Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Rockets are playing amazing defense right now. I've never seen the Spurs defend the warriors like Houston is doing this series. I hope they can keep it up without cp3
    This.

2 games under 100 points for this warriors team. Klay was hitting every open shot..the switches have them shook. The rockets , who have been ridiculed for their defense are playing some of the best defense I have ever seen
    Durbeta in the last two 4th quarters combined: 1-9 FG, 2 rebounds.

Sorry, but there isn't a defense in the world that can hold Durbeta to those numbers by themselves. He's choking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said before, dubs would've been one and done had KD not joined them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If at some point GSW is clearly going to lose a game, I expect Curry to start limping and the story to be that he was really only at 50% the whole series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is overdue for a big game. He was 0-11 from three tonight so hopefully it's out of his system.
    he has missed his last 20 I think from deep

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Rockets need to take a page out of the 2003 Spurs playbook vs than 3 time defending NBA champs Lakers. You got into this game for the win you never let up or feel sorry for them one bit, do whatever it takes to win this game. They have a huge opportunity here to reach the NBA Finals. The Warriorettes will be out to hit every shot imaginable to force a game 7 and if the Warriorettes go up big they will show off like they always do. Rockets have to go into this game with the mentality of winning the game and don't let up for one second, every possession matters. Houston can reach the NBA finals, hope they seize the moment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anytime you have a superstar in his prime, of course you should go all in. I've never deviated from that.

The Rockets pushing them to the brink (even if Paul were healthy, I'd still have to see them finishing the job to believe it) says nothing about the Spurs ability to do so, though.

Rockets . . .

- 2 all-time play makers
    - Shoot the most 3s ever, increasing their variance
    - No glaring liability on both sides of the ball in their rotation

Spurs . . .

- Nothing resembling a lead play maker
    - Shoot among the least 3s in the league and their % fell off a cliff last season, decreasing their variance
    - Liabilities galore on both sides of the ball in their rotation (offense: Murray, Anderson, defense: Gasol, Mills, Parker)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't know if paul can be ready to go by monday if there is a game 7. if GS gets by another series due to injury they really are just way too fortunate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors at full strength would be up if it wasn't for Curry being rusty and Iguodala being hurt. Secondly, where is Javale Mcgee???!!! It makes no sense to have Looney out there over McGee when you have Capela as the opposing center. Something is going on. Now that CP3 is out for likely the rest of the playoffs, Warriors are back in it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anytime you have a superstar in his prime, of course you should go all in. I've never deviated from that.

The Rockets pushing them to the brink (even if Paul were healthy, I'd still have to see them finishing the job to believe it) says nothing about the Spurs ability to do so, though.

Rockets . . .

- 2 all-time play makers
    - Shoot the most 3s ever, increasing their variance
    - No glaring liability on both sides of the ball in their rotation

Spurs . . .

- Nothing resembling a lead play maker
    - Shoot among the least 3s in the league and their % fell off a cliff last season, decreasing their variance
    - Liabilities galore on both sides of the ball in their rotation (offense: Murray, Anderson, defense: Gasol, Mills, Parker)

Funny how adding PJ Tucker a Chris Paul and losing Kawhi Leonard can do that huh...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how adding PJ Tucker a Chris Paul and losing Kawhi Leonard can do that huh...
    King apologist to the rescue! Never fails.

The difference is, the Rockets had the right idea even before this season. They just didn't have the right personnel to execute it.

The Spurs aren't suited even with Leonard, genius. If they think they can just plug him back in, bring back the band and they'll be in contention, they're delusional.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    King apologist to the rescue! Never fails.

The difference is, the Rockets had the right idea even before this season. They just didn't have the right personnel to execute it.

The Spurs aren't suited even with Leonard, genius. If they think they can just plug him back in, bring back the band and they'll be in contention, they're delusional.

I’m just keeping it real bud....

Warriors are fragile front runners..Spurs were mentally beat losing Kawhi last year and this year..

Don’t act like Harden and the Rockets are any different..Paul is saving Harden ass (0-20 from 3)

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just keeping it real bud....

Warriors are fragile front runners..Spurs were mentally beat losing Kawhi last year and this year..

Don’t act like Harden and the Rockets are any different..Paul is saving Harden ass (0-20 from 3)
    Since want to keep it real. I see rockets players including Harden working harder on defense & helping each other out in a coehesive manner. Something we not used tp when discussing rhe rockets of old.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since want to keep it real. I see rockets players including Harden working harder on defense & helping each other out in a coehesive manner. Something we not used tp when discussing rhe rockets of old.
    Correct. Their focus on defense came from SA..People have copied/mimic the Spurs way of defending the Warriors..back in 16’ when Warriors were 62-7 and Spurs were 59-10 and Spurs won and held that team to 79 points..it was eye popping and and the league took notice..

Spurs issues have always been offense when these teams meet. Losing Kawhi is a huge offensive loss..Houston defense has been suspect but they learned from their own ass whooping last year “how to defend”. It’s what the Spurs have been known for the past 20 years...

The entire NBA has copied the Spurs from top to bottom..even the precious Warriors with the “ beautiful game”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said before, dubs would've been one and done had KD not joined them.
    They wouldnt even had won one if kyrie and love played...remember lebron alone took them to 6 because two of his best teammates didnt even play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wouldnt even had won one if kyrie and love played...remember lebron alone took them to 6 because two of his best teammates didnt even play
    Damn, I had forgotten about that. Dubs are the biggest asterisk champions in NBA history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your invincible when you can screen like this with the best shooter ever on the court. https://streamable.com/k5up0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to play near perfect defense and score efficiently 4 out of 7 to beat them. They are pretty close to invincible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to play near perfect defense and score efficiently 4 out of 7 to beat them. They are pretty close to invincible.
    Nah... U just have to stay healthy, and hope refs have integrity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, we're ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your invincible when you can screen like this with the best shooter ever on the court. https://streamable.com/k5up0
    wow....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus that’s awful. Are we sure they haven’t hired Bogut as a consultant over there?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What 4 years in a row to the NBA finals in the tougher Western Conference? That’s more than just injury issues and ref integrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re pretty invincible. They’re a 3-1 comeback from what would likely have been a 4-peat. Luck helps, but fate certainly smiles on them it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re pretty invincible. They’re a 3-1 comeback from what would likely have been a 4-peat. Luck helps, but fate certainly smiles on them it seems.
    They are also a Kyrie Irving / Love injury -Zaza cheapshot- Durant quitting up 3-1 so as not to eliminate his fellow gots from being eliminated - now this tape on Game 6 Rockets- from being 1 or even zero Championships.

Phuck the Warriors.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If Warriors ring this season it's rigged, all it took was game 6 of WCF.

Thread Information