Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deserves every penny tbh

one of the best backup pg's in the league.

Took a bargain contract 3/9M, helped ring in 14 and brings the culture.

Not on him that he's starting ....we dont have the horses
    he signed the 3/12 deal after the championship. played on that deal in 14-15, 15-16, and 16-17

his "taking less" didnt amount to a le

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, Mills is a undersized SG. He's not skilled enough a creator to be PG, without the SG beside him being the de facto PG and initiator of the offense (ie he fit well with Ginobili, when he was running things). That's not worth paying $50M/4 yrs. We overpaid badly on that contract. If we can do it without taking a bath, we should move him...
    Spurs overpaid for Mills, but he can be an adequate PG (in short stints). Moreover, his shooting is a big reason why he has value and why he would not be a problem trading on the market. The only reason why I would trade Patty at this point is if the Spurs decide to tank because lots of teams contending for a le would love to add a three point shooter and energy guy like Patty. He's too old to be on a lottery team and add value. But you don't think he would be getting tons of minutes on the Cavs right now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, Mills is a undersized SG. He's not skilled enough a creator to be PG, without the SG beside him being the de facto PG and initiator of the offense (ie he fit well with Ginobili, when he was running things). That's not worth paying $50M/4 yrs. We overpaid badly on that contract. If we can do it without taking a bath, we should move him...
    You dont know if spurs overpaid because he nevet played the position they signed him to play.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So in order to unload a guy who is owed $13M in '20-'21, you want the Spurs to pick up a guy who is owed $27M that same year?

A guy who is owed $76M over the next three?

A guy who is currently making more than both Kawhi and LaMarcus, averaged only 11.6 points, shot below the league average 3P%, and is coming off the worst season of his career?

I would love to have Kemba, too...but he ain't worth selling the farm for.
    Selling the farm? Pau/Fatty/Danny....

Batum is playing on team that has killed careers. Just look at Lance (the guy Batum replaced) who was almost out of the league. He has also been dealing with nagging injuries. Eric Gordon/Tyreke were in the same situation with the Pelicans.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes

patty not only is not good offensively, he is non existent on defense

his biggest strength is his biggest weakness: his availability to play a lot
    Lol

Thread Information