Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah there are a lot more direct/overt quotes about phobia than potential vague allusions to racism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, 5:20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's getting there, but again, not sure enough acceptance will happen in our lifetime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw that. Looks like Trump is costing the GOP evangelicals. The cranky old white ones may stay... but everrbody else is coming to their senses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nonstampcollector.. FTW.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah there are a lot more direct/overt quotes about phobia than potential vague allusions to racism
    And there are more direct quotes about adultery and divorce than either of those. None whatsoever about abortion. Biblical literalists are selective about their pet issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None whatsoever about abortion.
    "You shalt not kill"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You shalt not kill"
    And yet many verses demanding the execution of people for a variety of sins. Like the one you referenced about sexuals.

Again, it's all about convenient selectivity. Tomorrow's young Christians will reinterpret or ignore certain Biblical passages to fit their view of the world. As has been the case for centuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet many verses demanding the execution of people for a variety of sins. Like the one you referenced about sexuals.

Again, it's all about convenient selectivity. Tomorrow's young Christians will reinterpret or ignore certain Biblical passages to fit their view of the world. As has been the case for centuries.
    Bible is the big book of multiple choice.

A Roscharch test for the gullible, IMO. Magic man in the sky watching you masturbate... ROFL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary, opponents of interracial marriage had several scriptures they pointed to when arguing against interracial marriage.

One example was the sons of Noah - Shem, Ham and Japheth. Evangelicals believed these were the origins of whites, negroids and mongoloids. Ham was cursed, so naturally he was the father of the negroids. So they opposed intermarrying with a cursed race. Stupid, right?

A more common argument was always that God intended for the races to be separate, and that interbreeding went against God's will. They would quote several scriptures alluding to this. That's a common evergreen argument for Christians resistant to shifting cultural Dynamics. "But that's not what God intended!" You hear the same thing when it comes to the gays.

As for Biblical opposition to gay marriage, it would not be unlike the church's evolution beyond considering divorce a mortal sin. There are plenty of sins that the Bible condemns as execution-worthy that Christians rarely quibble over today. https://www.thedailybeast.com/all-th...xecute-you-for

Christian churches have evolved past their opposition to women participating in service (or even attending service without their heads covered), instrumental music, allowing divorced people to remarry, and interracial marriage. I think of you talk to a few Christians under the age of 30 you'll be pleasantly surprised at their open mindedness and their real motivations, even if they do still literally believe in fairy tales.
    You seem like a new age Christian who's probably Gay and wants to believe God is ok with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem like a new age Christian who's probably Gay and wants to believe God is ok with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a few of them and they really do believe that one day Christ will return and take all of his children home.. to meet the father. I mean you can interpret that a lot of different ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know a few of them and they really do believe that one day Christ will return and take all of his children home.. to meet the father. I mean you can interpret that a lot of different ways.
    And his 12 best "friends"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course it's selective. I'm just telling you the main verse anti-abortionists use.

But I still don't see any signs that the SBC will be changing their minds any time soon on the gays. They seem to really be holding their ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's selective. I'm just telling you the main verse anti-abortionists use.
    I don't need you to tell me what verse they use. We're talking about interpreting the Bible to fit one's needs. There is no specific verse about abortion so of course they use other verses.

But I still don't see any signs that the SBC will be changing their minds any time soon on the gays. They seem to really be holding their ground.
    Yes, you've said that several times. We agree to disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol yes I've said it several times because I'm not sure where the tangent about abortion was headed.

Thread Information