6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    if houston was the bar, lakers with bron/george and a few pieces could challenge the warriors tbh. even if they stuck with hart, kuzma, ball and ingram, that’s going to be a legit team. i expect huge things from ingram this year and his stats suggest his trajectory is on the upwards.

people don’t realize the lakers were 12th in defensive efficiency with ball and ingram missing 56 games (combined) as well as kcp/lopez/hart missing another 20+ games.

they play well, they just never had a closer often relying on kcp and kuzma to close games for them.
    That's nice and all, but come playoff time, "Playoff P" will choke, all those bums the Lakers drafted will shrink from the moment, and it will be LeBron all by himself against the Warriors just like it was in Cleveland this year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tbh, at least he's consistent - unlike LkrFan, who's clowning LeBron one minute and begging for him the next.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers fan saying they don't want LeBron. 'Yes, I'd rather eat a sandwich than have that lobster over there.'

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make sense on any level, but who knows what LeBron wants, maybe there's something we don't know about or aren't seeing

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want LeBron in LA, stay in the east or go to the got clippers.
    sorry sounds like he's going to the got lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make sense on any level, but who knows what LeBron wants, maybe there's something we don't know about or aren't seeing
    Wade was saying LeBron was going to pick lifestyle, probably since there is no team he can go to and win since Houston will never be able to clear space for him. Plus he thinks the city of Houston is a hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ba-free-agency

ESPN not even try to hide the lakers fandom
    @ laker fanbois over the media hates us and the league is out to get us
    the league not bending over backwards everytime for us means they favour the opposition
    20 fts in the fourth quarter of elimination games is totally normal.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ba-free-agency

ESPN not even try to hide the lakers fandom
    @ laker fanbois over the media hates us and the league is out to get us
    the league not bending over backwards everytime for us means they favour the opposition
    20 fts in the fourth quarter of elimination games is totally normal.
    The Lakers are the only team in sports that has the entire media playing GM for them every year and openly begging every star free agent to sign with them. Just comical that any Laker fan would think the media hates them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wade was saying LeBron was going to pick lifestyle, probably since there is no team he can go to and win since Houston will never be able to clear space for him. Plus he thinks the city of Houston is a hole.
    I have heard that to but I wonder what about Houston that he hates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm a Lakers player I don't want Lebron there. Lebron makes other players appear irrelevant. You take a good player and put him on a team with Lebron, and Lebron has a mediocre Lebron game that blows away the good player's best nights before Lebron got there. So good player now appears expendable. GMs see that as a way to just have players and pay one guy all the money. Plus, any team looking at you in a possible free agency deal would consider how weak you looked compared to Lebron. This is why players shrink in the moment when paired with stars, and why teams like Boston rise to the occasion when no real stars are on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers are the only team in sports that has the entire media playing GM for them every year and openly begging every star free agent to sign with them. Just comical that any Laker fan would think the media hates them.
    this

You watch the segment about "where will Lebron go" and the backdrop has "Lakers" colors and logo and shows Lebron over it, then they act like they don't have any bias towards LA.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Spur fan should celebrate Laker not attack them. Without Laker in the 80s revitalizing the TV product, the league folds and Tim Duncan becomes nothing more than a mechanic in the virgin islands while Poop continues wiping for Larry Brown as a college assistant coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not really comical when half the fanbase is legally re ed. They really feel that LBJ will sign for that cesspool with the most inept management or that the Spurs would trade a Top 3 Player for their trash. You're going to, at very best, end up with a broken down Boogie and a Top 5 Loser in Paul George and they will win as many games as that pile of of a roster has been winning the last three seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not really comical when half the fanbase is legally re ed. They really feel that LBJ will sign for that cesspool with the most inept management or that the Spurs would trade a Top 3 Player for their trash. You're going to, at very best, end up with a broken down Boogie and a Top 5 Loser in Paul George and they will win as many games as that pile of of a roster has been winning the last three seasons.
    Chuncko the re ed phanbase has reasons to believe.
    Kwame Brown for MVPau.
    30 rigged FTs when about to be eliminated.
    Derek Swisher let out of his contract to skate over to the Flamers.
    Kream Jabbar for Dave Meyers.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Eh, Lakers would be an ideal destination for Lebron. It offers the best balance between lifestyle and work at this point in his life. The Lebron- MJ debate is officially dead anyway, so might as well pursue other interests and prepare for his career post-retirement.

I do believe it’s going to be a mistake, because it’s a bandaid solution but I understand the Lakers needs an adrenaline shot more than any other franchise.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They really feel that LBJ will sign for that cesspool with the most inept management.
    Pelinka has done wonders in such a short amount of time. Trading an underperforming player in Russell and Mozgov’s immovable $64 million contract for an expiring and a lottery pick. He followed that up by dumping another gross contract in Clarkson while obtaining additional expiring contracts and another first round pick.

In less than a year, he dumped $84 million without receiving any guaranteed contracts in return + 2 first round picks. That’s brilliant

Their new management has been far from inept, to suggest they are is dishonest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelinka has done wonders in such a short amount of time. Trading an underperforming player in Russell and Mozgov’s immovable $64 million contract for an expiring and a lottery pick. He followed that up by dumping another gross contract in Clarkson while obtaining additional expiring contracts and another first round pick.

In less than a year, he dumped $84 million without receiving any guaranteed contracts in return + 2 first round picks. That’s brilliant

Their new management has been far from inept, to suggest they are is dishonest.
    Wait? They didn't draft Lonzo Ball? They've landed the X amount of stars that they whiffed on?

To claim a few salary dumps (of players they had to settle for) is going to undue the mess they've done the last few years is disingenuous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shady AF tbh.
    Think this was another Laker *move*

Sopranos or somebody had Nets balls, oversaw the *trade*.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Wait? They didn't draft Lonzo Ball? They've landed the X amount of stars that they whiffed on?

To claim a few salary dumps (of players they had to settle for) is going to undue the mess they've done the last few years is disingenuous.
    Do you even know how difficult it is to dump salary and receive first round picks in the same process? Spursfan would be rejoicing if Buford could replicate the same with Gasol and Patty Mills.

Ball is also going to be a legit All-Star caliber player. I’m willing to put a wager on that. Name your price.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you even know how difficult it is to dump salary and receive first round picks in the same process? Spursfan would be rejoicing if Buford could replicate the same with Gasol and Patty Mills.

Ball is also going to be a legit All-Star caliber player. I’m willing to put a wager on that. Name your price.

They still have Magic. They still have Fredo Buss calling shots. They still have Luol Deng under contract. They are still the cesspool trying to recover from Kobe's rape and pillage of the franchise.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    sorry sounds like he's going to the got lakers
    Not anymore sounds like he's coming to the got Spurs, while we take kawhi off your hands.. damn that just sting!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not anymore sounds like he's coming to the got Spurs, while we take kawhi off your hands.. damn that just sting!
    Wow can we get a blood transfusion from Magic too in the trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Lebron definitely had a talk, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Lebron definitely had a talk, tbh.
    Ya, that could very well be it..what a confusing time that would be for us

Thread Information