Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/17/17364284/lebron-james-free-agency-2018-mercenary

If I were the Sixers, I'd push hard for Kawhi Leonard, who's spent time rehabbing in New York under the care of Dr. Jonathan Glashow, the 76ers' chief medical officer. If the Sixers went all in with a monster trade package headlined by Markelle Fultz, Dario Saric, Robert Covington, the no. 10 pick, draft-and-stashes, and Jerryd Bayless's salary,

It's really just a matter of what the Spurs would want in a package. I've heard from multiple NBA executives that San Antonio won't settle for anything less than a grand-slam offer. If offers were underwhelming around the draft and the start of free agency, the Spurs might opt to let the saga drag into training camp, or even into the season. Leonard could always rekindle his relationship with the team, or return to the floor and increase his trade value.

The Spurs are skating on thin ice, and there might not be a better trading partner in the league than the Sixers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather rent Kawhi for one more year then agree to a ty trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol saga

When kobe raped it was a saga

This is just a guy that can barely wipe his ass

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers shouldn't have blown their pick on Fultz if they wanted Kawhi tbh.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we have to trade him Boston would be my preference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. The Spurs panicked when prior problem children wanted out (Rodman and Derek Anderson). As a result, they only got Will Perdue and a damaged Steve Smith back.

Hold on to your cards, RC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol saga

When kobe raped it was a saga

This is just a guy that can barely wipe his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Monster trade with Fultz/Saric"

That trade needs to include a Simmons or Embiid tbh

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly. We don't want the garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers shouldn't have blown their pick on Fultz if they wanted Kawhi tbh.
    Chill. It's not like they drafted Anthony Bennett.
    He was a great college player who got drafted number 1 but had a shoulder injury that derailed his rookie year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick and Parsecniks is the closest thing to a grandslam offer that Philly can offer. That is a pretty damn good haul for Kawhi and Mills, if the Spurs are really looking at moving Kawhi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. We don't want the garbage.
    Yet you all probably agreed that fultz was a lottery pick. Still sad nba drafting on hype, height and who can travel and score

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sixers 'grandslam' offer is kind of a joke, typical national media bias.

If Kevin O'Connor was writing back in 97 he'd be one on the national media idiots calling for the Spurs to trade #1 for #3 & #6 from Boston. They couldn't find a better trading partner, and Duncan can't play with Robinson!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly the fandom of the league is born out of media bias. Yet you adults still watch the nba.... sad for you losers

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz, Saric, Covington, 10th pick and Parsecniks is the closest thing to a grandslam offer that Philly can offer. That is a pretty damn good haul for Kawhi and Mills, if the Spurs are really looking at moving Kawhi.
    And yet that still feels like a solo shot. "Grand slam" to me includes both Simmons and Embiid, not that it would ever happen.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet you all probably agreed that fultz was a lottery pick. Still sad nba drafting on hype, height and who can travel and score
    I don't watch enough college ball, but the one Fultz game I watched, he struggled to score and didn't look exceptionally athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s time for PHX to cash in. They have been an absolute show for 8 years or something. They have their young star in Booker. Time to get into the playoffs and land a franchise changing superstar even if it cost them the #1 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed but we need to be careful, Simmons and Embiid are proven and have less risk, they also might have a lower ceiling. Fultz is more athletic and has a better shot than Simmons and we already have DJ who also has no 3 point shot. Embiid has injuries issues.

Fultz, Saric, and the 10th pick are not as bad as it looks if Fultz gets healthy, and I would assume the Spurs will do their research on that. Saric is an upgrade over Pau, and the 10th & 18th picks would give us some nice young players. One who might be an all-star. In recent years we have a ridiculous amount of talent late first round, early second; Donovan Mitc and Kuzma are two examples.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly has a ton more picks than just the 10th too. Also I don’t want Covington I think hes overrated as . People act like hes Danny Green prime and he’s really not that close. I mean, he’s not bad or anything but definitely an overhyped role player IMO.

But Fultz at least has a prayer of becoming and all-star but yes he carries risk. But he seems like a good dude, head on straight and has some upside.

Saric is young and decent and the 10th pick is not bad. But PHI has a lot of picks besides that too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PHI Stable of Picks:

2018 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
    L.A. Lakers' 2018 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2018 second round draft pick from Brooklyn
    Brooklyn's 2018 2nd round pick to Philadelphia (via Philadelphia's swap of Cleveland for Brooklyn (then Cleveland to Charlotte)) [Cleveland-Philadelphia, 9/26/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/11/2014; Brooklyn-Charlotte, 6/25/2015]

2018 second round draft pick from Houston
    Houston's 2018 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Houston-Philadelphia, 6/28/2017]

2018 second round draft pick from New York
    New York's 2018 2nd round pick to Philadelphia (via Philadelphia's swap of L.A. Clippers for New York (then L.A. Clippers to Denver)) [L.A. Clippers-Philadelphia, 2/20/2014; New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014; Dallas-Denver-New York, 2/8/2018]

2019 first round draft pick from Sacramento
    Boston will receive the more favorable of Philadelphia's 2019 1st round pick protected for selection 1 and Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick (via Philadelphia) protected for selection 1 and Philadelphia will receive the less favorable or the protected of these two picks [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015; Boston-Philadelphia, 6/19/2017]

2019 second round draft pick from Milwaukee or Sacramento (more favorable)
    Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of Milwaukee's 2019 2nd round pick and Sacramento's 2019 2nd round pick and Sacramento will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap Milwaukee for Sacramento (via Brooklyn)) [Milwaukee-Sacramento, 7/12/2013; Brooklyn-Milwaukee, 6/30/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 10/24/2014]

2020 second round draft pick from Brooklyn or New York (more favorable)
    Philadelphia will receive the more favorable of Brooklyn's 2020 2nd round pick and New York's 2020 2nd round pick and Orlando will receive the less favorable of these two picks (via Philadelphia) [Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/11/2014; New York-Philadelphia, 6/26/2015; Orlando-Philadelphia, 6/22/2017]

2020 second round draft pick from Dallas
    Dallas' 2020 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [Dallas-Philadelphia, 2/23/2017]

2021 second round draft pick from New York
    New York's 2021 2nd round pick to Philadelphia [New York-Philadelphia, 6/26/2015]

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After this year, their only extra picks are second rounders. Doesn't seem that great, even if they are likely to be 31-45

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chill. It's not like they drafted Anthony Bennett.
    He was a great college player who got drafted number 1 but had a shoulder injury that derailed his rookie year.
    This. When he was drafted, he was seen as the final piece completing the process. If Kawhi must be traded, Spurs could reel in far worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston has the best assets.
    Tatum and kyrie for kawhi and pau. Cmon pau has championship experience that team needs

Thread Information