Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Further confirmed by Bruce Irvin:

Post Count
    Avril said on Dave Dameshek's podcast that "a lot of guys got turned off" to Carroll when the Super Bowl ended with Russell Wilson throwing a game-losing interception to New England's Malcolm Butler, rather than the Seahawks calling a handoff to Marshawn Lynch, which Seattle players thought would have given them a game-winning touchdown.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-interception/

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    no brainer

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Everybody saw this coming after The Pick. Worst decision by a coaching staff and QB in NFL history.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Everybody saw this coming after The Pick. Worst decision by a coaching staff and QB in NFL history.
    I remember being at my brothers house watching that game....

His wife (who doesn't know about football and the only player on the field she could name is Brady) said, "Why didn't they run the ball?" Even football novices knew to give the ball to Beast Mode. It is without a doubt the "worst decision by a coaching staff and QB in NFL history."

Post Count
    The interception itself was a remarkable play by butler. 99 times out of 100 thats a touchdown or incompletion

The best part is how so many dismissed this idea when we brought it up at the time it was perceived as a conspiracy theory, but it seemed obvious to unbiased viewers that they were trying to make Wilson the hero..

Post Count
    The best part is how so many dismissed this idea when we brought it up at the time it was perceived as a conspiracy theory, but it seemed obvious to unbiased viewers that they were trying to make Wilson the hero..
    It was obvious to anyone who isn't a Struggle fanboy when he didn't change the play at the LOS.

That was the worst decision in super bowl history.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The interception itself was a remarkable play by butler. 99 times out of 100 thats a touchdown or incompletion
    Yes BUT...... the situation itself gave Butler that opportunity. He was playing slot corner against WR4 Lockette and all corners are asked to play inside leverage in that situation, so they can prepare to help out and possibly make a tackle against the run or defend the quick slant (which he did perfectly).

You don't worry too much about the goal line fade, especially if you're a slot corner, because a small receiver like Lockette isn't going to be successful at that type of out-breaking route when lined up inside (plus, that would take too long to develop). Only guy who was a threat for that is Kearse and he was lined up outside.

As a slot corner you shade inside 100% of the time in that situation, and Butler did and made the correct break on the ball. Lockette was their smallest and worst receiver, I don't think it was that hard of a play IMO.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Russell Wilson was playing in his second SB in his first three seasons. As we know 1-1 and a yard away from 2-0.

Fran Tarkenton 0-3
    Jim Kelly 0-4
    John Unitas 0-1 (didn't start)
    Dan Marino 0-1
    Dan Fouts never played in a SB
    Warren Moon never played in a SB

All in the Hall of Fame

Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford have never won a SB.

Soon Wilson will be voted in the top 15 (10?) NFL players heading into 2018. Was ranked 17 in 2017.

What the guy has accomplished if talking stats, playoffs, wins in unmatched in pro football history for a guy with his experience or lack of it.

Only football know nothings could/would criticize this amazing QB.

Those in the know pretty much go with....

Current

Rodgers/Brady
    Brees
    Big Ben

Right here we start talking Russell Wilson

Keep in mind when the players vote Wilson in at 12ish, don't be.......what the do they know. That could be said abourt Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin and the above, right?
    Last edited by Avante; 06-03-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Next up the Top 30 NFL Players, and still no Russell Wilson.

So it appears this football fan who has seen them all since the late 50's sees Wilson as a future HOFer and currently the 4th/5th best QB in the NFL. The players agree.

Only one not getting this thinks Tom Savage is.........hahahaha~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 06-06-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Thread Information