Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, Spurs fans are spoiled. We’ve gone from basically Gervin to Robinson to Duncan to Kawhi with only a few losing season and none since 96. The hardest player to get, especially in a small market, is the franchise, top 10 player. I don’t think a lot of spurs fans recognize this because of our luck in getting them and them staying. People anxious to get rid of Kawhi for markel fultz or Brandon Ingram don’t realize that we could very easily turn into the Sacramento kings
    That’s a bit much for me. SA didn’t have Kawhi this year and didn’t turn into the SAC Kings. SA front office aren’t idiots and they draft well. That alone keeps them from being SAC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron is coming...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, Spurs fans are spoiled. We’ve gone from basically Gervin to Robinson to Duncan to Kawhi with only a few losing season and none since 96. The hardest player to get, especially in a small market, is the franchise, top 10 player. I don’t think a lot of spurs fans recognize this because of our luck in getting them and them staying. People anxious to get rid of Kawhi for markel fultz or Brandon Ingram don’t realize that we could very easily turn into the Sacramento kings
    It will be a while before the Spurs contend again if they get rid of Kawhi but I still believe our FO is still good enough to build a good team much like Utah and Indiana. We'll probably have the same type of success as the two franchises I have mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade him to ing Tijuana if he thinks he's going to get his supermax deal and then ask for a trade next summer.
    Why? That would be great all things considered. If he gets that SuperMax and wants out SA will have a lot more options.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a bit much for me. SA didn’t have Kawhi this year and didn’t turn into the SAC Kings. SA front office aren’t idiots and they draft well. That alone keeps them from being SAC.
    Spurs record from January 1, 2018 21-23
    Kings record from January 1, 2018 15-30

Not that far off

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But granted turning into the kings may be a stretch. I agree our franchise is more stable than that. I meant more along the lines of a perineal lottery team where the 7-8th seed is something to celebrate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not that far off
    Lol.

it's pretty far off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull crap we got LMA and lots of teams were after him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not that far off
    that comparison really only works when you take the strength of schedule into account and i'm pretty sure not many teams had a harder schedule down the stretch than the spurs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? That would be great all things considered. If he gets that SuperMax and wants out SA will have a lot more options.
    The option to get stuck taking bad contracts when his deal is 35% of the cap, like ex pointed out above. Plus another year where you're not going to get a good draft pick since a healthy Leonard would guarantee 50 wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The option to get stuck taking bad contracts when his deal is 35% of the cap, like ex pointed out above. Plus another year where you're not going to get a good draft pick since a healthy Leonard would guarantee 50 wins.
    Yeah, because that would really ing suck to win 50 games again.

Still don't understand why everyone wants to rush back into the lottery after one down year which was cursed by injuries.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Assuming Leonard is healthy it's probably best to kiss and makeup and try and sign LeBron this offseason to pair with Kawhi, LMA. If not healthy or he wants out trade him, offer LeBron the keys to San Antonio and roll from there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still don't understand why everyone wants to rush back into the lottery after one down year which was cursed by injuries.
    It would suck being a treadmill team for another year. Either he comes back to stay or all he's doing is holding back the rebuild being here for only one year, and there is no way this team wouldn't need a full rebuild after losing Leonard.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure the Spurs wouldn't be offering the supermax unless they felt reasonably confident he is (or can be) healthy. Obviously, they have no way of knowing for sure...but if they strongly suspected otherwise, they wouldn't throw nearly a quarter billion dollars at him.

If this report is accurate, then it's good news.
    Of course they’re confident/know he’s healthy, they cleared him months ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because they’re spoiled..and have no ideas what “losing” even means tbh....

They’re also cliffs jumpers who hate and criticize the FO on their moves/acquisitions yet want them to tank and expect the same FO to fix it.

Or they want the FO canned and move on..even though the replacements will probably be tied to the FO in some way...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They’re also cliffs jumpers who hate and criticize the FO on their moves/acquisitions yet want them to tank and expect the same FO to fix it.

Or they want the FO canned and move on..even though the replacements will probably be tied to the FO in some way...
    I don't want a meaningless 50 wins just for Leonard to audition for his new team for one year. If it's 50 wins because he's healthy and staying longterm obviously I'd want that since Leonard is by far the biggest piece towards developing into a le team again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Leonard is healthy it's probably best to kiss and makeup and try and sign LeBron this offseason to pair with Kawhi, LMA. If not healthy or he wants out trade him, offer LeBron the keys to San Antonio and roll from there.
    LeBron would be really helpful for Kawhi brand...

Tbh I feel that’s why him and his team are enticed playing with him either in LA or SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This. You think ST is dead now? 3-5 years of rebuilding and this place will be vacant. I mean one sub-50 win season in 20 years (one in which we still made the playoffs) and everyone is having conniptions. A half decade in the lottery? You guys will be thinking the '18 season was magnificent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This too.

Grass is greener effect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want a meaningless 50 wins just for Leonard to audition for his new team for one year. If it's 50 wins because he's healthy and staying longterm obviously I'd want that since Leonard is by the biggest piece towards developing into a le team again.
    50 games and watching your team play in the playoffs isn’t meaningless...watching your team lose 50 games is.

As a Spur fan getting in the playoffs so frequently you should know anything can happen...you play to win the game.

Rebuilding in a small market is literally the hardest thing in sports...

If you came out and said you’d welcome the challenge of rebuilding and would like to see how the FO would handle it...maybe I can buy that..

But picking taking over “compe ive ball” as a Spurs fan is asinine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so the best option is to keep kawhi and get lebron? nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they offer it, he's staying. Not even Uncle face is that stupid to reject a quarter of a billion dollars tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How they can they be hoping to offer the super max? Offer it or don't. Are they hoping he will accept it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How they can they be hoping to offer the super max? Offer it or don't. Are they hoping he will accept it?
    Maybe they hope to offer it if Kawhl can prove he's healthy and all-in being the face of the franchise. If either of those are not the case, they probably won't be willing to pony up the full Supermax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. That’s clearly whats meant in the article lol

Thread Information