Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Hate all you want, but between this and Daytona, Kanye is still rap’s alpha. Ghost Town is maybe his best song ever.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 06-03-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DAYTONA is great. Ye didn't hook me other than Ghost Town, but I've only listened once. The rest just felt like a half-baked suicide note.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Gonna be funny watching MAGAland drool over this now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    DAYTONA is great. Ye didn't hook me other than Ghost Town, but I've only listened once. The rest just felt like a half-baked suicide note.
    I felt underwhelmed on first listen, but a couple times later I feel it’s at least on par with his mid-tier albums like 808’s or Pablo. It’s better when considered as a duo album with Daytona.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Gonna be funny watching MAGAland drool over this now
    rofl Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson in the office yelling “I’ma need to see ya in hands at the concert!” and Steve Doocy doing awkward white guy dancing.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Tweakin', tweakin' off that 2CB, HAAAAH?
    Is he gon' make it? TBD, HAAAAH.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My boy swears Daytona is his AOTY, but at 21 minutes long??

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Ye is trash and Daytona is decent. Nipsey Hussle and Cyhi still dropped my favorite projects of the year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ye is trash and Daytona is decent. Nipsey Hussle and Cyhi still dropped my favorite projects of the year.
    Rap s has to be the best beat of the year too, IMO.. I'll take your word that Ye is trash.. I can't listen to Daytona because I hate Kanye beats

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    My boy swears Daytona is his AOTY, but at 21 minutes long??
    It goes hard as the entire 21 minutes. It’s something that would probably get exhausting to listen to for an hour.

And not to get all cranky old man here, but these short 20 minute “albums” are smart and probably the future of music albums when you consider the attention span of younger generations.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    I'd rather have glorified EPs with 20 minutes' worth of focused tracks than these two-hour behemoths that other rappers are releasing to game the streaming platforms.

Besides, the reason why these projects are so short is because Kanye is releasing so many of them in a relatively short timeframe. Daytona and ye are already out, Kids See Ghost is coming out next, and he's also producing an album for Nas.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What would I be doing where this garbage works? Working in the yard? Sure my neighbors wanna hear that . Nobody in the family will be too thrilled listening to garbage. I guess if I were a 15 year old black boy with no clue about anything, ok, that might work.

I can only think of a million more talented musical artists that these dumb ass rappers.

If ya know music, really understand music how could ya not see the crap there?

80% of my ginormous music library is black, so save white guy don't like black music, ok? I start with primitive black blues from the 20's, then here comes Louis Jordan, Cab Calloway, Fats Waller, The Ink Spots in the 40's, .....Billie Holiday. Those Doo-Wop vocal groups of the 50, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Bo Diddley, then here comes MoTown. Funk, Soul, R&B.

This rap totally sucks, and only a musical re wouldn't see that.

Talent

You don't outgrow that sound, ya better out grow that silly this, that rap crap, if ya don't........sad situation. Trust me I own some gross rap , yep, was curious, got over that curiousity real quick. I kept thinking.........I could be listening to some good music instead.

Ya wanna hear some real music some talent, check out a black church choir. And it ain't got a damn thing to do with being religious.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-04-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

The Five Blind Boys From Alabama have an incredible sound. So much great music out there, so much talent, to have to listen to garbage......why? You really down there on that level, really?

Serious talent

When ya finally mature and grow up, there will be no rap crap in your life, you will finally rise above that crap, wait and see.

Very serious talent

Last edited by Avante; 06-04-2018 at 03:42 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mom....so whatcha listening to sweetheart?
    Sweetheart...Let Me Smell Yo
    Mom..ok dear, have a nice day at school.

Is anyone ever going to figure out that stupid isn't the best thing for young people to be listening to? No? No wonder we see all the problems we do with blacks. Why so damn classless, so ing low rent? Why wallow around in the gutter?

Judy....ah....was that really....smell yo ....really?
    Avante....yep, pretty cute, huh? Kinda bouncey, huh?
    Judy....I pity these kids today, they don't stand a chance. They have nobody looking after them and it's sad. Grown men peddling that garbage, targeting young people, something should be done to stop it. Now toss that junk.
    Avante....tossed.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-04-2018 at 04:17 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I gotta roll with Avante here. Rap sucks big time now adays. I still enjoy the music to dance to, but I cannot stand the lyrics or rap words, or what eva tha you call it. Its pure trash basically. Incoherent rambling, cussing like a sailor, not finishing words or sentences, it just pure garbage IMHO. No talent required. Example Rap Song: Walk it like I talk it

Really? If I made that exact same song, I would have been laughed out of the studio and that tune would have never seen soundcloud let alone the radio.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    he's also producing an album for Nas.

A real rapper and a real producer. That's a rarity in this age of "rap".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    old got ging up another thread

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wonder how much of Kanye’s political leanings will skew the view of his album?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It goes hard as the entire 21 minutes. It’s something that would probably get exhausting to listen to for an hour.

And not to get all cranky old man here, but these short 20 minute “albums” are smart and probably the future of music albums when you consider the attention span of younger generations.
    They're definitely the future. You will see other artists shortening their "albums" to 6-7 songs too. I don't care for Kanye, but he does have some good ideas. The idea to use Whitney's bathroom for Daytona was brilliant IMO because he basically got all the marketing needed for 85k, then Drake taking the bait and dropping a response the next day was just an added bonus.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I gotta roll with Avante here. Rap sucks big time now adays. I still enjoy the music to dance to, but I cannot stand the lyrics or rap words, or what eva tha you call it. Its pure trash basically. Incoherent rambling, cussing like a sailor, not finishing words or sentences, it just pure garbage IMHO. No talent required. Example Rap Song: Walk it like I talk it

Really? If I made that exact same song, I would have been laughed out of the studio and that tune would have never seen soundcloud let alone the radio.
    What do you expect? I'm assuming you're 30+ like me.. This mainstream trash is being put out by guys in or barely out of high school. Old school acts like Z-Ro are still putting out fire and he's like 41.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What do you expect? I'm assuming you're 30+ like me.. This mainstream trash is being put out by guys in or barely out of high school. Old school acts like Z-Ro are still putting out fire and he's like 41.

It's not the age of the artists that makes rap suck as bad as it does now, it's a combination of the message in MSR, the lack of lyricism and the fact more songs have a manufactured feel that follows a simple recipe to make a "hit". It's been that way since basically people started believing Lil Wayne really was "the greatest rapper alive".

Ye is a garbage rapper, but an extremely awesome, and groundbreaking, producer. His best "rap" is well behind him but you can't fault him for being smart enough to be so profitable and old in such a ty state of the music and culture.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    old got ging up another thread
    Dumbass still too stupid to figure out these are discussion forums and everybody has an opinion.

So just ignore how ed up this is? Stupid, kids listen to this , ok dummy?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get we have a bunch of ....don't care....black guys here who get a nut listening to garbage. They fail to see the big picture.

Kaepernick took a knee over social injustics, pretty much cops mistreating blacks. Why so many blacks in trouble, why so many blacks in our prisons? How many of you reading this were raised by mom or granny? How many of the rappers came from fatherless homes? All this /garbage music hurts an already ed up situation. And anyone with half a brain knows this.

I just guessed at this, yep...

Dr Dre

Early life

Young was born in Compton, California, the first child of Theodore and Verna Young. His middle name, Romelle, is derived from his father's amateur R&B singing group, The Romells. His parents married in 1964, separated in 1968, and divorced in 1972

I have nine close friends who are black. Three of them were raised in a stable home with mom and dad, the others by just mom, or granny or relatives. Yep, the three from a stable home far better off in every aspect of life. The stats proving what happens to kids in fatherless homes, not good. The last thing they need is music.
    Last edited by Avante; 06-04-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well I'll be damn, what do ya know?

Once again I really had no idea.

Early life

Kanye Omari West was born on June 8, 1977, in Atlanta, Georgia.[5][6] After his parents divorced when he was three years old he moved with his mother to Chicago, Illinois.[7][8] His father, Ray West, is a former Black Panther and was one of the first black photojournalists at The Atlanta Journal-Cons ution.

Let's see about Snoop Dogg.

Yep, here it is again.

Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.[9][10] was born in Long Beach, California,[10][11] the second of three sons.[12] He was named after his stepfather, Calvin Cordozar Broadus Sr. His mother is Beverly Broadus (née Tate).[13][14][15] His father, Vernell Varnado,[14] was a Vietnam veteran, singer, and mail carrier who was frequently absent from his life.[16] As a boy, Broadus's parents nicknamed him "Snoopy" because of his appearance but usually addressed him as Calvin at home.[11][17] His mother and stepfather divorced in 1975. When he was very young, Broadus began singing and playing piano at Golgotha Trinity Baptist Church. In sixth grade, he began rapping.[18][19] Broadus's father left the family when he was three months old. A DNA test read by George Lopez on Lopez Tonight revealed Broadus to be of 71% African, 23% Native American, and 6% European descent.[20]

So what rapper came from a stable well to do family setting, hmmmm?
    Last edited by Avante; 06-04-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tupac

HA~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shakur was born on June 16, 1971, into an African-American family in the East Harlem section of Manhattan in New York City.[14] His birth name was Lesane Parish Crooks.[15][16][17] The following year, he was renamed after Túpac Amaru II,[18][19] the 18th-century Peruvian revolutionary who was executed after leading an indigenous uprising against Spanish rule.[20]
    His parents, Afeni Shakur (born Alice Faye Williams in North Carolina) and Billy Garland, were active members of the Black Panther Party in New York in the late 1960s and early 1970s.[21] Lesane was born a month after his mother was acquitted of more than 150 charges of "Conspiracy against the United States government and New York landmarks" in the New York Panther 21 trial.[22][23]
    Many people in Shakur's life were involved with the Black Liberation Army; some were convicted of serious criminal offenses and imprisoned, including his mother. His godfather, Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt, a high-ranking Black Panther, had been convicted of murdering a school teacher during a 1968 robbery, although his sentence was later overturned. His stepfather, Mutulu Shakur, spent four years at large on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, beginning in 1982. Mutulu was wanted for having helped his friend (no relation) Assata Shakur (also known as Joanne Chesimard), Tupac's godmother, to escape from a penitentiary in New Jersey in 1979. She had been imprisoned since 1977 for killing a state trooper in 1973. She lived as a fugitive for several years before gaining asylum in Cuba in 1985. Mutulu was caught in 1986 and eventually convicted and sentenced to prison for the 1981 robbery of a Brinks armored truck, during which two police officers and a guard were killed.[24]
    Shakur had an older stepbrother, Mopreme "Komani" Shakur, and a half-sister, Sekyiwa, two years his junior. Mopreme performed in many of his recordings.[25]

Thread Information