Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost the entire blue team is now even more convinced Russia got Trump elected and holds power over him. This is exactly what this country does not need. Imo, an exaggerated claim. We go all Russiaphobe now with a big kickback that makes a military solution more palatable for extremes. Not good
    Agree 100%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "if Sessions is such a reliable asset for the Russians, why did he impanel Mueller?"

Remember how many top Repugs were slobbering over Mueller BEFORE he got nasty with Trash? Very little risk and plenty of cover for less JeBo to choose Mueller

"calling everyone who works for DJT a Russian asset is moronic"

oh yeah?

tell us why JeBo, as a Senator from ing AL, met with Russians multiple times, then LIED and/or FORGOT about those meetings before Congress.

He "forgot" something like 100+ times before Congress, which just may be par for a two-bit, racist lawyer from AL.

He's compromised, and he knows it.

"but boutons for once seems to have stumbled on a rhetorical trope that's effective: Cold War atavism."

G F Y

then you go on to contradict yourself, and support my contentions about Repugs and Russians :

"it's weird to me how Republicans are posing as peaceniks and Dems are wrapping themselves in national security and the flag"

Repugs aren't peaceniks, except towards ADVERSARY Pootin. They're traitors cozying up to a very weak adversary. They are either less accomplices of Trash, or something else.

but WTF is this Repug infatuation with Pootin? Where's the benefit to Repugs or USA?

This goes back, at least, to Repugs and right wing hate media ridiculing knee-crossing black Obama vs man-spreading white Pootin. I thought then it was just racist, Muslim-hate for BHO, to embarrass him as "illegit KENYAN" "professor" "community activist" Pres while cozying up to murderous, autocrat, white Pootin, as a preferable leader.

But BHO is long gone, and Repugs, independent of Trash, are still pro-Pootin.

My guess is that there's something nefarious with the Repugs ming over Pootin, because Repugs don't give a about USA, democracy, ethics, morals. What do Repugs gain ming over Pootin, giving him the benefit of the doubt as legit leader and equal?

Ayn Rand Paul and ing CATO are now going to crawl to Pootin soon, after 6 Congressional Repugs did it recently.

W T F?

I mean REALLY

W T F?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orange guy comes into these meetings totally unprepared and even then goes off script.
    Orange guy just forced his own ten high hand.
    I would say DJT is undermined by his propensity to wing it, but the pattern suggests he might not be coachable.

Maybe it's time to break out the teleprompter: DJT tends to reduce his own political cover every time he opens his mouth.

DJT's reserves of Congressional support are not infinite. The blowback from yesterday's joint appearance with Putin shows that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you read every post? Let me know.
    yes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJT's reserves of Congressional support are not infinite. The blowback from yesterday's joint appearance with Putin shows that.
    As my WaPo article link says, Repugs are terrified of Trash's cult, which is still for Trash and pro-Pootin (because Trash is pro-Pootin), and also afraid of losing the swing voters who are probably all swinging away from Trash and Repugs.

Repugs, who mostly support FBI/IC about Pootin, won't say the conclusion that Pootin helped/elected Trash to be an illegit President because that would piss off Trash and his cult, and get them destroyed in November.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a tough dilemma for congressional Republicans. caught between Beltway insiders and their own voters.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a tough dilemma for congressional Republicans. caught between Beltway insiders and their own voters.
    Voters that have no clue what a democracy is and why this summit was so significant for what was not said as well.

“Mr. Putin, I was elected to lead this country thru a democratic process that you tried to play with. Now, half the US thinks I’m beholden to you. Can you see how this affects my ability to run a FREE country?

No you can’t? Or no, that was the purpose of this deeply disturbing willful intrusion?”

fckn orange idiot...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Sessions is such a reliable asset for the Russians, why did he impanel Mueller?

calling everyone who works for DJT a Russian asset is moronic, but boutons for once seems to have stumbled on a rhetorical trope that's effective: Cold War atavism.

it's weird to me how Republicans are posing as peaceniks and Dems are wrapping themselves in national security and the flag.
    It is probably going to get weirder as the realignment of the two parties continues to play out over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahem

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 million investment - it worked out beautifully for the Russians!

Not only did they buy/pay for a president - they got an entire right wing GOP and 35% of a cult to go with it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butina plea deal drops.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NRA leader, Jack Abramoff and GOP operative tied to alleged Russian spy Maria Butina have long history as foreign agents lobbying together

Meanwhile, David Keene — a paid member of the NRA’s board of directors and former president of the gun rights organization who has faced scrutiny over ties to Butina’s alleged Russian influence operation — has registered as a different type of foreign agent lobbying for Argentina’s government.

Keene and Erickson have a long history together dating back to the 1990s when they were registered foreign agents lobbying, in collaboration with Jack Abramoff, for a well-known “dictator” to gain entry into the United States.

Signs that Butina may soon cop a plea deal follows a
    September filing by federal prosecutors indicating that Butina “offered to provide information to the government about [Erickson’s] illegal activities.”

The NRA’s cozy ties with Russia

In December 2015, Butina’s Russian gun-rights organization called the Right to Bear Arms sponsored an NRA delegation to Moscow where attendees met with influential Russian officials including former deputy prime minister Dmitry Rogozin who had been under U.S. sanctions since 2014.
    Alexander Torshin — a Russian politician and longtime associate of Butina who has since come under U.S. sanctions — played a key role in the trip and, allegedly,

Russia’s decade-long operation infiltrating American conservative groups.

Senate intelligence and finance committees have reportedly requested do ents on the NRA’s connections to Russia,

including do ents related to whether the NRA took Russian money and the 2015 delegation.

After spending a
    record $54.4 million to put President Donald Trump in the White House and support Republicans in Congress,

the NRA’s membership dues dropped precipitously the following year.

Although the NRA’s lawyers initially denied the Russian money, they eventually admitted to receiving “a total of approximately $2,512.85 from people associated Russian addresses”

Keene’s wife, in collaboration with Erickson, reportedly
    offered Butina $1 million to help secure 5 million barrels of Russian jet fuel — nearly two times all of Russia’s refineries exports in a month — in an unsuccessful scheme to sell the fuel through an American middleman in 2017.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...tina-lobbying/

NRA spent $54M on Trash, while

"
    the NRA was struggling financially, reporting
    a $45 million budget deficit in 2016 tax do ents."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...siness-n897521

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Fox news reports that this Russian spy...

"has nothing to do with the Mueller investigation"

after saying for 2 years that this "rusher thing" is nothing but DEMS making up this because of the 2016 election

now they are carefully saying this is something "separate" from Mueller lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is separate from Mueller, it's the DC US Atty's office.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Trash will fart "No Collusion"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Trash will fart "No Collusion"
    and you'll regurgitate a bunch of worthless articles from your far left loon outlets here day in and day out. ugh...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is separate from Mueller, it's the DC US Atty's office.
    Separate - yes -

Unrelated - Nope

LE agencies can work separately or they can work in tandem and share intel with each other.

Mueller is not the only agency that can investigate Russia and Trumps ery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Separate - yes -

Unrelated - Nope.
    Burden's on you to show it. I know you put a lot of faith in investigative results, maybe they'll bear out your hunch, maybe they won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mueller is not the only agency that can investigate Russia and Trumps ery.
    Who argued he was?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the extent NRA funds were used improperly in any facts discussed in the [Democratic report led by Wyden], it appears to have been minor, hardly a rounding error for an organization with hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue each year and nothing that cannot be corrected with minor intermediate sanctions," the Republican analysis states.
    This is the GOP defense of the NRA.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/76487...report-reveals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YES, NRA FUNDS WERE USED IMPROPERLY, BUT ONLY MINOR SANCTIONS ARE APPROPRIATE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hyper-patriotic NRA was/is compromised by Pootin and his mafiya.

As Wyden says, take nothing the deeply corrupt NRA says/LIES at face value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move along, nothing to see here, you looky-loos

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/27/u...peachment.html

Thread Information