adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Koriwhat bro.

Online he probably has a koriwhat persona where he would claim he bought his parents a house and he's such a good son that he allows them to live with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooke Baldwin is hot af tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a Bernie bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like random guy things people in USA should take of this dude
    He should not held responsible for his bad choices

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a Bernie bro
    All the markings.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sounds like a Bernie bro
    Except that part where he says “I’m a conservative”. He’s your en led millenial snowflake, not ours.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except that part where he says “I’m a conservative”. He’s your en led millenial snowflake, not ours.
    Would explain why CNN had him on, tbh. Couldn't imagine them giving eight minutes to this garbage otherwise. Also, that you're like breathing a sigh of relief that a millenial snowflake isn't yours for a change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not an outlier, tbh...

As of 2016, 15% of 25- to 35-year-old Millennials were living in their parents’ home. This is 5 percentage points higher than the share of Generation Xers who lived in their parents’ home in 2000 when they were the same age (10%), and nearly double the share of the Silent Generation who lived at home in 1964 (8%).

It doesn’t appear that a lack of jobs is keeping Millennials at home. As of the first quarter of 2016 (when the living arrangements data were collected), only 5.1% of older young adults were unemployed, down from 10.1% in the first quarter of 2010. Yet the share of 25- to 35-year-olds living at home rose during that span, increasing from 12% in 2010 to 15% in 2016.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ger-stretches/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives today smh

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not an outlier, tbh...

As of 2016, 15% of 25- to 35-year-old Millennials were living in their parents’ home. This is 5 percentage points higher than the share of Generation Xers who lived in their parents’ home in 2000 when they were the same age (10%), and nearly double the share of the Silent Generation who lived at home in 1964 (8%).

It doesn’t appear that a lack of jobs is keeping Millennials at home. As of the first quarter of 2016 (when the living arrangements data were collected), only 5.1% of older young adults were unemployed, down from 10.1% in the first quarter of 2010. Yet the share of 25- to 35-year-olds living at home rose during that span, increasing from 12% in 2010 to 15% in 2016.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ger-stretches/
    College Tuition, inflation... Plus it's just not as much of a stigma to live with your parents these days. I can't blame college grads for spending a couple of years with their parents when the alternative for many of them is living in a ty area or doing an hour commute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College Tuition, inflation... Plus it's just not as much of a stigma to live with your parents these days. I can't blame college grads for spending a couple of years with their parents when the alternative for many of them is living in a ty area or doing an hour commute.
    That accounts for the 25 year olds. But 35, .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair, but the data is 25-35 year olds. We don't know how many of those are 35. Honestly unless there's other data I'm not sure we really know if 35 year old millennials, specifically, live with their parents at a higher rate than 35-year-old Gen Xers did. I'm guessing the difference is skewed heavily towards the 25-year-old end of the age range.

I think we can all agree the subject of the OP doesn't apply. But for other 30+ers, we don't know what cir stances might cause them to be with their parents. Maybe they moved back in to take care of sick parents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    college/professional school grads with no or ty jobs can take years to pay off school loans.

And the parents who co-signed the loans don't want to be stuck with them, either, even after the child dies.

If living at home save $1000+ . month vs an apartment ...

Young adults sharing apts in expensive cities is also occurring, and will increase as CoL continues to increase against stagnant/decreasing incomes

This situation of adult children living in parents' home is what I saw in Europe years ago, esp in the poorer countries like Italy, Spain, Greece.

The Great Boutons' Always Bigger Picture (c):

America's oligarchy enriches itself while impoverishing the lower 80%, has been for 45 years.

The impoverishment isn't natural, or accidental, or unavoidable.

It's the ING oligarchy's ING STRATEGY implemented throughout society. More pie for the oligarchy, less pie for everybody else.

You vindictive, snarky, condescending right wing assholes always blame the oligarchy's 10Ms of victims, rather than the true culprits, the oligarchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the thing. Stories like this are funny but they're used to create some kind of larger narrative about an entire generation.

But the numbers say:

9 out of 10 Gen Xers between the ages of 25-35 did not live with their parents.
    Almost 9 out of 10 Millennials between the ages of 25-35 do not live with their parents.

A 5% shift really isn't that big of a deal when you consider all of the other factors. Certainly not enough to drive the "Millenials are lazy and en led" narrative that always springs up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Deep, Uniquely American Roots of Our Affordable-Housing Crisis

Nearly half of all renters can’t afford rent,

and over half a million Americans are homeless on any given night.

How did we get here?

https://www.thenation.com/article/gi...tm_term=weekly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 30-year-old man who earlier this week was told by a judge that he had to vacate his parents’ New York home was handed a June 1 moving date, according to a court order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is exactly who I envision when I think of Chris after browsing through one of his typical bizarre postings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    college/professional school grads with no or ty jobs can take years to pay off school loans.

And the parents who co-signed the loans don't want to be stuck with them, either, even after the child dies.

If living at home save $1000+ . month vs an apartment ...

Young adults sharing apts in expensive cities is also occurring, and will increase as CoL continues to increase against stagnant/decreasing incomes

This situation of adult children living in parents' home is what I saw in Europe years ago, esp in the poorer countries like Italy, Spain, Greece.

The Great Boutons' Always Bigger Picture (c):

America's oligarchy enriches itself while impoverishing the lower 80%, has been for 45 years.

The impoverishment isn't natural, or accidental, or unavoidable.

It's the ING oligarchy's ING STRATEGY implemented throughout society. More pie for the oligarchy, less pie for everybody else.

You vindictive, snarky, condescending right wing assholes always blame the oligarchy's 10Ms of victims, rather than the true culprits, the oligarchy.
    Yeah it's an oligarchy. What makes you think they don't control the left?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's an oligarchy. What makes you think they don't control the left?
    do I think the oligarchy doesn't control the left?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do I think the oligarchy doesn't control the left?
    It's a clear question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the thing. Stories like this are funny but they're used to create some kind of larger narrative about an entire generation.

But the numbers say:

9 out of 10 Gen Xers between the ages of 25-35 did not live with their parents.
    Almost 9 out of 10 Millennials between the ages of 25-35 do not live with their parents.

A 5% shift really isn't that big of a deal when you consider all of the other factors. Certainly not enough to drive the "Millenials are lazy and en led" narrative that always springs up.
    Housing costs have risen much faster than wages and salaries over any relevant stretch of the last 40 years. Merely being able to afford housing requires more discipline -- and way more money -- than it once did.

The epochal financial panic of 2008 kicked millennials in the balls right at the beginning of their earning cycle. Additionally, the recovery from the recession has been less than robust and notably uneven.

It's not surprising that for some "older young adults" living with parents seems like a good option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when I was 18 there wasn't any amount of money you could have paid me to stay. I was ready to GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can not pay off student loans go to vAcational schools instead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is a Bernie Bro He expects everything to be handed to him.

Thread Information