Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever since Pop got full control of the organization, he lost touch of the inportance of keeping the star happy. He was actually phenomenal at making sure duncan gets lots of credits during the 3 in 5 years but after 2014 Pop changed.

It now became about the "culture" or really his culture. Always trying to diminish him as a player.

Misdisgnosed injury too.

In truth the spurs are atniquated. They cant keep up with the new trends. They're stuck in the 2013-2014 years thinking they're better than everyone else.

Unless a cultural change happens, i believe this team is headed for anrelocation in the next 5-8 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning changes everything. If Kawhi comes back healthy, signs a new deal, they add a piece or two and get to the Finals the Spurs will again be touted as the premiere destination for winning and competing for a le.

Last year sucked, and yeah there’s damage control to be done for sure, but I wouldn’t write off this team yet. Pop surprised me with how he handled LMA and saved that relationship, so there’s hope I think. This summer will speak volumes to the future of the organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have had 2 superstars, one of them was a goat. Pop kept him around for 19 years. And it was about year 4 when he was close to leaving. Since then, TD never looked like leaving. We have had 3 stars during this span. TP, Manu, and now LMA. He kept TP and Manu the whole time happy. If you look around the league, Pop and Co have done an excellent job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is so dedicated to TP amd Manu, he ostracized Kawhi for not pñaying and giving them the best chance to win before they retire...but not realizing u are antagonizing a future HOFer, and someone who will potentially end up havikg a better career than TP and Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    YES. How much more pandering does a grown man need? Pop built him up and lifted him up. His teammates bought in and encouraged him. The city embraced him. You can't completely gut a team, but it was reconfigured to be built around Kawhi while maintaining continuity with our legacy players. Once the situation got more complicated, yes I think the Spurs could have done better. It's easy for the uneducated to point fingers at doctors but the Spurs have excellent medical staff and I don't blame them for anything. Every relationship has ups and downs. If Spurs and Kawhi can make amends they will be a powerhouse. My concern is that Kawhi has a chronic degenerative condition which will always linger and cost him double digit games played every year, no matter what the precaution or extent of rehab etc. Yes Pop is a curmudgeon and old school but that does not mean that he isn't a player advocate and a progressive thinker, which I believe he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and team management doesn't pander much. They will bend at times (ie LMA playing style) but what makes the Spurs a great team is if you want to be a Spur you have to get with the program. Everyone gets treated like an adult and a professional. KL seems like a bit of a strange bird but I don't remember seeing one damn thing from him saying he wants out. Lets just hope over the summer whatever is bugging him heals up and he is ready to play next season. As a healthy (and happy) player, he is one of the top 5 in the league and worth the bigtime contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless a cultural change happens, i believe this team is headed for anrelocation in the next 5-8 years.
    I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky. I think about every night and day.
    Last edited by offset formation; 05-26-2018 at 10:06 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm genuinely curious as to what you think they failed to "take care of" Leonard tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grown men require oodles of pandering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    … I believe the children are our future.
    Teach them well and let them lead the way
    Show them all the beauty they possess inside
    Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe in miracles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe in a thing called love
    Just listen to the rhythm of my hart
    There's a chance we could make it now
    We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also why does everyone think the team will get relocated if we suck? Sonics got moved because of lazy voters and their piece of owner. Before that it was the grizzlies in the 90s. Teams don't just up and relocate every few years. And if sucking meant relocation the Wolves and kings would have been moved years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is so dedicated to TP amd Manu, he ostracized Kawhi for not pñaying and giving them the best chance to win before they retire..
    Oh wow, I missed this one... Kawhi' sis or greedy Dennis ?
    I know you're just doing your PR job here and following your agenda but for the sake of it :

Kawhi wouldn't be half what he is if he didn't luck into being drafted by the perfect organization for him. They let him time to grow without pressure, accepted his "particularity" and he learned from the best winning a ship and FMVP in the process.

Put him in any other normal team, with a bunch of "I just give a about myself" alpha teammates and then he would have learned what ostracization means, considering his personality. And he may learn it soon. Good luck pulling the kind of he pulled this year in any other club without being nuked by everybody, and rightfully so.

but not realizing u are antagonizing a future HOFer, and someone who will potentially end up havikg a better career than TP and Manu
    You're taking about 2 sure fire first ballot Hofers with 4 les, 15-16 consecutive year of PO appearances, PO played game records andwho are widely respected all over the planet...

Let see what Kawhi who severely damaged his reputation and won a ship thanks to them will do next. He already lost one year, his physical and psychological situtation is more than su ious and the whole NBA knows now he can't wipe his own ass.

People will still talk about Emmanuel Ginobili and Anthony Parker, Jr in 20 years with respect and nostalgia, still praising and celebrating them... They may talk about Kawhi as "that guy with huge hands and wasn't talking much" and people may give him a polite head shake.

Respect is earned and Tony and Manu earned it for SA. That's what makes Pop, the Spurs and any person great. You show respect and gratefulness to accountable people who supported and respected you too.

The ridiculous way you're dirtying them, Pop and the spurs for personal reasons is only coming back like a tsunami of right at your face and make anybody wonders how little self-esteem and basic values one can have...
    Last edited by JPB; 05-26-2018 at 12:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh wow, I missed this one... Kawhi' sis or greedy Dennis ?
    I know you're just doing your PR job here and following your agenda but for the sake of it :

Kawhi wouldn't be half what he is if he didn't luck into being drafted by the perfect organization for him. They let him time to grow without pressure, accepted his "particularity" and he learned from the best winning a ship and FMVP in the process.

Put him in any other normal team, with a bunch of "I just give a about myself" alpha teammates and then he would have learned what ostracization means, considering his personality. And he may learn it soon. Good luck pulling the kind of he pulled this year in any other club without being nuked by everybody, and rightfully so.

You're taking about 2 sure fire first ballot Hofers with 4 les, 15-16 consecutive year of PO appearances, PO played game records andwho are widely respected all over the planet...

Let see what Kawhi who severely damaged his reputation and won a ship thanks to them will do next. He already lost one year, his physical and psychological situtation is more than su ious and the whole NBA knows now he can't wipe his own ass.

People will still talk about Emmanuel Ginobili and Anthony Parker, Jr in 20 years with respect and nostalgia, still praising and celebrating them... They may talk about Kawhi as "that guy with huge hands and wasn't talking much" and people may give him a polite head shake.

Respect is earned and Tony and Manu earned it for SA. That's what makes Pop, the Spurs and any person great. You show respect and gratefulness to accountable people who supported and respected you too.

The ridiculous way you're dirtying them, Pop and the spurs for personal reasons is only coming back like a tsunami of right at your face and make anybody wonders how little self-esteem and basic values one can have...
    U realize that before duncan parker and ginobili, we had other all stars? What if they ostracized duncan because of robinson? And imagine if they did this AFTER duncan won a finals mvp...kawhi won a finals mvp, and 2 dpoy...what tje else does he have to do to earn your respect and get the benefit of tje doubt that he isnt pulling some stunt made up in ur head?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    People will still talk about Emmanuel Ginobili and Anthony Parker, Jr in 20 years with respect and nostalgia, still praising and celebrating them...
    People will still talk about Manu 20 years from now. Porker, on the other hand... it'll be "Tony who? Oh, isn't he the guy who got benched for Speedy Claxton with the championship on the line?"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tranisoc Player Fan Thread #1,931

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why Lebron is constantly looking for a new team....

Sure thing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan never really gave a about getting tons of individual credit for being a great player. He cared about being a great teammate and winning championships. And I am so sick and tired of hearing the Spurs somehow misdiagnosed his injury. Even if that was true he sat out basically one entire season. The man never had surgery. The man obviously doesn’t need surgery. So enough with the misdiagnosis bull . It’s meaningless.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAlpha, Kawhi, and now TP have all wanted to take their talents elsewhere. That's on Poop and Poop only. Good luck spinning that s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People will still talk about Manu 20 years from now. Porker, on the other hand... it'll be "Tony who? Oh, isn't he the guy who got benched for Speedy Claxton with the championship on the line?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U realize that before duncan parker and ginobili, we had other all stars? What if they ostracized duncan because of robinson? And imagine if they did this AFTER duncan won a finals mvp...kawhi won a finals mvp, and 2 dpoy...what tje else does he have to do to earn your respect and get the benefit of tje doubt that he isnt pulling some stunt made up in ur head?
    Uhhh, act like a normal human. And show some support to his teammates. Earn your ing supermax. If you are worth $219MM, there's some responsibilities associated with that, and being a gotdamn cheerleader and vocal, responsive teammate ought to be #1 & #2 on that list.

I dont understand the pass that so many give him on that. At all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAlpha, Kawhi, and now TP have all wanted to take their talents elsewhere. That's on Poop and Poop only. Good luck spinning that s.
    https://youtu.be/xnEgm-PtBjw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also why does everyone think the team will get relocated if we suck? Sonics got moved because of lazy voters and their piece of owner. Before that it was the grizzlies in the 90s. Teams don't just up and relocate every few years. And if sucking meant relocation the Wolves and kings would have been moved years ago
    Mostly because the morons who run SA decided to build it in the poorest part of town, far away from most of the people who go to games. If SA had a bustling downtown and had a team play there, I don't think anyone would be concerned.

They should play on the north side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the op is quite possibly the biggest ing loser on this site. And this site has dog loser ing monogloids like spurt ducks and re ation

he’s gonna be one of those ing loser pussies that goes on a shooting spree because the world is too hard for him. He needs to just kill himself, im sure his mother would like to be able to see her sister again

Damn....

Thread Information