Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs offer SuperMax with how Kawhi acted? SA let him control his rehab for 8 months with no improvement. Also, Kawhi didn’t do anything as a good teammate while getting paid and let his team drive a wedge between them.

Did SA get frustrated and let it show sometimes? Sure, but on the scale of handling things poorly it’s on Kawhi. Especially if you want a team to pay you 219M. You better show them beyond a shadow of a doubt you are worth it.

Seeking out your own team, keeping them in the dark, being a questionable teammate and still not getting healthy even though you have your own doctors for 8 months? What about that screams “pay me 219M”?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't give up money to go to a worse team, he wanted to sign a supermax deal that the Spurs refused to offer for his injury/relationship issue/Spurs' financial future/whatever reason...

Also, you talk like there were many ways to handle it with Pop. Most people know it's Spurs' way or nothing.

Why do you think that Jabari Young replied to you with that "Spurs lose/alienate a top 5 player" tweet.

He didn't trust Spurs' doctors and the team couldn't handle it.

You always said that Kawhi could manage it better, the Spurs too.
    They should avoid things like Parker trying to save SAS' doctors rep throwing his teammates under the bus..Or that Pop's "ask his group" when Kawhi called him almost every day.

If we believe that ESPN article criticizing his uncle then we have to believe the part that the Spurs were always too reluctant to let Kawhi working with outside doctors.

When most coaches and teams in the league have no issues with it, it seemed like Pop felt it as a way to lose control.

Again, Spurs' way over everything.

I guess other non-Spurs players get this, too.

IDK..The same reporter that said that LeBron doesn't like Kawhi is saying that LeBron wants to convince Kawhi to play together...
    Lebron is a pimp doesn't mean he likes Kawhi even if he wants him to play with him. It just means he views Kawhi as somebody he can use to help him win more le much like he has used Bosh,Kyrie, etc.
    Last edited by daslicer; 05-20-2018 at 10:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, plenty of teams have issues with it. Spurs have had other players get 2nd opinions as well and had no issues with it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to sum it up; the other players won’t care about the details. They see a guy who sat out had 219M on the table if he just acted normal and will see a guy going to a worse team for 80M less than he could have had. They won’t care about the details and the Spurs already won the PR battle to boot.

That’s all I was getting at IF it gets to the point where SA holds onto Kawhi because Kawhi is playing hard ball and limiting their ability to yield a good return in a deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeking out your own team, keeping them in the dark, being a questionable teammate and still not getting healthy even though you have your own doctors for 8 months? What about that screams “pay me 219M”?
    About being a bad teammate and keeping them in the dark are things that you want to believe. Because Kawhi said the opposite.

He said he called Pop daily, he called and texted his teammates all season. Sure, he didn't text Parker/Manu but he called his younger teammates since Day 1 of rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About being a bad teammate and keeping them in the dark are things that you want to believe. Because Kawhi said the opposite.

He said he called Pop daily, he called and texted his teammates all season. Sure, he didn't text Parker/Manu but he called his younger teammates since Day 1 of rehab.
    You believe that? I don’t believe what Kawhi said because he said he was close and never returned. Also, think about it: Why would Pop be mad and act like he didn’t know what was going on if Kawhi was truly keeping them in the loop?

You think Pop wants Kawhi gone and wanted him to want out? You think Pop hates Kawhi for choosing his own doctors so much that he would risk losing him especially knowing the true details on him actually being hurt?

Why the players only meeting including the younger guys if they all knew what was going on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is a pimp doesn't mean he likes Kawhi even if he wants him to play with him. It just means he views Kawhi as somebody he can use to help him win more le much like he has used Bosh,Kyrie, etc.
    If Lebron thinks Kawhi can help him to win more les that means Lebron has to view him as an elite player...which was exactly what he didn't want to recognize in previous season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the players knew he was good; he just was not part of the “in” crowd. They didn’t feel he was better than guys like Paul George, etc..(they were wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lebron thinks Kawhi can help him to win more les that means Lebron has to view him as an elite player...which was exactly what he didn't want to recognize in previous season.
    Right and that doesn't mean he likes Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to sum it up; the other players won’t care about the details. They see a guy who sat out had 219M on the table if he just acted normal and will see a guy going to a worse team for 80M less than he could have had. They won’t care about the details and the Spurs already won the PR battle to boot.
    There is no way of acting normal when Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but he still felt his quad wasn't right.

He wouldn't play injured to "act normal".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way of acting normal when Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but he still felt his quad wasn't right.

He wouldn't play injured to "act normal".
    I’m saying, do your rehab, but be around the team, be a player coach, talk to the media and keep everyone up to date, etc..

You can’t choose your own doctors and be in control of your rehab for 8 months and say as little as he did especially as “rumors” fly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You believe that? I don’t believe what Kawhi said because he said he was close and never returned.
    He had a setback. Even RC said Kawhi's rehab was never linear...

About teammates, others Spurs' players confirmed that Kawhi called them all season. That ESPN article, too.

Also, think about it: Why would Pop be mad and act like he didn’t know what was going on if Kawhi was truly keeping them in the loop?

You think Pop wants Kawhi gone and wanted him to want out? You think Pop hates Kawhi for choosing his own doctors so much that he would risk losing him especially knowing the true details on him actually being hurt?

Why the players only meeting including the younger guys if they all knew what was going on?
    Because Pop wanted to force Kawhi's into Spurs' way again, wanted to gain total control again, wanted Kawhi to leave his NYC doctors....He though Kawhi's camp would panic but it didn't work.

Pop doesn't hate Kawhi for choosing his own doctors, I guess he hates the fact Kawhi doesn't trust Spurs' doctors anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seems far fetched to me considering there have been examples of SA players getting 2nd opinions and never having any issues with it like this.

Also, I can see them wanting Kawhi to leave his doctors when he’s had 8 months with doctors of his choosing and they are suffering setbacks under their watch. Obviously his doctors didn’t really know what they were doing, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m saying, do your rehab, but be around the team, be a player coach, talk to the media and keep everyone up to date, etc..
    Do you really think the Spurs would have given him $219 if he would do all those things but still couldn't play? Do you think they would have thrown that money at him after just 9 games in a season?

I guess Kawhi knew that answer better than us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m saying he would have gotten more money had he gone about things that way than he appears to be headed towards. If SA believes he is damaged goods and Kawhi doesn’t want to believe that (even though it’s getting harder to not believe SA looking at how Kawhi is still not cleared even after 8 months with his own hand picked multiple doctors and continuing to suffer setbacks) then there is the impass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That seems far fetched to me considering there have been examples of SA players getting 2nd opinions and never having any issues with it like this.

Also, I can see them wanting Kawhi to leave his doctors when he’s had 8 months with doctors of his choosing and they are suffering setbacks under their watch. Obviously his doctors didn’t really know what they were doing, no?
    Ramona said his NYC doctors found ossifications that Spurs' doctor never did. I doubt those NYC want to lose their good rep or even their careers lying about his injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ramona said his NYC doctors found ossifications that Spurs' doctor never did. I doubt those NYC want to lose their good rep or even their careers lying about his injury.
    Bottom line is he had 8 months on his own schedule. Maybe it was that that caused the ossifications? Maybe they weren’t there when SA had control but this new regimen caused this? Also I dont think the NY has a good rep for this type of injury at all. Not that it’s bad, but he’s not someone considered elite at dealing with this type of injury from what I’ve heard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m saying he would have gotten more money had he gone about things that way than he appears to be headed towards.
    He wouldn't have gotten the super-max. The rest doesn't matter.

I guess the only incentive that young players have in small markets is getting big money, otherwise there is no reason to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ That is ridiculous on many levels. The SuperMax is artificial. This “smal market” can pay him just as much as LA can if LA wanted to max him out. In fact, they can pay him MORE and still not have to pay the FULL SuperMax.

But there is plenty of reason to stay like winning/coaching/etc...SA is much better than LA. You can market yourself from anywhere in the world now as proven by other small market stars making money more than Kawhi has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he does, then that's a different story but I haven't heard anything besides some poster's sauces.

If Phoenix is interested in both LMA and Kawhi then moving both there, while being a ing show, would allow the Spurs to jump-start the rebuild

PHX Gets;

Kawhi Leonard
    LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs Get;
    Tyson Chandler (Expiring)
    T.J Warren (Decent player on a pretty good deal)
    Dragon Bender (Prospect)

1st Pick
    16th Pick
    31st Pick

Possible Roster for 2018-2019 (in this scenario);

Murray
    Parker
    Mills
    Doncic
    16th Pick
    31st Pick
    18th Pick (probably unlikely Spurs would have 4 rookies on the team in any scenario)
    Chandler
    Gasol
    Anderson
    Green?
    Gay?
    Warren
    Bertans
    Bender
    White
    I don't think you ever see Kawhi and LMA go to the same team together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line is he had 8 months on his own schedule. Maybe it was that that caused the ossifications? Maybe they weren’t there when SA had control but this new regimen caused this?
    I doubt it. How would you have ossifications for rehabbing? What causes ossifications happens to athletes playing.

Also I dont think the NY has a good rep for this type of injury at all. Not that it’s bad, but he’s not someone considered elite at dealing with this type of injury from what I’ve heard.
    I didn't say his doctors are the best, I'm just saying they wouldn't put at risk careers and rep for lying about a player injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said 'He's in NYC trying to get healthy.' This was immediately following 'you'll have to ask his group' which got spun all over the place. There is little doubt that several of the veteran players were in the dark, but I have no reason to believe he was ever doing anything other than 'trying to get healthy.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ That is ridiculous on many levels. The SuperMax is artificial. This “smal market” can pay him just as much as LA can if LA wanted to max him out. In fact, they can pay him MORE and still not have to pay the FULL SuperMax.
    He wanted full supermax.
    If a player would lose money one way or another...I guess he would want to choose where he would lose his money.

But there is plenty of reason to stay like winning/coaching/etc...
    I doubt it if Kawhi felt that Spurs' doctors mishandled his injury in some way.

SA is much better than LA.
    Don't need to tell me this. I hate Lakers and Clips.

You can market yourself from anywhere in the world now as proven by other small market stars making money more than Kawhi has.
    Not every player has a crazy personality like Russ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted full supermax not what the Spurs can offer over others teams.

If a player would lose money one way or another...I guess he would want to choose where he would lose his money.

I doubt it if Kawhi felt that Spurs' doctors mishandled his injury.

Not every player has a crazy personality like Russ.
    Durant didn't have a crazy personality either and was able to get endorsement deals while he was in OKC. Stop making excuse for Kawhi being a mute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant didn't have a crazy personality either and was able to get endorsement deals while he was in OKC. Stop making excuse for Kawhi being a mute.
    Durant was #2 pick, he always got media attention and he was open to them.

Saying Kawhi is a low-key guy it's not an excuse, it's a fact.

Thread Information