Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way to know since he plays at a time when defense is not allowed. Wonder how he would fare against the bad boy Pistons. I think Bruce Bowen would have even gotten into his head back in the day. Now he just shoots wide open uncontested jump shots.
    No, he doesn't. Go look at his highlights from last night. He scored in almost every way imaginable no matter who was on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man, Durant would easily rally the Cavs to the playoffs. We’re talking about the same conference that has perennial chokers like Defraud Derozan and Kylie Lowry clinching the top seed

It’s just unfortunate a guy that skilled had to conspire with the best team with one of the most cowardly acts in NbA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't think of one single player who's winning was detriment to his legacy. And Durant is no exception.

Would Lebron have been a top 3 all time without those "Decision Rings"? No.
    Would Magic have been the best PG of all time by playing for the Denver Nuggets and won zero rings? No.
    Would Jordan have been the greatest of all time playing under Phil Collins? No.
    Would Duncan have been the greatest PF of all time if he only won 1 or 2 rings? No.

What Durant did was akin to Malone joining the Bulls after the 97 defeat. He would have won a ring in 98, and he would be a top 10 all time player instead of a top 20 player.

10 years, 15 years from now, people will ignore all cir stances because 3 rings or 4 rings or whatever is a much shorter and easier to digest argument than anything that looks into details. Sports fans are neanderthals from a brain development perspective in general.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    harlem with a subtle dig at kobe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't think of one single player who's winning was detriment to his legacy. And Durant is no exception.

Would Lebron have been a top 3 all time without those "Decision Rings"? No.
    Would Magic have been the best PG of all time by playing for the Denver Nuggets and won zero rings? No.
    Would Jordan have been the greatest of all time playing under Phil Collins? No.
    Would Duncan have been the greatest PF of all time if he only won 1 or 2 rings? No.

What Durant did was akin to Malone joining the Bulls after the 97 defeat. He would have won a ring in 98, and he would be a top 10 all time player instead of a top 20 player.

10 years, 15 years from now, people will ignore all cir stances because 3 rings or 4 rings or whatever is a much shorter and easier to digest argument than anything that looks into details. Sports fans are neanderthals from a brain development perspective in general.
    one of those rare occasions where winning a le is a detriment indeed lol.

though, i wonder how the narrative will spin if durant wins b2b FMVP.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I can't think of one single player who's winning was detriment to his legacy.
    Joining the 73-win team that had just beaten him is a detriment to Durbeta's legacy. The rings themselves just won't add to his legacy because everyone knows they're cheap.

10 years, 15 years from now, people will ignore all cir stances because 3 rings or 4 rings or whatever is a much shorter and easier to digest argument than anything that looks into details.
    That's not true. Just bring up Bill Russell's ring count in the GOAT debate and you're guaranteed to get a lecture on how that doesn't count because of the era he played in.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Joining the 73-win team that had just beaten him is a detriment to Durbeta's legacy. The rings themselves just won't add to his legacy because everyone knows they're cheap.
    it’s like one of those dudes bragging he got laid at a brothel house over the weekend. it just doesn’t count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are putting out the narrative that Durant has leapfrogged Lebron as the best player in the league. We all know it's not true, but would this have happened if Durant stayed with the Thunder winning nothing? Not a chance.

So yes, the rings, despite all the betaness that came with it, boosted his legacy.

That's not true. Just bring up Bill Russell's ring count in the GOAT debate and you're guaranteed to get a lecture on how that doesn't count because of the era he played in.
    Yet Russell's name still came up as one of the greatest ever, and there are still those who claim him to be the GOAT, despite his 15ppg average in an age when scoring was inflated as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durbeta has never accomplished anything without stacked rosters and another MVP holding his hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are putting out the narrative that Durant has leapfrogged Lebron as the best player in the league. We all know it's not true, but would this have happened if Durant stayed with the Thunder winning nothing? Not a chance.
    So, breaking it down.
    Would the demographics show that the "Durant is #1 or #2" crowd be clouded / biased by being:
    1. sexual
    2. Hipster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about when he wasn't on that team and eviscerated both of our teams in the playoffs while dealing with a chucking (albeit talented) diva as a teammate?
    He hardly eviscerated us. The Thunder needed massive help from the refs every time they beat us. And he had great teams behind him each time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't play center in college.
    He might not have strictly played center, but Barnes definitely experimented with it frequently. At his size, it wasn't far fetched at all.

Point is, he's one of few players in history who can legitimately play all 5 positions.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's ironic that the same people pointing the finger at Durant for joining the Dubs are always LeBron stans 99% of the time, a guy who made a career out of hopping from team to team and never won squat without at least 2 other all stars around him

They're quick to mention the 73 wins but not that they choked a 3-1 lead in the Finals. Durant made the Warriors the juggernaut and dynasty we see today. Without him you basically have your whole operation relying on the health status of Steph's fragile ankles.

Bottom line, the Durant hate is nothing but sour grapes from LeBron stans, salty because Durant is the one standing between LeBron and the Ghost. Do not worry though, LeBron will do what he's been known to do, hop onto another stacked team but it will be futile as long as this Warriors core stays together and signing friendly contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Search...."Kevin Durant stats"

Google: did you mean, "Kevin Durant is a got"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ironic that the same people pointing the finger at Durant for joining the Dubs are always LeBron stans 99% of the time, a guy who made a career out of hopping from team to team and never won squat without at least 2 other all stars around him

They're quick to mention the 73 wins but not that they choked a 3-1 lead in the Finals. Durant made the Warriors the juggernaut and dynasty we see today. Without him you basically have your whole operation relying on the health status of Steph's fragile ankles.

Bottom line, the Durant hate is nothing but sour grapes from LeBron stans, salty because Durant is the one standing between LeBron and the Ghost. Do not worry though, LeBron will do what he's been known to do, hop onto another stacked team but it will be futile as long as this Warriors core stays together and signing friendly contracts.
    That's ing stupid.

WTF had Irving accomplished in Cleveland? Love in Minny? What would they have accomplished together if LeGOAT wasn't there to hold their hand?

WTF did Bosh do in Toronto? What were the Heat doing before LeGOAT arrived? What did they do after he left and Wade+Bosh stayed?

Now compare that to the GS core which already had 1 le, a 73 win season, and 2 Finals trips. It's not the fact that Durbeta left OKC that was a pussy move its the fact that he left to a team that would've probably still been le favorites for the foreseeable future even without him. Given his all-world talent he shouldve took on the challenge and taken them down (with OKC or someone else) if he wasn't such a , tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOF player... period. Not a likeable career move for compe iveness but he was smart for himself to make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was one game away with Russ. Had them on the ropes until your boy Klay went nuclear. I think they get over the hump eventually.

But even if you disagree staying in OKC or joining a stacked GS team weren't his only options. Joining a team that was one piece away and taking GS down would've been much more respectable than the weak he decided to pull.
    I don't think Russ will ever be of the mindset, while able, to play team basketball and that's what it will take to win a ring.

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So yes, the rings, despite all the betaness that came with it, boosted his legacy.

Yet Russell's name still came up as one of the greatest ever, and there are still those who claim him to be the GOAT, despite his 15ppg average in an age when scoring was inflated as .

The only people I heard say that are Skip Bayless who does it in an attempt to troll LeBron and Stephen A. Smith who said that only after he got ed out by KD's mom on live TV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League = ed

This we know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only people I heard say that are Skip Bayless who does it in an attempt to troll LeBron and Stephen A. Smith who said that only after he got ed out by KD's mom on live TV.
    ESPN did it immediately after last years finals. They have been doing that here and there as well.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hardly eviscerated us. The Thunder needed massive help from the refs every time they beat us. And he had great teams behind him each time.
    I agree with this. That OKC SAS series was absurd and hyped the wrong way. The officiating was one-sided on almost all games. Westbrook couldn't stop getting calls and Ibaka did whatever he wanted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant on thunder could not play d because he had to do to much on o

This is what makes Leonard so good what he does on d and o

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN did it immediately after last years finals. They have been doing that here and there as well.
    Should be noted ESPN named Brucett Kardashian as Sportsman of the Year.
    You're in good company, Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If given the choice, who would you rather play with: Westcrook or Chef? Honest question.
    If I was a 7ft monster who could handle the ball and score whenever he wanted I'd want to squash that little like the bug that he his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durbeta has never accomplished anything without stacked rosters and another MVP holding his hand.
    Exactly. He's never shown that he has what it takes to lead a team. When called on to be a leader, he choked.
    Put him in a situation where he doesn't have to worry about leadership, and watch him pour in the points.

I think Dylan said it best:
    You've got a lotta nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend

You just want to be on the side that's winnin'

Thread Information