Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Suns GM Open to Deandre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Trade, More with No. 1 Draft Pick"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...o-1-draft-pick

itshappening.gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. Although Rodman was most likely addition by subtraction after his 1995 WCF meltdown, but who knows if they didn't send him to Chicago would Jordan have won all three rings in 96-98.

As far as Leonard, I'm open to cutting ties if only to get rid of his group, but if there's anyway to get Boston to talk, Jalen Brown looks like a pure Spurs-type player between the ears. Very smart and his ceiling could be really high from what I've seen vs the Cavs. I'd even take a 'lesser' offer from them to get Brown over a Fultz/10th pick scenario.

Maybe Brown, Rozier, the 27th for Leonard, Patty Mills, and the 18th.
    If you're only getting Brown, and not Tatum, you have to have Boston's Sacto pick in next year's draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the McDonough quote about Phoenix only trading #1 for a young proven star is pretty interesting. DPG mentions them alot as a possible trading partner but, hardly anybody else has. There's no doubt that they can put together as strong a package as anyone. Hopefully, they'll get interested..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHX makes a ton of sense. Just depends on if Kawhi will commit to them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only problem is with this draft, I don't see a sure fire star . I.E I think a player like Sexton or Mikal Bridges has a chance to be a better player than Doncic overall. even Troy Brown JR.

As crazy as this sounds, I'd rather trade to LAC for Harris, 12, 13 and a future 1st for Kawhi than to PHX for the 1 and fillers.

For whatever reason, we value #1s the same every year, but they shouldn't be valued the same. The #1 this year isn't all that pretty in my opinion.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 05-18-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Kawhi be interested in joining them long term due to their training staff if his injury is actually degenerative? Is the Phoenix training staff still highly rated as one of the top ones in the NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only problem is with this draft, I don't see a sure fire star . I.E I think a player like Sexton or Mikal Bridges has a chance to be a better player than Doncic overall. even Troy Brown JR.

As crazy as this sounds, I'd rather trade to LAC for Harris, 12, 13 and a future 1st for Kawhi than to PHX for the 1 and fillers.

For whatever reason, we value #1s the same every year, but they shouldn't be valued the same. The #1 this year isn't all that pretty in my opinion.
    It’s just the most valuable asset. I think if you can get Jackson + #1 that is the best chance of landing a star. I’m hoping SA does that then pulls an Ainge and gets like the 3rd pick plus another first for trading back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Kawhi be interested in joining them long term due to their training staff if his injury is actually degenerative? Is the Phoenix training staff still highly rated as one of the top ones in the NBA?
    I have no idea what Kawhi thinks. I think PHX is a big market and they have Booker and it may be appealing because it’s not SA. We shall see. But I’ve been on the Kawhi to PHX train and was rooting for them to land the top pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of great options you guys are presenting. Didn't even consider the Phoenix and clippers trades but that adds two more candidates to up the ante on what San Antonio can get back on Leonard. I'm getting more confident the pot is going to be sweetened and that the Spurs will win out even if they're holding a weak hand.

I know it's ancient history but from football remember the Cowboys trading Hershel Walker in his prime and using those assets to forge three future le runs. Leonard could be our Walker and this trade pays off in the early '20s when the GS core ages past its current apex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. Although Rodman was most likely addition by subtraction after his 1995 WCF meltdown, but who knows if they didn't send him to Chicago would Jordan have won all three rings in 96-98.

As far as Leonard, I'm open to cutting ties if only to get rid of his group, but if there's anyway to get Boston to talk, Jalen Brown looks like a pure Spurs-type player between the ears. Very smart and his ceiling could be really high from what I've seen vs the Cavs. I'd even take a 'lesser' offer from them to get Brown over a Fultz/10th pick scenario.

Maybe Brown, Rozier, the 27th for Leonard, Patty Mills, and the 18th.

That is a horrible trade, tbh.
    PAFTO giving up a pick to move a player that was top 3 in MVP voting is outrageous, they'd be better offer trying to make things work then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s just the most valuable asset. I think if you can get Jackson + #1 that is the best chance of landing a star. I’m hoping SA does that then pulls an Ainge and gets like the 3rd pick plus another first for trading back.
    1st and 16th might be more realistic, if they are still high on Jackson, PHX might be tired of the constant draft and develop approach and be willing to part with both to bring in Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're only getting Brown, and not Tatum, you have to have Boston's Sacto pick in next year's draft.
    That trade has a number of issues, moving Mills to Boston would be a no go with Hayward, Horford, Kyrie and then Kawhi on the team with him making 11 million, plus,
    per year.

Moving the 18th, along with Kawhi, is baffling to me and only getting Boston's 2018 pick back is another issue. Then there is how Rozier would fit along with Parker, Murray and Mills, and also having to take on Morris.

There is always the chance that PATFO is higher on Tatum than Brown so Brown and the Kings pick wouldn't be enough of a core deal to get them to pull the trigger, adding the Grizzlies pick would probably do it ,though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two deals for a rebuild:

1. The Philly deal we’ve all coalesced around (Fultz, Saric, and 10).

2. Second deal: swap LMA, Murray, 18 for Gasol and 4.

Key peices to build around:
    - Fultz
    - 4th Pick
    - 10th pick
    - Saric
    - Philly stashes (e.g., Bolden or AP)
    - Mulitinov
    - White
    - next years 2019 pick (bc well suck in 2018)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two deals for a rebuild:

- Fultz
    - 4th Pick
    - 10th pick
    - Saric
    - Mulitinov
    - White
    What's the point of trading Kawhi and LMA to get Marc? I would rather go full cap relief and picks route over absorbing some old coach killing diva who doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the point of trading Kawhi and LMA to get Marc? I would rather go full cap relief and picks route over absorbing some old coach killing diva who doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team anyway
    giving up LMA for Marc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two deals for a rebuild:

- Fultz
    - 4th Pick
    - 10th pick
    - Saric
    - Mulitinov
    - White
    I'd be all over that if it was on the table. The only difference I have is that I don't think we'd suck next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could get Jackson then use that first pickon Ayton... that wouldbe great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The better Boston does in the playoffs, the less likely they are to deal and if they were to deal, Ainge would drive an even tougher bargain than he normally would. I don't think Boston will happen nonetheless.

Philly is a bit intriguing. Brett Brown supposedly is a Patty Mills fan and it would be really nice to ship Patty out in some sort of blockbuster deal.

With Patty gone, TP could get his legacy contract........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just keep him. You never get equal value for a superstar player. What the did the Cavs just get back for Kyrie? A 5'5 PG with a bum hip that lasted 2 months with the team. It is not like the Spurs are going to get back another player as good. Or a number 1 draft pick..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just keep him. You never get equal value for a superstar player. What the did the Cavs just get back for Kyrie? A 5'5 PG with a bum hip that lasted 2 months with the team. It is not like the Spurs are going to get back another player as good. Or a number 1 draft pick..
    Tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The better Boston does in the playoffs, the less likely they are to deal and if they were to deal, Ainge would drive an even tougher bargain than he normally would. I don't think Boston will happen nonetheless.

Philly is a bit intriguing. Brett Brown supposedly is a Patty Mills fan and it would be really nice to ship Patty out in some sort of blockbuster deal.

With Patty gone, TP could get his legacy contract........
    Just trade patty for oneof those early second round picks
    Last edited by palangi; 05-19-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving LMA (and 18) for Marc is not about Marc but about 4th pick. Marc’s deal is also a year shorter, so there’s that.

Leonard’s is a separated deal around Fultz, Saric, and 10, which many of us have raised in here already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving LMA (and 18) for Marc is not about Marc but about 4th pick. Marc’s deal is also a year shorter, so there’s that.

Leonard’s is a separated deal around Fultz, Saric, and 10, which many of us have raised in here already.
    Not sure why Memphis does that if they are closer to a rebuild than championship contention? They've got many other bloated contracts with Conley and Chandler Parson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we want to tank and they want to push for the playoffs tbey send Chandler instead of Marc and we buy him out. If we want to be compe ive (and we might with the young draft picks) then we push for Marc to be included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, they also got the #8 overall pick. That ain’t chopped liver. If the keep him, be ready for more of the same next season. Better some return than nothing.

Thread Information