My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "deal maker"

Golfer in chief checks out. Again.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signaled a new direction in U.S.-China trade talks, saying the current track appeared "too hard to get done" and that any possible deal needed "a different structure."

In an early morning post on Twitter, Trump cited difficulties such as verification but gave no other details about what he or his administration was looking for amid ongoing negotiations.

Representatives for the White House did not respond to a request for more information about the president's statement. Representatives for China's Foreign Ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump's statement.

"Our trade deal with China is moving along nicely, but in the end we will probably have to use a different structure in that this will be too hard to get done and to verify results after completion," Trump wrote in his post.

Trump's statement comes amid the negotiations between the world's two largest economies after potential tariffs on both sides raised fears of a trade war, even as some tensions have eased over signs of some possible progress.

Both sides claimed victory on Monday and pledged to continue talking after last week's round in Washington produced pledges that China would import more American energy and agricultural commodities, although there were no specifics.

U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was expected to visit China next week to help finalize an agreement. U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told CNBC on Monday that Ross aimed to negotiate "a framework" that could then turn into "binding agreements ... between companies."

Trump on Tuesday, however, told reporters he was not pleased with recent talks, calling them "a start."

Any firm deal is likely to take a long time, according to most observers, and U.S. officials have threatened to return to tariffs, which prompted the current standoff, if needed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...120845554.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As long as he saves ZTE and all those China people jobs....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "deal maker"

Golfer in chief checks out. Again.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday signaled a new direction in U.S.-China trade talks, saying the current track appeared "too hard to get done" and that any possible deal needed "a different structure."

In an early morning post on Twitter, Trump cited difficulties such as verification but gave no other details about what he or his administration was looking for amid ongoing negotiations.

Representatives for the White House did not respond to a request for more information about the president's statement. Representatives for China's Foreign Ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump's statement.

"Our trade deal with China is moving along nicely, but in the end we will probably have to use a different structure in that this will be too hard to get done and to verify results after completion," Trump wrote in his post.

Trump's statement comes amid the negotiations between the world's two largest economies after potential tariffs on both sides raised fears of a trade war, even as some tensions have eased over signs of some possible progress.

Both sides claimed victory on Monday and pledged to continue talking after last week's round in Washington produced pledges that China would import more American energy and agricultural commodities, although there were no specifics.

U.S. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was expected to visit China next week to help finalize an agreement. U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told CNBC on Monday that Ross aimed to negotiate "a framework" that could then turn into "binding agreements ... between companies."

Trump on Tuesday, however, told reporters he was not pleased with recent talks, calling them "a start."

Any firm deal is likely to take a long time, according to most observers, and U.S. officials have threatened to return to tariffs, which prompted the current standoff, if needed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-say...120845554.html
    here you go again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he saves ZTE and all those China people jobs....
    and Trash's Lido city project gets $500M in Chinese support

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost as if you don't want Trump supporters being told how they have been suckers.

Why is that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Stormy didn't think it was too hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost as if you don't want Trump supporters being told how they have been suckers.

Why is that?
    Trump's a buffoon. Hard core supporters aren't going to ever believe they've been suckers.
    But I do believe (and hope) he is capable of doing some things right. Unlike yourself who just wants universal failure of the administration.

Again, you took some words out of context to imply that there is no deal.
    I'm thinking a trade deal with China is complicated as .
    Maybe it won't get done. But that's not where it's at right now.
    The comment, "Our trade deal with China is moving along nicely, but in the end we will probably have to use a different structure in that this will be too hard to get done and to verify results after completion"

One thing for sure is that if a deal gets done, you'll find something to about.
    sounds reasonable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's a buffoon. Hard core supporters aren't going to ever believe they've been suckers.
    But I do believe (and hope) he is capable of doing some things right. Unlike yourself who just wants universal failure of the administration.

Again, you took some words out of context to imply that there is no deal.
    I'm thinking a trade deal with China is complicated as .
    Maybe it won't get done. But that's not where it's at right now.
    The comment, "Our trade deal with China is moving along nicely, but in the end we will probably have to use a different structure in that this will be too hard to get done and to verify results after completion"

One thing for sure is that if a deal gets done, you'll find something to about.
    sounds reasonable.
    Talk about confirmation bias.

I implied no such thing, and included the full context of his remarks as part of the report snippet.

That is your take, based on your own bias about what I am, or think. You see the dress as whatever color you want, I guess, Laurel.

The only implication I intended was showing how ignorant and incompetent this administration's leader is. "nobody knew how complicated health care would be" etc. with "nobody" being "I [Trump]"

At this point, the administration seems bent on destroying American soft power and prestige. I sincerely hope it fails at that.

I have little confidence that any deal that results from the incoherent mess that is the current negotiations will produce anything worthwhile. Be happy to admit any credit for a good negotiation.

As it is, it seems the Chinese are running rings around these people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk about confirmation bias.

I implied no such thing, and included the full context of his remarks as part of the report snippet.

That is your take, based on your own bias about what I am, or think. You see the dress as whatever color you want, I guess, Laurel.

The only implication I intended was showing how ignorant and incompetent this administration's leader is. "nobody knew how complicated health care would be" etc. with "nobody" being "I [Trump]"

At this point, the administration seems bent on destroying American soft power and prestige. I sincerely hope it fails at that.

I have little confidence that any deal that results from the incoherent mess that is the current negotiations will produce anything worthwhile. Be happy to admit any credit for a good negotiation.

As it is, it seems the Chinese are running rings around these people.
    LOL. You're so full of . And you never admit when you're wrong.

Maybe you'll enlighten me by what you meant to imply with your opening of

"deal maker"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Stormy didn't think it was too hard
    probably was too soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. You're so full of . And you never admit when you're wrong.

Maybe you'll enlighten me by what you meant to imply with your opening of
    Sure.

"He isn't the deal-maker miracle worker his cult members think"

I will go further:

"His ignorance and naivite, coupled with his emphasis on loyalty over competence in underlings makes him a very poor negotiator at the level he is playing"

Thread Information