Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    not saying people care the point is the common man shows do Lebron talk daily. Durant only gets chatter when, he gets busted on social media, plays vs Russ or when he left. EsPn and fs1 are lebron 24/7 ...meaning spotlight is not on Durant because he walks in LeBron's shadow ...
    so he will get praise, still ...but less cuz LeBron is transcedant on and off the court ...durant only matters on.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Joining a 73-win team makes it impossible to truly judge his talent because he has it too easy.
    Bingo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so he will get praise, still ...but less cuz LeBron is transcedant on and off the court ...durant only matters on.
    I have the Warriors 4 peating with their current team. Even with Durant getting 4 and Lebron having 3 people will still look at Lebron being the best player of his generation. Has to suck for Durant because I do believe he wants to be considered the best. He's not like Duncan in the sense he only cares about winning.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Harlem, Despite his somewhat cowardly but smart choice ...
    If Lebron didnt exist ... wouldnt we be talking has Durant surpassed Bird? especially if he gets 3 rings in his career?
    But we never will ...
    why?
    LeBron ing James.
    that matters more than the Hamptons.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Replace LeGOAT with Durbeta on this year's Cavs and they probably miss the playoffs.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What has Durbeta ever won without stacked teams full of all-stars and MVPs? I'd love to see him try to carry this year's trash Cavs roster. Would be hilarious seeing him get exposed as the overrated frontrunner he's always been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way to know since he plays at a time when defense is not allowed. Wonder how he would fare against the bad boy Pistons. I think Bruce Bowen would have even gotten into his head back in the day. Now he just shoots wide open uncontested jump shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shrinks to a dry pos when his up against kawhi, then pads his stats when kawhi is on the bench...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what he does from here on out, dude is the biggest puss in recent sports memory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, there never was, once he started defending.. He's good, period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His decision to leave OKC is the right one, no way he would have won anything with a 40% usage westchimp... Now maybe signing for GSW was the right choice, dude is a beta and he knows it, GS gives him what he needs: stacked team, elite guards, draymond doing the dirty job and low pressure. smart if you ask me

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skills-wise he's one of the best player's I've seen.

He has the ball skills of a 1
    Shoots like a 2
    Can cover the 3 with his size
    Naturally a 4
    Can protect like a 5

However, he will be remembered as someone who defected to a stacked team because he was a pussy and was a big part of bas izing this beautiful game

So he will not be remembered for the player he is on the court

Jordan will always be remembered as a winner and the best player of the last 40 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey OP,
    Cupcake shot .430 and .282 treys in the 2016 playoffs.
    What exactly did he add to his scoring game after that?

Oh that's right, n-o-t-h-i-n-g.
    He simply joined got State for wide open stat padding including ref sex.

2nd greatest scorer.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Shoots like a 2
    Naturally a 4
    Can protect like a 5

However, he will be remembered as someone who defected to a stacked team because he was a pussy and was a big part of bas izing this beautiful game

Jordan will always be remembered as a winner and the best player of the last 40 years
    Agreed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't care what he does from here on out, dude is the biggest puss in recent sports memory.
    If given the choice, who would you rather play with: Westcrook or Chef? Honest question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignore dumb like rings, his personality and snake move to join the Warriors and ruin the NBA..as an individual player, other than Jordan and LeBron, how can anybody argue for another wing in NBA history ahead of him?
    If you tried, you could make an argument for Bird. Further, if Magic was in this era, would he be considered as a PG (with enough size to start as C in a Finals game), or a do it all SF (and thus, compe ion for Durant)? You could make an argument for Magic as well.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about a guy who played center in college, has guard skills, and is the best scorer in the league.

Greg Oden #1
    He didn't play center in college.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What has Durbeta ever won without stacked teams full of all-stars and MVPs? I'd love to see him try to carry this year's trash Cavs roster. Would be hilarious seeing him get exposed as the overrated frontrunner he's always been.
    Come on man, Durant would easily rally the Cavs to the playoffs. We’re talking about the same conference that has perennial chokers like Defraud Derozan and Kylie Lowry clinching the top seed

It’s just unfortunate a guy that skilled had to conspire with the best team with one of the most cowardly acts in NbA history.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Durant was at UT, I told everyone he had the tools and the trajectory to be the number 1 most unstoppable player of all time. I felt comfortable being a Spurs fan until he started owning us left and right with OKC. Now he's showing people his true powers....but is also the official biggest juiciest head alopecia-infested mark ass chump made in all of NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shoots like a 2
    Naturally a 4
    Can protect like a 5

the bold ones are just... no.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Come on man, Durant would easily rally the Cavs to the playoffs. We’re talking about the same conference that has perennial chokers like Defraud Derozan and Kylie Lowry clinching the top seed
    Durbeta was a perennial choker until he joined a 73-win team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely. Funny how this conversation would never happen if he hadn't have joined the Warriors.
    That's what I'm saying. KD is thriving now knowing he has ZERO pressure on him to lead. He's on a team with a bunch of other all-stars. If he s up any of those guys can pick up his slack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignore dumb like rings, his personality and snake move to join the Warriors and ruin the NBA..as an individual player, other than Jordan and LeBron, how can anybody argue for another wing in NBA history ahead of him?
    There isn't one. As a pure perimeter scorer, he's 2nd best all time imo. There's almost nothing he can't do. He's so good that he makes Curry and Klay look significantly worse than they actually are by comparison.

I was talking to a Rockets fan last night who was trying to argue for Harden over Durant as a scorer

The most impressive thing about Durant, imo, is his efficiency. Dude can hit from anywhere, and he does so at a relatively high percentage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joining a 73-win team makes it impossible to truly judge his talent because he has it too easy.
    How about when he wasn't on that team and eviscerated both of our teams in the playoffs while dealing with a chucking (albeit talented) diva as a teammate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shoots like a 2
    Naturally a 4
    Can protect like a 5

Jordan often single handedly won games. Sure he had a good cast around him but they weren't so good that the other team couldn't double team him with help.
    But nothing like Durant. At this point, we'll never know if Durant could put a team on his back.

So many weapons around him that you just can't really double team for a full game.

Thread Information