Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i find it ing stupid that black people are so keen on saying the word n word and are proud to hold it as a black word only. nice.
    keep proudly using the word that your ancestors masters used it to ridicule, torment, and berate you. i guess they like being reminded that they were subjugated.

Perpetuating victimhood and practicing exclusionary behaviors.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Now I think they do it mostly to trigger whitey.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    i find it ing stupid that black people are so keen on saying the word n word and are proud to hold it as a black word only. nice.
    keep proudly using the word that your ancestors masters used it to ridicule, torment, and berate you. i guess they like being reminded that they were subjugated.
    nothing is stopping y'all from saying it. non blacks say it more on this board than the black posters do.

idk why y'all don't get it. women call each other all the time. if i go up to a woman and call her would that be acceptable? i'm sure you call your wife "honey" or "baby", is it okay if i call her that too?

i'll leave you with a quote from one of the smartest humans on earth: “The experience of being a hip-hop fan and not being able to use the word ‘ni**er’ is actually very, very insightful. It will give you just a little peek into the world of what it means to be black. Because to be black is to walk through the world and watch people doing things that you cannot do, that you can’t join in and do. So I think there’s actually a lot to be learned from refraining.”

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    At the end of the day, it's re ed to let that word or any other word have such control over your emotions and life, to the point you're willing to catch a charge because you heard the wrong person use it. Doesn't seem practical and a waste of time to police the use of a word.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So much amazing music out there that has nothing to do with vulgarity. We could listen to music 24 hours a day everyday the rest of our life and never hear... . Why some think it's really needed ??????????? If their target audience needs it they need a new target audience.

Why be classless?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    nothing is stopping y'all from saying it. non blacks say it more on this board than the black posters do.

idk why y'all don't get it. women call each other all the time. if i go up to a woman and call her would that be acceptable? i'm sure you call your wife "honey" or "baby", is it okay if i call her that too?

i'll leave you with a quote from one of the smartest humans on earth: “The experience of being a hip-hop fan and not being able to use the word ‘ni**er’ is actually very, very insightful. It will give you just a little peek into the world of what it means to be black. Because to be black is to walk through the world and watch people doing things that you cannot do, that you can’t join in and do. So I think there’s actually a lot to be learned from refraining.”
    So what are your thoughts on the use of the word “ g*t” or “f*g” in hip hop despite the fact gay people walk through the world being persecuted still to this day globally? Where they watch people get married and it’s still a struggle in many places for them to do that?

I agree with you and others about the use of the N word and your point hit’s the nail on the head about other words and situations like that. But in the context of some rappers fighting that battle, it seems to get ignored when it comes to the struggles the gay community globally face.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    At the end of the day, it's re ed to let that word or any other word have such control over your emotions and life, to the point you're willing to catch a charge because you heard the wrong person use it. Doesn't seem practical and a waste of time to police the use of a word.
    Gonna take attention away from this thread for a mere 7 seconds to give you a notice. This the most articulate I’ve ever read your posts to be. Congratulations on not sounding like a dumbass, tbh.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Puto maricon chino

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Puto maricon chino
    Reported to ICE

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Do a mono show so we can hear your bleeding liberal heart troll all the bat board neocons and so I can call in and make fun of you

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    So what are your thoughts on the use of the word “ g*t” or “f*g” in hip hop despite the fact gay people walk through the world being persecuted still to this day globally? Where they watch people get married and it’s still a struggle in many places for them to do that?

I agree with you and others about the use of the N word and your point hit’s the nail on the head about other words and situations like that. But in the context of some rappers fighting that battle, it seems to get ignored when it comes to the struggles the gay community globally face.
    I think sexuals, especially the black ones, should speak up. They have to deal with phobic lyrics from musicians(heavy metal also) and movies( a lot of stoner comedies and action films use the word ) then they get hit with racism too.

The N word is the most disgusting word in American history and it should be no debate about non blacks using it in any context.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think sexuals, especially the black ones, should speak up. They have to deal with phobic lyrics from musicians(heavy metal also) and movies( a lot of stoner comedies and action films use the word ) then they get hit with racism too.

The N word is the most disgusting word in American history and it should be no debate about non blacks using it in any context.
    So you don’t see anything wrong with someone like Kendrick getting mad at this girl for saying the n word while the entire genre basically does the same thing even when told by the gay community that it’s hurtful in the same exact lense?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    So you don’t see anything wrong with someone like Kendrick getting mad at this girl for saying the n word while the entire genre basically does the same thing even when told by the gay community that it’s hurtful in the same exact lense?
    no i don't because he didn't get mad at her. he politely asked her to censor herself, which she did and they continued to finish the song.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    no i don't because he didn't get mad at her. he politely asked her to censor herself, which she did and they continued to finish the song.
    Sorry - I meant globally people getting mad at this in the context of my question. Not Kendrick specifically. It’s not like he cussed her out or something - just talking about the debate this always sparks.

I feel like if any people should understand (which black people do due to the N word) the power and hurt a word can provide that people championing not using the N word would also not turn around and harm others via the same methods.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone ever notice anytime rap is talked about it's always something negative?

I do own enought of it to get I'm just too musically knowledgeable to appreciate the lack of talent and how hard they try to sell the .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Anyone ever notice anytime rap is talked about it's always something negative?
    No actually. Know why? Because you pulled that out of your a** and it’s not true. Bye.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No actually. Know why? Because you pulled that out of your a** and it’s not true. Bye.
    It's without question true, and only a total fool wouldn't see that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's without question true, and only a total fool wouldn't see that.
    So if I were to find something that spoke about rap in a positive light, that would disprove what you said, correct? If I do that, will you leave ST forever? If I cannot, I will leave forever. Deal?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So if I were to find something that spoke about rap in a positive light, that would disprove what you said, correct? If I do that, will you leave ST forever? If I cannot, I will leave forever. Deal?
    Give me a real, legit answer, ok? Do you see rap as a positive influense on those who listen to it? Well?

Is Rap Actually Music or is it a Bad Influence?

Who wants their 12 year old daughter listening to rap, well?
    Last edited by Avante; 05-23-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why engaging son?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why engaging son?
    Dude, nobody here even knows who you are, yep, no impact. Now beat it little guy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So much easier and healthy.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So much easier and healthy.
    translation

I'm a midget.

Post Count