Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Who do you think will challenge for a Semi-final? Among weaker teams?

I got

Moroco
    Peru
    Sweden

In that order

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I think Pari might be below Swadun, tbh.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    It depends on what do you consider a dark horse.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    portugal.
    they finish 2nd in group B so they get a relatively easy team from group A (uruguay/russia/egypt). then they get a quarters with france who are choke artists and that's semis right here. Semi and penaldo and anything can happen. that's a golden bracket for a world cup and you can bet these s know it.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    Post Count
    dark horse meaning a team that has the personnel to win it but the bookies aren't considering them to win it all? I'd say Uruguay and Croacia

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    France

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Would you consider Uruguay a dark horse, tbh?

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    Post Count
    What I said above my understanding of being a dark horse. Unless there's another meaning to "dark horse" in my book Croacia and Uruguay

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    If the 2016 Euro champ is gonna count as a dark horse, then I'd say yes.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Uruguay then... they're not Germany-like, but always seem to overperform in the World Cups, IMO.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Uruguay then... they're not Germany-like, but always seem to overperform in the World Cups, IMO.
    How does Germany over perform?

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    How does Germany over perform?
    I meant Uruguay does. What I mean by them not being Germany-like, is that they're not an ordered team to attack/defend. But still manage to win tough games.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I meant Uruguay does. What I mean by them not being Germany-like, is that they're not an ordered team to attack/defend. But still manage to win tough games.
    Think I misread it. I don't know if it's an over perform or just performing at their highest level unlike most teams, tbh. Also, finishers / playmakers like Forlan (former), Suarez, Cavani, others is invaluable. Not all teams have that.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    Only if Luis Suarez is allowed to horse bite opposing players...

http://memeprensa.blogspot.com/2014/...uarez-usa.html

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Suarez did his time for it, tbh... hopefully he learned his lesson

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    portugal.
    they finish 2nd in group B so they get a relatively easy team from group A (uruguay/russia/egypt). then they get a quarters with france who are choke artists and that's semis right here. Semi and penaldo and anything can happen. that's a golden bracket for a world cup and you can bet these s know it.
    Yep, if you can consider the Euro champions a dark horse, that would be my pick. Pretty favourable draw. Is better to finish second than first on that group.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Yep, if you can consider the Euro champions a dark horse, that would be my pick. Pretty favourable draw. Is better to finish second than first on that group.
    tbh I've been having a good row of bets this year (real for ucl in december, lebron finals in february) .. might put 200 eur on portugal just for the if I get them at a ridiculous 1-10 to make semis. Don't think I'll find that though, betting houses love the alpha penaldo casual bets

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I would take Portugal 25-1 or Uruguay 28-1 over England 16-1 or even Belgium 11-1.

But if I was really feeling like playing the lottery with a $10 bet, I'd go with Poland 66-1, Mexico 100-1, or Switzerland 100-1. That's the deepest I see anyone possibly paying off.

My Team
    AC Milan
    Post Count
    That's pretty generous tbh. I'd bet $100 that they don't even get a point in the group stage

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    That's pretty generous tbh. I'd bet $100 that they don't even get a point in the group stage
    You think that they're worse than previous Mexico teams?

Have you seen S.Korea?

All Asians teams is a disaster waiting to happen. All of them have 2-3 month old coaches too.

They will win against korea. That should be enough to get them through after a draw with sweden.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Have you seen S.Korea?

All Asians teams is a disaster waiting to happen. All of them have 2-3 month old coaches too.

They will win against korea. That should be enough to get them through after a draw with sweden.

sweden is a very uncomfortable team (see qualification), that is great in the air and which will have massive crowd support ( a lot of swedes will go to this world cup, it's nearby, it's cheap and sweden hasn't made it in a long time). I even see us losing points to them so mexico shouldn't take them lightly tbh..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I would take Portugal 25-1 or Uruguay 28-1 over England 16-1 or even Belgium 11-1.

But if I was really feeling like playing the lottery with a $10 bet, I'd go with Poland 66-1, Mexico 100-1, or Switzerland 100-1. That's the deepest I see anyone possibly paying off.
    son there is one thing you don't understand with odds tbh. I'd give both portgual and uruguay better odds to make the semis because they have a great bracket. But i'd give england and belgium better odds at actually winning the thing, the semis and final are extremely emotional games and you need that "big footballing country we deserve to be here" mentality otherwise you're handicapped in the mental game.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Who do you think will challenge for a Semi-final? Among weaker teams?

I got

Moroco
    Peru
    Sweden

In that order
    son

Thread Information