Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really dug AM and was looking forward to this new release. But it sucks. At least for anyone expecting to hear anything similar to the last album.
    No uptempo songs at all.

Maybe a couple of the songs will grow on me but I don't know that I'll even give it another listen.

1/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I felt pretty much the same after my first listen and I'm a long time fan tbh. But this needs multiple listens. Or at least it did for me. Only tracks I feel like skipping now are GT and TWFEMTFF. And while it absolutely could use a couple uptempo songs to change the pace, it's still a good album. The internets (read: teenagers who got into them because of AM) outcry over it is way over the top tbh

And even if you end up not liking it you gotta admire the balls to change their sound this much after such a commercial success. I'd rather they do this than turn into another ing Coldplay tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Got 20 seconds into star treatment and cut it off. What day is this?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Music for spazzes, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I felt pretty much the same after my first listen and I'm a long time fan tbh. But this needs multiple listens. Or at least it did for me. Only tracks I feel like skipping now are GT and TWFEMTFF. And while it absolutely could use a couple uptempo songs to change the pace, it's still a good album. The internets (read: teenagers who got into them because of AM) outcry over it is way over the top tbh

And even if you end up not liking it you gotta admire the balls to change their sound this much after such a commercial success. I'd rather they do this than turn into another ing Coldplay tbh
    Idk. I really didn't get into them until AM which was excellent. My favorite songs off of that were Are You Mine and Arabella. Some of the slower songs did grow on me but not to the point that I want a full album of that.

I might give this another listen if I'm a super mellow mood but just can't see me playing it that much in the car or a daily basis.

I wonder if this was all Turner's idea and if he didn't change just for the sake of changing. Who knows though.
    Just not what I was waiting for.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Music for spazzes, tbh.
    That makes zero sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That makes zero sense.
    at this pont, derp spouting nonsense makes perfect sense

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really dug AM and was looking forward to this new release. But it sucks. At least for anyone expecting to hear anything similar to the last album.
    No uptempo songs at all.

Maybe a couple of the songs will grow on me but I don't know that I'll even give it another listen.

1/10
    You are ing for the same thing original Arctic Monkeys fans ed about AM, tbh. "They sound nothing like before "

To be honest, the first time I heard the album I was like "meh". It all sounded like one long boring song. But the more I listen to it, the more I start to differentiate the different parts and sounds and feels. It looks like it's going to be one of those "acquired taste" albums.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Idk. I really didn't get into them until AM which was excellent. My favorite songs off of that were Are You Mine and Arabella. Some of the slower songs did grow on me but not to the point that I want a full album of that.

I might give this another listen if I'm a super mellow mood but just can't see me playing it that much in the car or a daily basis.

I wonder if this was all Turner's idea and if he didn't change just for the sake of changing. Who knows though.
    Just not what I was waiting for.
    You are not into "whatever people say I am..."?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You are ing for the same thing original Arctic Monkeys fans ed about AM, tbh. "They sound nothing like before "

To be honest, the first time I heard the album I was like "meh". It all sounded like one long boring song. But the more I listen to it, the more I start to differentiate the different parts and sounds and feels. It looks like it's going to be one of those "acquired taste" albums.
    Wtf. I'm not " ing" about anything. Just said I didn't like it and why.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I try to get into whatever is left of rock, but these guys are pretty meh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wtf. I'm not " ing" about anything. Just said I didn't like it and why.
    Don't take " ing" so literal son.

Complaining, criticizing, sharing a negative review. Use whatever of those you like, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It's what happens when your target audience is en led dorks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't take " ing" so literal son.

Complaining, criticizing, sharing a negative review. Use whatever of those you like, tbh.
    It wasn't any of those things. It was a certified critique.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why would anyone who knows music listen to that ? You have how many millions of better listens???

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Old farts yelling at clouds.

Alex Turner must have more talent on his left pinky than all the mummies they like combined.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Courtney Barnett, Stephen Malkmus, and Parquet Courts all just released new albums

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Courtney Barnett, Stephen Malkmus, and Parquet Courts all just released new albums
    Don't like Courtney Barnett, can't take her voice. I'll have to check out the other two. Don't mind a bit of TV on the Radio. I went to Austin last 18 months ago and imagine there'd be a few decent rock bands floating around there.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Why would anyone who knows music listen to that ? You have how many millions of better listens???
    Translation: " , I don't know who the Arctic Monkeys are. I need to make an excuse to save face. I know! I'll say they suck anyway!"

"Music expert"

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Translation: " , I don't know who the Arctic Monkeys are. I need to make an excuse to save face. I know! I'll say they suck anyway!"

"Music expert"
    Dude, have you ever got anything right...EVER? What do ya want to know about AM...well?

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Dude, have you ever got anything right...EVER? What do ya want to know about AM...well?
    Translation: "Okay, so I just got done googling the Arctic Monkeys. Now I can pretend to be an expert about them!"

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Translation: "Okay, so I just got done googling the Arctic Monkeys. Now I can pretend to be an expert about them!"
    Why do you act so damn stupid guy? Want me to rattle off 100 music artists you have never heard of? Well aware of Artic Monkeys, and I don't like their music, ok rookie?

Name
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Why do you act so damn stupid guy? Want me to rattle off 100 music artists you have never heard of? Well aware of Artic Monkeys, and I don't like their music, ok rookie?
    Translation: "Want me to google 100 music artists nobody's ever heard of so I can pretend to be an expert?"

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Translation: "Want me to google 100 music artists nobody's ever heard of so I can pretend to be an expert?"
    Dude, why fight it like ya do? So I don't own over 7000 CD's and twice that many tapes?

guy, African tribal music, convicts in prison, American indian flute music, primitive blues, funk, jazz, reggae, soul. rap, country rockabilly, rock and toll, Doo Wop, classical, punk, Bluegrass, Pop.....it's all, there.

Just accept reality, ok rookie?

Little man, I could rattle off 100 old blues cats right now, wanna see it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't like Courtney Barnett, can't take her voice. I'll have to check out the other two. Don't mind a bit of TV on the Radio. I went to Austin last 18 months ago and imagine there'd be a few decent rock bands floating around there.
    Kurt Vile is chill, War on Drugs is solid. Mitski and Angel Olsen hit some good guitar moments, bit different from what I've heard from TV on the Radio... Mistki isn't the most accessible sound at first. Kinda grows on you the more you listen... like MBV or Sonic Youth-y in terms of the music being an investment

Thread Information