Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    No im not mad either. We’re having a discussion. But you mentioned that most people don’t give a about the anthem. Every time I go to a sporting event and the anthem is played it seems most people do give a . That includes all races. So I’m confused by that statement and also by the trend online to call someone a racist if you don’t agree with kneeling. To be clear I support the right to kneel. But I don’t agree with people flat out labeling people as racists if they don’t agree with the reason behind kneeling.
    Every time I go to a sporting event, people are using national anthem time to take a piss or get a beer.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    stop stroking the flame. why bring attention back to this issue when nobody had cared about it for months?
    So they continue to have an easy excuse for declining fan interest that doesn't relate to the actual reasons - incompetent/biased officiating, rules that favor offenses too much, three franchise relocations in the span of a year, etc.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So they continue to have an easy excuse for declining fan interest that doesn't relate to the actual reasons - incompetent/biased officiating, rules that favor offenses too much, three franchise relocations in the span of a year, etc.
    i dont know that the relocations have done that much. nobody gave a about the chargers anyway and the raiders haven't moved yet

i think it has more to do with penalties and the catch/not catch stuff

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    A) I’m primarily referring to TV audiences
    b) even at the games... yes fans do care about the anthem and stand for it. But do they really go inspecting the actions of players on the field? Definitely not before kaep
    c) don’t thiink i ever mentioned it being racist
    A) If your at the event they ask that you please rise for the national anthem. B)No one that I know of was protesting the national anthem before keap so therefor it wasn’t a topic of discussion.

C)I’m simply noticing a trend of many people on social media intimidate or falsely accuse people of being racist.

Which is ironic because that’s usually what bad cops do. They intimidate and usually avoid the cons ution and violate people’s rights.

The main issue if any that I have is that kaep made this protest a race / police matter. It’s actually an American /cons utional issue. All types of people of race and faith are affected by cons utional rights violation by police state activity.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Every time I go to a sporting event, people are using national anthem time to take a piss or get a beer.
    My cousin has been all gung ho about the kneeling. I went to a Superbowl party at his house and he made it a point to stand in front of the TV with his hat off while the anthem was going on. We grew up together and I've watched countless games with him and he's never given a until now.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    A) If your at the event they ask that you please rise for the national anthem.
    sure. and sometimes there are heads to stay seated, are walking to the bathroom, in line to get their popcorn, etc. not classy, but it happens

B)No one that I know of was protesting the national anthem before keap so therefor it wasn’t a topic of discussion.
    and if they did, you wouldn't have noticed (and therefore cared) until the media blew it up into headline news

C)I’m simply noticing a trend of many people on social media intimidate or falsely accuse people of being racist.
    theres a lot of people on social media that say stupid things. that's not specific to any particular viewpoint. not even on this issue. apparently if you kneel during the anthem you have america and are unpatriotic.

Which is ironic because that’s usually what bad cops do. They intimidate and usually avoid the cons ution and violate people’s rights.
    physical force/violence is quite different than mean tweets imo

The main issue if any that I have is that kaep made this protest a race / police matter. It’s actually an American /cons utional issue. All types of people of race and faith are affected by cons utional rights violation by police state activity.
    it is a racial issue as the reason given for his protest is perceived racial injustice whether or not you agree with him that there is substantial racial injustice. that inherently makes it a racial issue.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    My cousin has been all gung ho about the kneeling. I went to a Superbowl party at his house and he made it a point to stand in front of the TV with his hat off while the anthem was going on. We grew up together and I've watched countless games with him and he's never given a until now.
    last year i was watching the Raiders Pats blowout with my dad... we sat through the first half just fine. at halftime he checked his fox news app and saw lynch sat during the pregame anthem, and he decided not to watch the second half.

he literally didnt give a until he was told to. pretty hilarious tbh

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    sure. and sometimes there are heads to stay seated, are walking to the bathroom, in line to get their popcorn, etc. not classy, but it happens

and if they did, you wouldn't have noticed (and therefore cared) until the media blew it up into headline news

theres a lot of people on social media that say stupid things. that's not specific to any particular viewpoint. not even on this issue. apparently if you kneel during the anthem you have america and are unpatriotic.

physical force/violence is quite different than mean tweets imo

it is a racial issue as the reason given for his protest is perceived racial injustice whether or not you agree with him that there is substantial racial injustice. that inherently makes it a racial issue.

Out of everything this is the underlying problem for me. Imho its not a race issue, its a police state mentality issue. All races are wronged by the police everyday. They use intimidation tactics and blatantly lie and purposely discourage American citizens from evoking their cons utional rights. Police routinely place the burden of proof on the citizen and treat people as guilty until proven innocent. This is wrong and it is not an African American phenomenon. This affects all Americans.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Out of everything this is the underlying problem for me. Imho its not a race issue, its a police state mentality issue. All races are wronged by the police everyday. They use intimidation tactics and blatantly lie and purposely discourage American citizens from evoking their cons utional rights. Police routinely place the burden of proof on the citizen and treat people as guilty until proven innocent. This is wrong and it is not an African American phenomenon. This affects all Americans.
    but kaep specifically protested against the racial aspect of it... like i said, you don't have to agree with him that the problem is strictly racial, but like it or not, that was his message. it's inherently racial

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cousin Chris?

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    but kaep specifically protested against the racial aspect of it... like i said, you don't have to agree with him that the problem is strictly racial, but like it or not, that was his message. it's inherently racial

Fair enough.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ...he's not that bad, but he's a Trump for sure. I typically avoid politics with him and stick to football talk. He's from Houston, so one of my few allies in this area.

Post Count

And I bet before idiot Trump SOB's remark this same cousin probably sat down on the couch during the anthem with his hands down his pants Al Bundy style prior I am guessing.

Post Count

I was raised a JW and anytime we would go to sporting events we would just stay seated. I guarantee now if a JW were to stay seated they would draw a lot of dirty looks form Trump s.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Let's just all be thankful he's still unemployed

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Requiring people to be in a specific bodily position during the playing of a piece of music...such an arbitrary cultural convention.

I don't want national anthems in sports at all, tbh.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    We need more GOD/COUNTRY not less of it. Get back to what really matters. Dump garbage music, movies. Look at where we are right now, what a ing mess. Oh yes, let's have our kids listening to.... THE POLICE. Smut movies anyone can see on tv right now, no wonder this country is in the shape it's in.

What should have happened to Kaepernick is...

player....dude, what the ya doing, stand your ass up and show respect, don't play that here, now stand up .

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    We need more GOD/COUNTRY not less of it. Get back to what really matters. Dump garbage music, movies. Look at where we are right now, what a ing mess. Oh yes, let's have our kids listening to.... THE POLICE. Smut movies anyone can see on tv right now, no wonder this country is in the shape it's in.

What should have happened to Kaepernick is...

player....dude, what the ya doing, stand your ass up and show respect, don't play that here, now stand up .
    that's from 1988

lol today's kids

the teams should all just stay in the locker room like they used to. NFL created this spectacle. No matter what the policy is now there will be people upset.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    that's from 1988

lol today's kids
    Dude, it's even worst today than it was in 88 when it comes to music. You disagree?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    the teams should all just stay in the locker room like they used to. NFL created this spectacle. No matter what the policy is now there will be people upset.
    Why not...

That field is your work place, you will stand for the anthem. Yep, just like all other jobs with their rules.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    We need more GOD/COUNTRY not less of it.
    half of that is fake news

other half is fake patriotism

Why not...

That field is your work place, you will stand for the anthem. Yep, just like all other jobs with their rules.
    It's not that simple.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    half of that is fake news

other half is fake patriotism
    I have seen the 70's, 60;s..........etc...right now we are at an all time low when it comes to being cool. , just look at this place, look at how peipole act right here. We need to get back to some sort of .....nice.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    that would be called nostalgia

it was better in my day

Thread Information