Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard pretty good things about Porter, actually, though i've never watched him play. I have heard Simmons name mentioned at 18 too, along with Brown, Diop. Seems most of the bigs are at the top or the bottom of the first round or earlier second round, unfortunately.
    I wasn't criticizing him, it's just the reality of today's league. Even if they do end up going into a retool or rebuild, the question that has to be kept in mind is: when good again, can (insert player) play against elite teams? If the answer is no, then he's not worthwhile.

Since you can really only play one big lineups often and almost exclusively against the elite, if you're not a dual threat defensively, at the rim and in space, you better excel at least at one and hopefully be able to offset your deficiencies at the other offensively.

Considering he'll be a role player, that won't be possible. Even if he becomes a high percentage/volume 3-point shooter, Frye has long been that, yet was virtually unplayable in the previous two Finals.

Unless there's an unexpected drop of a projected lottery pick, if not Porter or Brown Jr, I think they'll select a 3-and-D wing (Thomas, Bates-Diop, Hutchinson, Evans, Frazier).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What pick? For why?
    10th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What pick? For why?
    If it had jumped to 2 or 3, they could have kept it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of mock drafts have the Spurs taking Divincenzo. I didn’t see him play much, but that national championship game was outstanding. His shooting is excellent, high iq, crazy athletic, and max effort player. He’s not very long, but the Spurs desperately need shooters. I’m all for him at 18.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of mock drafts have the Spurs taking Divincenzo. I didn’t see him play much, but that national championship game was outstanding. His shooting is excellent, high iq, crazy athletic, and max effort player. He’s not very long, but the Spurs desperately need shooters. I’m all for him at 18.
    I think he's a bust. But that's just the feeling I get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone that surprised me in the workouts was Grayson Allen. He had a 10.31 lane agility test, the fifth fastest EVER at the combine, and his vertical was measured at 40.5, off of one foot. Scouts love one foot jumpers, because they can get off the ground quicker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's a bust. But that's just the feeling I get.
    he's had a solid combine so far but not sure how significant that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grayson Allen. I'll stop watching the Spurs altogether if they draft that spoiled got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's had a solid combine so far but not sure how significant that is.
    It's not. Divincenzo is this year's great championship game player who will never translate his game to the league. Book it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not. Divincenzo is this year's great championship game player who will never translate his game to the league. Book it.
    from what i have seen of him the best case scenario i get out of him is a rid or a belinelli in that he moves very well without the ball and shoots well off screens. he also has similar defensive limitations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grayson Allen. I'll stop watching the Spurs altogether if they draft that spoiled got.
    I doubt they would draft him. He definitely isn't "over himself", and he has that tripping issue and is a bit of a hothead. I just had no idea he was so athletic. Couple that with his nice shooting stroke, and someone will take a flyer on him late in the first.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chandler Hutchison it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they would draft him. He definitely isn't "over himself", and he has that tripping issue and is a bit of a hothead. I just had no idea he was so athletic. Couple that with his nice shooting stroke, and someone will take a flyer on him late in the first.
    from nbascoutingreport.net on grayson allen:

Pro comparison
    A shorter and less crafty Manu Ginobili

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't touch Divincenzo with the 49th pick much less the 18th. Disgusting what I'm reading from ty racist posters. Even gave him the "high iq" label that they give every ty white guy but somehow forget about that trait when it pertains to players of color.

Now they're talking about Grayson Allen. Deplorable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Who said I couldn't get Paul and Khyri?"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one month Chandler Hutchinson and some draft and stash will be part of the Spurs family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one month Chandler Hutchinson and some draft and stash will be part of the Spurs family.
    you think the spurs would take hutchinson at 18 or in the 2nd round? because 18 would seem pretty high a spot in the draft for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like Allen.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to be more athletic and younger. Good but not great options at#18. I would like to take a flyer on a young guy like Anfernee Simons. I you are going to send the pick to the Gleague anyway, might as well be somebody with huge upside. He might even grow another inch or two, he is still very young

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players that i'd be interested in at the 18th pick;

Keita Bates Diop
    Anferne Simmons
    Khyri Thomas

Players that i'd be interested in at the 49th pick;

Hamidou Diallo
    Sviatoslav Mykhailuk
    Chimezie Metu
    Last edited by cd021; 05-27-2018 at 11:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to be more athletic and younger. Good but not great options at#18. I would like to take a flyer on a young guy like Anfernee Simons. I you are going to send the pick to the Gleague anyway, might as well be somebody with huge upside. He might even grow another inch or two, he is still very young
    I like him too; can already shoot ( a plus compared to the Spurs recent picks) super young ( won't turn 19 until a couple weeks before the draft) athletic, 6'3 1/4 with a 6'9 1/4 wingspan probably could be molded into a plus defender to go along with his offensive skills (looks like he can shoot well off the dribble including pull up 3's)
    Last edited by cd021; 05-27-2018 at 12:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players that i'd be interested in at the 18th pick;

Keita Bates Diop
    Anferne Simmons
    Khyri Thomas

Players that i'd be interested in at the 49th pick;

Hamidou Diallo
    Sviatoslav Mykhailuk
    Chimezie Metu
    Keita Bates Diop is a Spurs type of pick if he is still available. He has been moving up boards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Liking what I see out of him a lot

6'3 1/4 in shoes, 41.5 max vert, 6'9 1/4 arm span not even 19 yet.
    Last edited by cd021; 05-27-2018 at 12:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keita Bates Diop is a Spurs type of pick if he is still available. He has been moving up boards.
    6'8 1/2 with a 7'3 1/2 wing span and a 35 inch max vert, all impressive, on top of being a capable shooter and seems like he has decent handles too.

Thread Information