Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Oh god, I dont even know where to start. Lets just get to the point 1.175/10. One horrible piece of doo-doo that I wasted almost 3hrs of my life on.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Beautiful movie to look at. Good acting. That's about where it ends.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Kept me interested. Gosling was a natural in that movie. I'll see it again. Villanueve is establishing himself as a top (relatively) new director.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Kept me interested. Gosling was a natural in that movie. I'll see it again. Villanueve is establishing himself as a top (relatively) new director.
    Are your serious? I guess to each his own. I think they could have lopped off at least an hour on the movie. It drug on for like decades.

The special effects and scenery were awesome, I can say that.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought it was great and a huge improvement over the original.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Can't think of a more immersive movie experience in the past few years. It was definitely long -- thank goodness for movie recliners -- but it was a really beautiful looking movie. Sure the story was thin with holes but so was the original tbh. I don't know if Gosling was playing to type as a relatively emotionless android, but he was surprisingly good. Still trying to figure out why Jared Leto is a thing. Hope they keep giving Villeneuve money to make cool stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good movie and very strong in the sci fi

Definitely not a movie for any regular Avenger watching joe

You actually have to use your cerebral cortex to understqnd this one

Solid 8 out of 10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Are your serious? I guess to each his own. I think they could have lopped off at least an hour on the movie. It drug on for like decades.

The special effects and scenery were awesome, I can say that.
    For me the tension and story kept me super into it, made the 3 hours seem to go quickly.
    I had never seen that director's movies before, and recently watched Prisoners, Enemy, and Sicario. The dude's really good at drawing out tension and keeping the pace even with longer movies. I haven't seen Arrival yet, but will soon.
    Also very stoked that he's supposedly being signed up to remake the next Dune movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can't think of a more immersive movie experience in the past few years. It was definitely long -- thank goodness for movie recliners -- but it was a really beautiful looking movie. Sure the story was thin with holes but so was the original tbh. I don't know if Gosling was playing to type as a relatively emotionless android, but he was surprisingly good. Still trying to figure out why Jared Leto is a thing. Hope they keep giving Villeneuve money to make cool stuff.
    Felt like Leto should have had more of a role....I suspect some scenes were left on the cutting room floor. We'll await a director's cut.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    This.

Anybody thinking this is cerebral sci-fi plot was pretty bland and not all that deep, at least compared to the original. Sure, it’s more thoughtful than Marvel or Star Wars, but that doesn’t mean much.

And I’m done with all the neverending tracking shots of Ryan Gosling slowly pacing down a hallway, looking wide-eyed at something in the distance. It’s a meme at this point.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Felt like Leto should have had more of a role....I suspect some scenes were left on the cutting room floor. We'll await a director's cut.
    Everbody hates the Leto character, but I felt he was the most intriguing person in the film by a mile. Probably all backlash due to his godawful Joker performance. Would be cool to see more of him in a director’s cut.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everbody hates the Leto character, but I felt he was the most intriguing person in the film by a mile. Probably all backlash due to his godawful Joker performance. Would be cool to see more of him in a director’s cut.
    He had more lines in that youtube short than the actual sequel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Blade Runner 2049 was the best movie of last year. Go your mother.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Blade Runner 2049 was the best movie of last year. Go your mother.
    Convinced me there man.

Thread Information