My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the EPA has been sold to the highest bidder, and Pruitt doesn't want you to know how dangerous your drinking water really is.

How many people will die from drinking carcinogens that they don't know about, from water they thought was safe?

First step:
    Squash the report on dangerous chemicals:

several months ago, a H.H.S. unit called the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (A.T.S.D.R.) was all set to publish a federal study showing that a certain class of toxic chemicals linked to thyroid defects, problems in pregnancy, and certain cancers poses a risk to humans even at low levels of exposure.

. But when the White House got wind of the report, it worried that revealing its findings would freak people out and put pressure on the E.P.A. and Department of Defense. “The public, media, and Congressional reaction to these numbers is going to be huge,” an unidentified White House aide said in an e-mail forwarded on January 30 by James Herz, a political appointee who oversees environmental issues at the Office of Management and Budget. “The impact to E.P.A. and [the Defense Department] is going to be extremely painful,” the e-mail continued. “We (DoD and E.P.A.) cannot seem to get A.T.S.D.R. to realize the potential public relations nightmare this is going to be.”
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...ng-water-study

Second:

Keep reporters from mentioning by banning them from any meeting having to do with it:

The Latest: EPA bars AP, CNN from summit on contaminants
    https://apnews.com/d799f4e096cc42cf99ae01b02d1e0688

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long used in Teflon and firefighting foam, the chemicals PFOA and PFOS are linked with certain cancers, thyroid problems and life-threatening pregnancy complications. Studies have found them in 98 percent of Americans’ blood, and communities from West Virginia to Michigan to New York have been in an uproar after discovering that their drinking water has been contaminated with the chemicals.

Tristan Brown, who served as the Obama administration’s liaison between EPA and members of Congress when the agency issued a health advisory for PFOA and PFOS in 2016, said that lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are deeply concerned about the issue. He said anger over the Trump administration’s interference could snowball if powerful Republicans who have experienced contamination in their states speak out strongly.

That could be the beginning of a breach of the dam,” Brown said.

Already, key Senate Republicans have shown their willingness to break with the Trump administration when it comes to chemical contamination. In December, North Carolina’s two Republican senators came out in opposition to the administration’s nominee to head EPA’s chemical safety office, industry consultant Michael Dourson, in part because of a crisis in their home state with a chemical similar to PFOA and PFOS, called GenX.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...udy-epa-590947

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a race to the Most Killed Americans

1. Repugs mortally denying health care

2. Repugs poisoning Americans

The oligarchy and its lawyers s know how to hide behind "plausible deniability" for being guilty of manslaughter of Ms of Americans

Thread Information