Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this scrub think he has three more seasons left in the tank? He's done after next season unless Spurs are stupid enough to give him a multi-year contract.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018...urs-20-seasons

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this scrub think he has three more seasons left in the tank? He's done after next season unless Spurs are stupid enough to give him a multi-year contract.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018...urs-20-seasons
    He’s not in denial. Poop and RC are really stupid enough to dole out such contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan looked done in 2011, Ginobili the same a couple years later. And yet, they adjusted their bodies, their roles, and their minutes to be effective contributors for longer than anyone expected.

I'm not saying Tony will follow the same path, but he needs a full season after his injury and adjusted to his new role for me to truly decide how much he has left.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree with OP, however he did have an injury that surely affected him this year. It’s possible he improves over the summer, but I wouldn’t hold my breathe. Will give him the benefit of the doubt for a veteran contract and a back up role.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can go however long he wants. People always mistake age for the end. The end is when you stop consistently pr'ing in the gym and during practice. If he trains as hard as he can he will be better. This is the culprit, mindset, not age, when it comes to your body and performance. Its science.. not that anyone on st understands fact v opininion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can go however long he wants. People always mistake age for the end. The end is when you stop consistently pr'ing in the gym and during practice. If he trains as hard as he can he will be better. This is the culprit, mindset, not age, when it comes to your body and performance. Its science.. not that anyone on st understands fact v opininion
    No. with Tony, it's age. Had he developed a good 3 pointer or have great court vission, I'd say maybe he's got more to give. But as good as he was, he really was a one trick pony. Albeit one of the best at his one trick

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    you're an idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a vet contract at the end of the bench he can still collect a ring with the dubs
    Would be sad tho

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quit using this as another reason to try and hate on Tony. Tons of athletes have this at ude, including Michael Jordan himself.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm not saying Tony will follow the same path, but he needs a full season after his injury and adjusted to his new role for me to truly decide how much he has left.
    he doesn't have enough left to make up for his defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Ok. Go ahead and find any scientific research that disproves the above. If you disagree with anything about the post you have no clue how the body works.

The part about tony going is directly related to him either working to his max daily or not. My tbeory is hed come back stronger next year and then fizzle out due to his lack of focus on his body. Hes never been physically impressive his whole career, and plays overweight... so if he were to make a point to show hes not done it wouldnt last due to his pattern of behavior

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. with Tony, it's age. Had he developed a good 3 pointer or have great court vission, I'd say maybe he's got more to give. But as good as he was, he really was a one trick pony. Albeit one of the best at his one trick
    This is what you dont get. The body ages more slowly than you think. People have in their heads this age range of prime which is totally exaggerated. Proper nutrition and training intensity can keep athletic performance on par for years. What does change however is mindset and decreasing of workout intensity/performing same workout over over.... after being in a sport lets say 20 years 13 to 33 the mental piece begins to lag. Goals have been reached, no longer is there some type of attainanble challenge for many. So they slack on the physical aspect and there you have the PRIME misconception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not in denial. Poop and RC are really stupid enough to dole out such contracts.
    Pretty much this.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan looked done in 2011, Ginobili the same a couple years later. And yet, they adjusted their bodies, their roles, and their minutes to be effective contributors for longer than anyone expected.
    Parker by being a part of "The Big Three" always made the mistake of interpreting that to mean he was a superior athlete like them. Once the quickness was sufficiently depleted, what was he supposed to fall back on?

Also, Duncan didn't look done in 2011. That's just a ST cliffjumper take that you obviously never processed as such.

I will agree that he may not be fully recovered from the injury and that this thread could be premature. But the signs were there before the injury. And 5'11", 36 years old, and a worn-out body figures to be more of the same if not worse. Sure, the window is cracked open that I'm wrong though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what you dont get. The body ages more slowly than you think. People have in their heads this age range of prime which is totally exaggerated. Proper nutrition and training intensity can keep athletic performance on par for years. What does change however is mindset and decreasing of workout intensity/performing same workout over over.... after being in a sport lets say 20 years 13 to 33 the mental piece begins to lag. Goals have been reached, no longer is there some type of attainanble challenge for many. So they slack on the physical aspect and there you have the PRIME misconception.
    If this were true, Manu would still be a super star. Come to terms.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude, no, just no! The older you get, the slower and weaker you get. Unless your on p.e.d.s like lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then Tony isn't doing it right because he's slow as now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its true all in your head, sure got to be realistic in some cases, but only 30 %

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this were true, Manu would still be a super star. Come to terms.
    Its science, sorry your GED didnt expose you to that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, no, just no! The older you get, the slower and weaker you get. Unless your on p.e.d.s like lebron.
    Sorry, that you are exactly the type of moron I am referring to above. Too dumb to even learn about the body... human beings are so dumb

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then Tony isn't doing it right because he's slow as now.
    Obviously. Look at his body. Hes fat.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its science, sorry your GED didnt expose you to that.
    You're GED makes you think there is marginal difference between 29 and 36.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    On a vet contract at the end of the bench he can still collect a ring with the dubs
    Would be sad tho
    Yeah because the Warriors need more help as if Durant, Green, Thompson, Curry and Iguodola being on the roster isn't enough. Parker would fit in quite well coming off the bench for Curry. Even though it would look totally f**ked up seeing him in a Warriors uniform.

Thread Information