Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    SpursforSix , you did a great job sharing your knowledge about Tropical Systems last year, so I wanted to get this thread started as we enter the season.

First disturbance doesn't look like much:
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 08-07-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thank you. I am just now beginning my research on global temps, trends, etc. But will certainly inform when necessary.

BTW...good call on Cobra Kai.

Watched the first two last night and was hooked. Is there a way to watch the rest for free? Or do I need to sign up for You Tube Red?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Thank you. I am just now beginning my research on global temps, trends, etc. But will certainly inform when necessary.

BTW...good call on Cobra Kai.

Watched the first two last night and was hooked. Is there a way to watch the rest for free? Or do I need to sign up for You Tube Red?
    I streamed the rest of them the unethical way. Just google Cobra Kai free online stream.... you'll get plenty of hits. You'll just have to deal with the annoying popups at first. Or, you can do the free 30 day YouTube Red trial and then cancel it.
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 05-22-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I streamed the rest of them the unethical way. Just google Kobra Kai free online stream.... you'll get plenty of hits. You'll just have to deal with the annoying popups at first. Or, you can do the free 30 day YouTube Red trial and then cancel it.
    I tried through Terrarium but something is f'd up. I have a play button for movies but on the TV shows, there's no obvious way to play them.
    I'm trying to do this on my FireBox so it's kind of a pain in the ass to use the internet browsers. I just signed up for YTR to finish the show.
    I'm sure I'll forget to cancel but maybe they'll have something else worth watching.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Solid thread

I'm more of an enthusiast but I'll try to support SFS here when I can. I also recommend following Jeff Masters blog on Weather Underground. He spent years with the Hurricane Hunters and there's very little he does not now about the nuances of tropical system development.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    First named storm of the season is Alberto and is expected to roll into the Gulf of Mexico and make lano fall anywhere between New Orleans and Panama City.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    First named storm of the season is Alberto and is expected to roll into the Gulf of Mexico and make lano fall anywhere between New Orleans and Panama City.
    agreed

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    thanks for confirmation

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think a reforming of the center is possible, maybe even likely as this continues to organize. The mid and lower level centers are disjointed so I wouldn't be surprised to see a jump as it tries to get vertically stacked over time. It isn't going to be easy with strong shear currently over the low but the shear should gradually drop over the weekend. Waiting for recon...

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think a reforming of the center is possible, maybe even likely as this continues to organize. The mid and lower level centers are disjointed so I wouldn't be surprised to see a jump as it tries to get vertically stacked over time. It isn't going to be easy with strong shear currently over the low but the shear should gradually drop over the weekend. Waiting for recon...
    Yeah I think the shear will keep it from strengthening too much before landfall. Probably wind up a strong tropical storm/weak cat 1.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Is there anything SFS doesn't know about or cant do tbh?

The expert the club needed

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Last year was bonzo with those live feeds from Rockport.
    One of the Ice Stations chaser dude stopped at is still boarded up. Probably because Key Allegro is still undergoing repairs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    As long as they all hit Haiti I'm happy

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Last year was bonzo with those live feeds from Rockport.
    One of the Ice Stations chaser dude stopped at is still boarded up. Probably because Key Allegro is still undergoing repairs.
    ...that dude that got caught in the car wash...Jesus.

I'd still be having nightmares about that .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes, what we had last year unusual in that it occurred and then in between the feeds the storm had intensity and of. Purse afterword the winds as a metaphor highlighted by what we were able to glean from the things that get together. Out of the last 20 or so and being able to correlate using statistics and birds of prey what we remember is the lesson that was to be learned.

It reminded me of the storms of earlier times when it was talking about what the most feasible way to accomplish going to the store while yet. And always having the radio nearby passing underwneath just to see how egregious one may or may not be in light of....everything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Yes, what we had last year unusual in that it occurred and then in between the feeds the storm had intensity and of. Purse afterword the winds as a metaphor highlighted by what we were able to glean from the things that get together. Out of the last 20 or so and being able to correlate using statistics and birds of prey what we remember is the lesson that was to be learned.

It reminded me of the storms of earlier times when it was talking about what the most feasible way to accomplish going to the store while yet. And always having the radio nearby passing underwneath just to see how egregious one may or may not be in light of....everything.
    Spoken like a true expert

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah I think the shear will keep it from strengthening too much before landfall. Probably wind up a strong tropical storm/weak cat 1.
    Cat 1 US landfall would still be VERY impressive for late May/early June. Very typical disjointed system for this time of year.

Not necessarily a harbinger for an active or inactive season though. In 2005 we had Arlene in early June, similar to 2006's Alberto, one was the GOAT hurricane season the other was below average.

What you want to look for as we get into June is strong waves off the coast of Africa. If they roll off the Cape Verde area strong and become development threats in the month of June, whether they actually develop or not, that's a ominous sign we're in for a long season like 2004 or last year.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Solid thread

I'm more of an enthusiast but I'll try to support SFS here when I can. I also recommend following Jeff Masters blog on Weather Underground. He spent years with the Hurricane Hunters and there's very little he does not now about the nuances of tropical system development.
    Followed that blog since 2005. It used to be really fun until the moderators came and turned it into a commie zone.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    It's been a pretty uneventful start to hurricane season but we're entering the 2 most active months. There's a Cat 4 heading near Hawaii but looks like it will miss it.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Looks like Lane is going to give Hawaii a pretty close brush. Strong storm and could cause a lot of flooding. It's hard to predict how close with the lack of steering currents.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    . It's hard to predict how close with the lack of steering currents.
    Not really...it's just a matter of knowing the valid inputs for your model.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Biloxi about to get hit with a cat 1
    Last edited by Darth_Pelican; 09-05-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Not really...it's just a matter of knowing the valid inputs for your model.
    But what if it was an Islamic hurricane

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Good time to take kids to beach tbh

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/tropical-s...opstories.html

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Poor kids at the mercy of idiot rednecks smh