debate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally admire Tony's drive and compe ive nature. I think he's going to give it everything he's got and he has something to prove still. I totally want to keep him for continuity and depth. Just no more absurd contracts to over the hill players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time I've ever though the Spurs would let Tony walk. I guess it kind of depends on how much he wants and what he can do after an extra year to rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denial ain't a river in Egypt honey
    mmmm hmmmmm

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tholdren: " if you just lift more bro and eat right you could play into your 50's or forever".
    Tell that to the dead people who have died throughtout history. If they just lifted more and done more cardio and increased v02 max they could of lived and had a 42 inch vertical bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porky knows how to wheel and deal Drunkford and co. for nice big checks. He's not going anywhere sadly tbqh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tholdren: " if you just lift more bro and eat right you could play into your 50's or forever".
    Tell that to the dead people who have died throughtout history. If they just lifted more and done more cardio and increased v02 max they could of lived and had a 42 inch vertical bro.
    I doubt you could play forever. Tell that to the dead people who died throughout history....? Cardio and vo2 max would have little to do with vert as compared to rfd

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than you, obviously. But if you've published a book let me know.
    Muscle mass is majotrity of what determines rmr. Thats science. You lost

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metabolism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why he wants to keep playing? He is way past his prime. It can’t be too much fun for him anymore to be out on the court. He used to be up and down the court with great legs and the ability to get to the basket. He has no legs anymore and basically can’t score. He is not going to be a starter on any team. He’s going to make very little money. What is the point of continuing on? You had a great career. You are going to the Hall of Fame. Retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan looked done in 2011, Ginobili the same a couple years later. And yet, they adjusted their bodies, their roles, and their minutes to be effective contributors for longer than anyone expected.

I'm not saying Tony will follow the same path, but he needs a full season after his injury and adjusted to his new role for me to truly decide how much he has left.
    Tim was 6”11 With great fundamentals and also incredible basketball IQ. Tony is Maybe 6-1.. He relied on his speed for the most of his career. His jumpshot got better and better but he was never a great shooter. when he was 19 years old it was practically a brick every time he put the ball up. So he improved from flat out awful to be decent. Never a point guard that could really shoot the three. At this point in the NBA your point guard has to flat out score the ball. He could do that at his peak. No more. He was also never a great passer. What skills does he have at this point anymore to really offer anyone? I see nothing from him at all at this point to indicate he should still be playing in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim was 6”11 With great fundamentals and also incredible basketball IQ. Tony is Maybe 6-1.. He relied on his speed for the most of his career. His jumpshot got better and better but he was never a great shooter. when he was 19 years old it was practically a brick every time he put the ball up. So he improved from flat out awful to be decent. Never a point guard that could really shoot the three. At this point in the NBA your point guard has to flat out score the ball. He could do that at his peak. No more. He was also never a great passer. What skills does he have at this point anymore to really offer anyone? I see nothing from him at all at this point to indicate he should still be playing in the NBA.
    Hes crafty in the paint. If he loses fat and adds some muscle hed be good to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2 worst posters on this site melting down @ each other
    tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So dumb he cant even respond with words. Read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if he focused more on being an outside shooter, he can be an effective scorer. Jason Kidd became an efficient 3pt shooter in his later years, and Tony has been solid from deep in the recent past. It just comes down to him mentally accepting his new role, adjusting his game to suit and getting his body right physically.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America is unhealthy because they are too old. And that means your metabolism is bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America is unhealthy because they are too old. And that means your metabolism is bad
    Just admit your a fatass like most other Americans

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just admit your a fatass like most other Americans
    Sorry, cant be. I have a job that requires me to stay healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, cant be. I have a job that requires me to stay healthy
    super size me

Dont believe you have a job either

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    super size me

Dont believe you have a job either
    Doesnt matter what you believe. Only that you had nothing to add to the original debate. Sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesnt matter what you believe. Only that you had nothing to add to the original debate. Sad
    Debate?

watching you and the jimmer mormon meltdown @ each other is good comic relief.

carry on......

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Debate?

watching you and the jimmer mormon meltdown @ each other is good comic relief.

carry on......
    Sad... here for attention. Atleast he tried to defend his side. Completely illogical, but you have no position, so it makes you look even more dumb than spurtacular

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After about 25-27 this is true however, with good diet nutrition exercise and rest you can cruise pretty close to that peak untill between 45-50 it varies a good bit depending on genetics. Yes there is a drop off but if you do it right and take care of yourself it's fairly small. Rehabilitation and recovery after exertion are slower, but generally as a person you can pretty close to peak condition. That said there is also a very real fall off that begins to occur if you aren't taking care of yourself.

Thread Information