Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Kobe really embraced the challenge, he would have let the Nets or Hornets draft him instead of forcing his way to the Lakers. He also wouldn't have quit on his team and demanded a trade when times got tough post-Shaq.

Kobe was no better than Durbeta on dealing with challenges and adversity.

Tbh all I’m hearing on message boards, social media, and radio is lebron never passed Kobe. I disagree but the loss is nothing shy of deveststing for Lebrons career. 6 losses are inexcusable collectively but individually each has an explanation

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tbh all I’m hearing on message boards, social media, and radio is lebron never passed Kobe.
    You need to stop listening to 710AM and stop reading Lakersground, then. Nobody other than Laker homers and Kobe stans is legitimately ranking Kobe above LeBron.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You need to stop listening to 710AM and stop reading Lakersground, then. Nobody other than Laker homers and Kobe stans is legitimately ranking Kobe above LeBron.
    Espn radio, realgm, YouTube comments, IG comments

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Durbeta surpassed Kobe on draft day 2007, tbh.
    heck, i think durbeta already passed kobe the moment senior durant was visually stimulated in mommy durant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Espn radio, realgm, YouTube comments, IG comments
    There's your problem. I mean... YouTube comments? Really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    main thing kobe has over durant is narrative at this point... kobe was an all-time scorer but durant is simply a better scorer. kobe was known for his midrange game but durant is a much better midrange shooter.

kobe at his peak was a better on-ball defender, but durant has become one of the league's better help defenders. kobe's defense became harden-level bad in his later years, even pre-achilles tear, we'll see what happens with KD

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's your problem. I mean... YouTube comments? Really?
    Tbh I'm 99% sure Lebron comes back next year and beats these warriors, wins 2 more rings and retires. The key is he retires on the final ring and doesnt stick around too long ala Kobe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    main thing kobe has over durant is narrative at this point... kobe was an all-time scorer but durant is simply a better scorer. kobe was known for his midrange game but durant is a much better midrange shooter.

kobe at his peak was a better on-ball defender, but durant has become one of the league's better help defenders. kobe's defense became harden-level bad in his later years, even pre-achilles tear, we'll see what happens with KD
    BTW Kev said this just 5 days ago.

”It’s a tie between MJ and Kobe. They’re two guys that I think are a head above everybody else that ever played the game. Just their will to win is something that’s contagious and makes you a better player as an opponent as well.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a fan of Durant's game. He gets points, but it just looks off. I would still take Dr. J or the Iceman before Durant. Those dudes would tear up the modern game.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    personally, i dont give a .
    Like i said before what sucks for him he might be the 2nd greatest SF ever ...but happened to have a big chunk of his career being 2nd best to the GOAT SF ...

as someone posted earlier they (Kobe/KD) play two different positions anyway.

but i do find it cute that after LeBron gets swept there is a bunch of ...
    "Well he still s on Kobe"
    "MJ couldnt even get these Cavs to the Finals"
    "Jordan was swept in the first round ..."
    "kobe stans better watch it KD os surpassing him"

Guys are meant to be surpassed and records are meant to be broken...KD is cool with me ...Bird fans ate the ones who should be worried in the the past 10 years he went from GOAT SF to possibly 3rd ...

none of this changes who the overall GoAt is ...the air is still rare ...Lebron gave it a good push but has come up short, happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's interesting to hear player's opinions on Kobe, because they rarely talk about him in terms of his skills. It's usually about his compe ive spirit and assassin-like mentality. I can see where they come from. As a player, I'd much rather play against LeBron, because Kobe will make the game personal, and go at me constantly. I'm more likely to get worn out/embarrassed. As a coach, I'd much rather play against Kobe, because it's harder to gameplan against a guy who is a genetic freak with incredible scoring AND passing ability.

As for the point of this thread, I still hold Kobe over Durant, but not by much. Kobe was a more versatile scorer, better passer, and he wasn't a coward. Durant was more efficient though, and in some ways tougher to defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Athlete opinions good now.

Durant grew up watching and to a degree idolizing kobe. Of course he thinks highly of him

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    none of this changes who the overall GoAt is
    Agreed. LeBron is still the GOAT.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's interesting to hear player's opinions on Kobe, because they rarely talk about him in terms of his skills. It's usually about his compe ive spirit and assassin-like mentality. I can see where they come from. As a player, I'd much rather play against LeBron, because Kobe will make the game personal, and go at me constantly. I'm more likely to get worn out/embarrassed. As a coach, I'd much rather play against Kobe, because it's harder to gameplan against a guy who is a genetic freak with incredible scoring AND passing ability.

As for the point of this thread, I still hold Kobe over Durant, but not by much. Kobe was a more versatile scorer, better passer, and he wasn't a coward. Durant was more efficient though, and in some ways tougher to defend.
    With all due respect, if you guys don’t overall put kobe ahead of Durant it visibly highlights your extremist biased against Kobe. Sometimes you guys are like Muslim extrmists biased. I know the guy on most your teams and had visible flaws but he knew how to win with a good team. He also knew how to keep a good team around him unlike like lebron does. Give the guy some
    ing credit. Tracy McGrady is really good and he couldn’t get passed the first ing round with ming, Ron artest, battier, Rafael Alston, etc. Kobe is a god tbh and you guys r in severe denial

like I said I have lebron as my 2nd GOAT, Duncan #4-5 and Kobe #7-8. I don’t think you guys are realistic at times

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We all know he is already a better player than Kobe ever was, but are his accomplishments already enough to dethrone 12? I'd say they are, tbh. He already matches Kobe's individual award, so the tiebreaker would be the fact that KD is a clearly superior player, imho. Similar to what happens with Olajuwon, who is also ranked ahead of Bryant.
    We don't care at ALL about your bull views on anything. Tammy is a got and ole is now 3-6...that's it and that's all. I hope the Dubs reel off 2-3 more for all I care. As long as Tammy and Bron dont ring again I'm good. the rest of yall's dumb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all due respect, if you guys don’t overall put kobe ahead of Durant it visibly highlights your extremist biased against Kobe. Sometimes you guys are like Muslim extrmists biased. I know the guy on most your teams and had visible flaws but he knew how to win with a good team. He also knew how to keep a good team around him unlike like lebron does. Give the guy some
    ing credit. Tracy McGrady is really good and he couldn’t get passed the first ing round with ming, Ron artest, battier, Rafael Alston, etc. Kobe is a god tbh and you guys r in severe denial

like I said I have lebron as my 2nd GOAT, Duncan #4-5 and Kobe #7-8. I don’t think you guys are realistic at times
    The question in this thread wasn't Kobe vs. McGrady. That debate ended in 2005 or 2006. Kobe is still better than Durant, but it's closer now than it was previously, which is to be expected. Durant has made improvements in his game by being able to post up now, improving his pullup jumper, and improving as a committed defender, all while going b2b with b2b Finals MVPs. He's a top 15 talent of all time, easily. His only downfall is his laughably pathetic compe ive spirit.

FWIW, Kobe is in my top 10, around 9-10, and I've routinely defended him on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. The GOAT doesn't get mystified when teams switch a PG onto him. Fact: LeBron has only won a championship when he has played with two other sure-fire All Stars.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That ship sailed for the consensus. But whatever makes you hAppy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Kobe really embraced the challenge, he would have let the Nets or Hornets draft him instead of forcing his way to the Lakers. He also wouldn't have quit on his team and demanded a trade when times got tough post-Shaq.

Kobe was no better than Durbeta on dealing with challenges and adversity.
    when will you start making sense ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agreed in principal but beyond intellectually dishonest to cite Durant’s Shooters but not Kobe’s frontlines.
    shaq amazing , pau amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superior player in what way? That hes the 3rd best shooter on the team?
    Durant is better than Kobe at pretty much everything, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no. The GOAT doesn't get mystified when teams switch a PG onto him. Fact: LeBron has only won a championship when he has played with two other sure-fire All Stars.
    The 2016 Cavs only had 1 All-Star IIRC..beating a 73-win team, down 3-1, without any other All-Stars vs. a team with 3 All-Stars is probably the most impressive feat in playoffs history IMO..
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 06-10-2018 at 08:51 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

fair points agree with most of this ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We don't care at ALL about your bull views on anything. Tammy is a got and ole is now 3-6...that's it and that's all. I hope the Dubs reel off 2-3 more for all I care. As long as Tammy and Bron dont ring again I'm good. the rest of yall's dumb
    Kool, on dat Pusha T ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    personally, i dont give a .
    Like i said before what sucks for him he might be the 2nd greatest SF ever ...but happened to have a big chunk of his career being 2nd best to the GOAT SF ...

as someone posted earlier they (Kobe/KD) play two different positions anyway.

but i do find it cute that after LeBron gets swept there is a bunch of ...
    "Well he still s on Kobe"
    "MJ couldnt even get these Cavs to the Finals"
    "Jordan was swept in the first round ..."
    "kobe stans better watch it KD os surpassing him"

Guys are meant to be surpassed and records are meant to be broken...KD is cool with me ...Bird fans ate the ones who should be worried in the the past 10 years he went from GOAT SF to possibly 3rd ...

none of this changes who the overall GoAt is ...the air is still rare ...Lebron gave it a good push but has come up short, happens.
    Boom! This. I could give two s less about KD "passing Kobe" because I see what he's doing to the Kang.

By the way, it's kinda funny how Kang stans are:

Thread Information