Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He averaged < 17/4 in both the regular season and playoffs. A good year, but not like Duncan or Parker. He had huge impact games and plays though like he does every year. That game 6 was one of them.
    Didn't really wanted to go this route but you leave me no choice.

Spurs big three impact numbers on the '06/'07 season:

Manu- OBPM: 5.4/ DBPM: 1.8/ BPM: 7.2 / VORP: 4.8
    Tim- OBPM: 2.5/ DBPM: 4.8/ BPM: 7.2/ VORP: 1.7
    Tony- OBPM: 2.5/ DBPM: 0.1/ BPM: 2.6/ VORP: 3.0

As you can see, Manu didn't just have huge impact "games", he had a huge impact season. Arguably the most impactful season of any Spur.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never said Manu wasn't great as well.

I realize that needing something to be angry about and feel superior about is your thing though, so carry on.
    Cry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As you can see, Manu didn't just have huge impact "games", he had a huge impact season. Arguably the most impactful season of any Spur.
    why are you arguing with an obvious troll?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1986 Finals Game 4. Thee (only) Big Three on the greatest team of all-time having a greatly efficient game on the road to win a close Game 4 to go up 3-1 and not have to look down the barrel of a gun in Game 5 (back during Stern's f'd up 2-3-2 Finals format era).

Bird 9-17, 21 Pts, 10 Asts, 9 Rebs
    McHale 8-13, 19 Pts, 9 Rebs, 3 Blks, 3 Stls
    Parish 10-15, 22 Pts, 9 Rebs, 3 Blks

Team shot .577 on the road to escape 106-103. And even a Big Four game with Walton adding 10 pts on 5-5 FG in 19 minutes to give just enough relief to McHale and Parish battling The Twin Towers (Bird played 47 min).

Bird with only 4 pts in the second half when he broke a tie with 2:28 left in the game with a three to stab Houston's heart. Big Three with the composure to close it out from there (after letting Game 3 slip away the game before).

1:30:55 to watch the last 2:39 of the tied game.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1986 Finals Game 4. Thee (only) Big Three on the greatest team of all-time having a greatly efficient game on the road to win a close Game 4 to go up 3-1 and not have to look down the barrel of a gun in Game 5 (back during Stern's f'd up 2-3-2 Finals format era).

Team shot .577 on the road to escape 106-103. And even a Big Four game with Walton adding 10 pts on 5-5 FG in 19 minutes to give just enough relief to McHale and Parish battling The Twin Towers (Bird played 47 min).

Bird with only 4 pts in the second half when he broke a tie with 2:28 left in the game with a three to stab Houston's heart. Big Three with the composure to close it out from there (after letting Game 3 slip away the game before).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Added bonus: Greatest passing team of all-time passing it around for the final 14 seconds so that Houston couldn't even foul!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol, yah I guess it would be easy to have good advanced stats when you’re coming off the bench most of the season, lol. The guy is playing against second units like he did for most of his career!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, yah I guess it would be easy to have good advanced stats when you’re coming off the bench most of the season, lol. The guy is playing against second units like he did for most of his career!
    Show me any other bench player with as good advanced stats as Manu.

"Tony showing how easy it is to be the 6th man of the Spurs" CROFL

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's also easy to have good advanced stats when you're the better and more talented player, tbh. Manu is simply better than Porker. It is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns into another Parker vs Manu debate

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that always gets overlooked in the Parker vs Ginobili debates, is the latter ac ulated much of his superior advanced stats either against starters who carried a heavier work load or bench players.

Sure, Parker was never a top 2 Spur in any championship run, but he also never had that luxury. He was a starter, with a relatively heavy work load, playing against other starters.

Also, as Duncan and Ginobili aged, he was the guy in the first half of this decade, who carried the heaviest offensive burden. He deserves a lot of the credit for all those 1 and 2 seeds, that set them up to go on deep runs, ultimately culminating with the '14 championship. People often focus on the end result and not all the work that went into getting to that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns into another Parker vs Manu debate
    predictable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    without forgetting dumbass spurtacular with the celtics smh... what a ing tool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite Big 3 moment was Game 6 of the 2007 series with Phoenix. I don't think I have ever seen all three on together like they were that night. Duncan had 24 pts, 13 rebounds, and 9 blocks, Parker had 30 points and 6 assists, and Manu 33 pts, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals. I don't know why people don't seem to remember that game in the list of legendary Spurs performances, because that was the game that clinched the 2007 championship.

I just have to say it, because it never gets old, or becomes irrelevant: LOL Pringles.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was my first game seated in the lower bowl. It was LOUD! What a great game!
    Must have been incredible since everyone in the arena had to have known the Spurs just won the le once that game ended.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just have to say it, because it never gets old, or becomes irrelevant: LOL Pringles.
    Hope you don't get to say it a second time tonight.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Advanced stats are on a per-minute basis. If that's all that mattered, Boban would have been first team All-NBA a couple years ago. Tony played about 25% more minutes than Manu in both the regular season (2499 vs 2060) and the playoffs (751 vs 602).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Advanced stats are on a per-minute basis. If that's all that mattered, Boban would have been first team All-NBA a couple years ago. Tony played about 25% more minutes than Manu in both the regular season (2499 vs 2060) and the playoffs (751 vs 602).
    OK, so?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably Game 6 against OKC when Manu, Timmy, and Tiago made some clutch plays to close out the Thunder tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably Game 6 against OKC when Manu, Timmy, and Tiago made some clutch plays to close out the Thunder tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying that Manu was better than Tony by only using per-minute stats doesn't tell the whole story. The same is true for their entire careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying that Manu was better than Tony by only using per-minute stats doesn't tell the whole story. The same is true for their entire careers.
    Why are you making this a Manu vs Tony thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that always gets overlooked in the Parker vs Ginobili debates, is the latter ac ulated much of his superior advanced stats either against starters who carried a heavier work load or bench players.

Sure, Parker was never a top 2 Spur in any championship run, but he also never had that luxury. He was a starter, with a relatively heavy work load, playing against other starters.

Also, as Duncan and Ginobili aged, he was the guy in the first half of this decade, who carried the heaviest offensive burden. He deserves a lot of the credit for all those 1 and 2 seeds, that set them up to go on deep runs, ultimately culminating with the '14 championship. People often focus on the end result and not all the work that went into getting to that point.
    Lol Parker was never a top 2 Spur in a championship run, hahaha!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite moment was when they won Finals MVP

Thread Information