Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's dissect this strawman.

Step 1: the actual position:

Put simply: taking children away from their parents is unnecessary and cruel, i.e. evil.

Step 2: the distortion:
    Go to the standard definition of strawman:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Here DMC subs utes the "they are talking about and complaining about getting children into AC" for "it is bad to tear children from their parents unnecessarily", then adding the mocking commentary at the end.

That is about as clear of an example as it is possible to get.
    So the US is putting kids in cages?

Do these cages have walls, central AC, pool tables, large screen TVs and "antiseptically clean" living conditions?

You lead with a strawman and mislead with images of kids in cages and orange jumpsuits.

Just admit you're full of and that you just regurgitated a talking point you lazily stumbled across in your collection of liberal site bookmarks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...so dead kids are not a big deal? Sounds like you are attempting to say it isn't. If you are trying to say that, then shame on you. It's the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed for you.
    Obviously you prefer that to having them in "cages". Perhaps you need to explain your hysteria and arm waving antics ITT (and elsewhere).

You really have become a dishonest individual, to the point where even liberals disown you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Julia, a nurse, said that some of the people running away suffered broken limbs when they fell off of the roofs of homes or jumped wooden privacy fences. She said one man had broken his legs, so she kept him isolated and gave him water and Tylenol.

But they were in a tractor trailer rig, not some ing ISIS cage being tortured by long sticks and burned alive on camera. Are you saying you want kids burned alive on camera? Because if you are, you need to explain yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's new about about JeBo's policy is that asylum seekers entering the country are now automatically classified as criminals (no charge, no judge, no conviction), which "forces" JeBo/Nielsen to (selectively) obey the law and separate the kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No kids are being kept in cages. That is hyperbole on your part. Many are detained and kept in secure facilities, even some with fencing as shown in your link. That is not a cage though.

"its not a cage, its just a fenced in enclosure"

Well, let's go with that.

I don't think that ANY kids should be kept in fenced in enclosures. I also don't think they should be concentrated into outdoor camps in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do these cages have walls, central AC, pool tables, large screen TVs and "antiseptically clean" living conditions?

You lead with a strawman and mislead with images of kids in cages and orange jumpsuits.

Just admit you're full of and that you just regurgitated a talking point you lazily stumbled across in your collection of liberal site bookmarks.
    Talk about projecting.

The comparison was made with ISIS, because it was easy to do so. I think we should think long and hard about how and what we do with the children in our care, and if anything we do tends to look like something ISIS would, that should give us pause.

Feel free to outline the strawman. If I have done so, I would prefer to know it, as I try hard not to do so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously you prefer that to having them in "cages". Perhaps you need to explain your hysteria and arm waving antics ITT (and elsewhere).

You really have become a dishonest individual, to the point where even liberals disown you.
    Yet another strawman. It's like you just can't help yourself. I do not prefer dead children to children in cages. Not sure why you would want to say such a thing, unless the intent was to, yourself, be dishonest.

Were you trying to be dishonest?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Once again, to be clear:

My larger point, and the thing I am most bothered about is the forced, unnecessary separation of children from their parents caused by the Trump administrations decision to prosecute everybody, including asylum seekers, for crossing the border.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One mother reports she was nursing her baby when Trash/JeBo Schutzstaffel took the baby away.
    and? you cry foul but don't cry about the fact that these people are illegally entering our country. yeah, forget they are trespassing but what about the kids!!! cry some more.

won't happen.

they're brown, they're so-called criminal trespassers, don't speak English.

Trash/JeBo/Nielsen don't GAF.

Anyway there's no $Bs available, gave it all to the oligarchy.

The Trash/Repug ing CHAOS continues, day by day.

I read that Trash breaking int'l trade agreements, adding tariffs may be a prelude to the nuke option: pulling out of the WTO
    oh so the ogliarchy, far-left liberal re s newest learned word in the last yr or 2, just so happen to establish itself the minute djt became president and not when trendy fairy boy bho was in office or prior? the boogeyman is gonna get you!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 20-per-cent rise in children being held has brought the facilities to the brink of capacity, with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) now looking at building tent cities at military bases to hold thousands more minors.
    These facilities have, because of administration policy been forced beyond intended capacity.

Mr Soboroff, one of the first reporters allowed to tour Casa Padre after the zero-tolerance policy was introduced, said most children slept five to a room in dormitories designed only for four.

The government has allowed the centre, a converted supermarket run by private firm Southwest Key, to exceed that limit because of overcrowding.

“Kids here get only two hours a day to be outside in fresh air,” Mr Soboroff said. “One hour of structured time. One hour of free time. The rest of the day is spent inside a former Walmart.”
    He added: “I have been inside a federal prison and county jails. This place is called a shelter but these kids are incarcerated.

“No cells and no cages, and they get to go to classes about American history and watch [Disney film] Moana, but they’re in custody.”
    Texas regulators have found hundreds of health violations, including a lack of supervision and medical care, at shelters for migrant children run by Southwest Key.

The policy of separating detained immigrant parents from their children has been driven by attorney general Jeff Sessions, who hopes it will dissuade families from crossing the border.

“If people don’t want to be separated from their children, they should not bring them with them,” he said in an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt last week.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8398051.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration 'planning to put thousands of migrant children in tent cities'
    Existing shelters nearly full after number of unaccompanied minors swells under government's 'zero-tolerance' policy

The US government is reportedly planning to build tent cities to house thousands of migrant children separated from their families after entering the country.

The Trump administration is considering erecting temporary shelters at military bases to accommodate the growing number of unaccompanied minors detained after crossing the border illegally.

Many entered the country seeking asylum but were torn from parents who are now in prison or facing prosecution under the government’s new “zero-tolerance” policy.

The number of migrant children held in US custody has grown by a fifth since the Trump administration began an aggressive campaign to deter illegal immigration.
    That has included reports last month that the US had “lost” nearly 1,500 children who had arrived in the United States alone, seeking shelter from violent cir stances at home. The Department of Health and Human Services has argued that it is not their responsibility to keep track of children who are placed with sponsors of family in the United States, and that it is possible that those families might move or otherwise attempt to go off the grid to avoid deportation risk.

Other issues have popped up recently with reports that US immigration forces have begun to regularly separate families arriving at the border, pulling children from their parents — and in some cases they have even allegedly done so without notifying the family members what is happening.
    The practice of removing children from their families at the border has been pushed for by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who has argued that doing so is an attempt to dissuade future migrants from attempting to cross the border with their children. The uptick in separations appears to be the result of a policy implemented last month seeking further prosecutions of these types of cases.

While immigration and civil rights groups have called the practice inhumane, and that it violates protocols for treating immigrants and asylum seekers, the Trump administration has been supported by Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who said that the measures are unavoidable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I go to another country illegally i would be separated from my kids might even be shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, to be clear:

My larger point, and the thing I am most bothered about is the forced, unnecessary separation of children from their parents caused by the Trump administrations decision to prosecute everybody, including asylum seekers, for crossing the border.
    you want the president to bury his head in sand and pretend everything is ok?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way Happy Flag day !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    remember how hunter s. thompson was memorialized at his "funeral".... sounds like a great idea for immigration law at the border. let the circus commence!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.
    ^^^ you're not special except for being a re .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some other photos of children in cages.

http://therightscoop.com/new-isis-ph...to-burn-alive/ (ignore the URL, it is a debunking link, but this is how ISIS treated kids)

"its not a cage, its just a fenced in enclosure"

Well, let's go with that.

I don't think that ANY kids should be kept in fenced in enclosures. I also don't think they should be concentrated into outdoor camps in Texas.
    They should be in their home countries instead of being brought illegally into this one. Of course your hyperbole is on full display. See above. So ICE should let these unaccompanied minors roam free? Is that your solution or are you just being a dip like always?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another misleading image from you.

This is from June 2014 when Obama was president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...so dead kids are not a big deal? Sounds like you are attempting to say it isn't. If you are trying to say that, then shame on you. It's the kind of thing that makes me embarrassed for you.
    if they were not crossing the boarder illegal in hot sun they would not be dead
    we can stop that with a wall and help the kids!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's another misleading image from you.

This is from June 2014 when Obama was president.
    looks like a dog run but protects kids from other kids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by boutons_deux
    One mother reports she was nursing her baby when Trash/JeBo Schutzstaffel took the baby away.

if a lady legal citizen was at mcdonalds nursing a baby the left would have a fit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.9 The commandments...are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b]10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if a lady legal citizen was at mcdonalds nursing a baby the left would have a fit
    what, for going to McDonald's?

Thread Information