My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Rumor: Tyronn Lue enamored with trade for DeAndre Jordan

by Quenton S. Albertie

Los Angeles Clippers center DeAndre Jordan was the preferred trade deadline target for Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue.

According to a report from The Athletic’s Jason Lloyd, not only did Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James desire a trade for Los Angeles Clippers high-flying center but so too did Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue.

Per Lloyd (quote transcribed by Jack Maloney of CBS Sports

Now, however, they can no longer say they’re “All-In.” They cannot say they did whatever they could to keep LeBron here this time. Doing whatever they could to keep him would’ve meant dealing for DeAndre Jordan at the trade deadline, the rim-protecting center Lue coveted and James equally wanted badly.

As Lloyd would mention in his piece, rather than trading for a dominant big man, the Cavaliers opted to trade for a group of young players that are supposed to form something of a core — centered around whatever player is acquired with the 8th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft — for the Cavs in the event James leaves.

For those that wonder why it was an either-or situation for the Cavs, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski detailed the events leading up to the Cavaliers trade deadline deals. Because trading for Jordan would have required a first-round pick, the trade that sent Isaiah Thomas and a first-round pick to the Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. made trading for Jordan — more or less — impossible.

It’s not too hard to see how Jordan could have been a difference-maker on both ends for the Cavaliers.

His dominance inside and the Cavaliers band of snipers would be able to play off of each other’s gravity, creating space for one another. He and James would have been an interesting duo, as Jordan would certainly clog up driving lanes but also be an deadly option for lobs for James on his drives.

Defensively, he’d have locked down the paint and allowed the Cavaliers perimeter defenders to have a larger margin of error because of his shot-blocking presence. He’d also have been a great help against the dominant centers the Cavaliers have faced like the Toronto Raptors’ Jonas Valanciunas and the Boston Celtics’ Al Horford — or could have faced, like Miami Heat centers Hassan Whiteside and Bam Adebayo or Philadelphia 76ers All-Star center Joel Embiid. He’s not prime Tony Allen on the perimeter but he’s certainly mobile (and large) enough to be trusted defending a quick player.

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2018/05/...eandre-jordan/

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Basically the Cavs chose Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson over Deandre Jordan..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeGM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... He’d also have been a great help against the dominant centers the Cavaliers have faced like the Toronto Raptors’ Jonas Valanciunas and the Boston Celtics’ Al Horford — or could have faced, like Miami Heat centers Hassan Whiteside and Bam Adebayo or Philadelphia 76ers All-Star center Joel Embiid. ...
    today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in preparation of LeBron's Zipper Nation's inevitable appearance:

The "LeGM" narrative is a very convenient excuse
    LeGOAT > Riley as a GM. Real talk.
    LeBron > Morey at GM-ing
    Boiled down:::LeGM built a championship team that would have repeated if not for the Kyrie/Love injuries. When Kobe tried to play GM, he ran off Shaq and Phil and missed the playoffs in his prime. The conclusion: the Lakers wouldn't be light so many rings if LeBron was their GM.
    CN when LeGM narrative fits:

CN when LeGM gets criticism:

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This is what Deandre Jordan did to the Celtics this year..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoRqc0K_8ks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in preparation of LeBron's Zipper Nation's inevitable appearance:

CN when LeGM narrative fits:

CN when LeGM gets criticism:

You didn't get any love for all that work Philo but

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't get any love for all that work Philo but
    wasn't that much work... i had posted that in a different thread a long time ago, just found it copy/pasted the content

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I guess that deal would've increased their chances of winning the le from 5% to 6%. Interesting.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Last I heard, all the Cavs were willing to offer was their own pick (not Brooklyn's) and a bunch of awful contracts. Cleveland can only blame themselves for not trying to make a serious offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMonkey is a bad idea for anyone serious about competing. He's a foul magnet.

Thread Information