Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have only been doing this vastly expanded policy for a month or so.

This is going to be a humanitarian disaster, and the longer it continues, the greater the chance that some child will die in one of these centers, and the greater the chance that will be due to negligence of some sort on the part of overwhelmed caregivers.

I am deeply ashamed of my country for this. It is evil. Period.

WASHINGTON
    The Trump administration is looking to build tent cities at military posts around Texas to shelter the increasing number of unaccompanied migrant children being held in detention.

The Department of Health and Human Services will visit Fort Bliss, a sprawling Army base near El Paso in the coming weeks to look at a parcel of land where the administration is considering building a tent city to hold between 1,000 and 5,000 children, according to U.S. officials and other sources familiar with the plans.

HHS officials confirmed that they’re looking at the Fort Bliss site along with Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene and Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo for potential use as temporary shelters.

The aggressive plan comes at the same time that child shelters are filling up with more children who have been separated from their parents. The number of migrant children held in U.S. government custody without their parents has increased more than 20 percent as Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen rolled out the administration's new policy zero tolerance policy that separates children from their parents who now face prosecution.

More than 10,000 migrant children are being held at HHS shelters, which are now 95 percent full.

The Trump administration has blamed Congress for allowing loopholes that require federal authorities to release illegal immigrants to await hearings for which many don’t show up.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein at a roundtable last month with Trump charged that those loopholes also prevent the administration from quickly deporting unaccompanied children.

“It can take months and sometimes years to adjudicate those claims once they get into the federal immigration court system, and they often fail to appear for immigration proceedings,” Rosenstein said. “In fact, approximately 6,000 unaccompanied children each year fail to appear when they've been summoned. They're released and they don't show up again.”
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...213026379.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Traumatize families, esp young kids, even toddlers, with the PTSD damage lasting a life time, by separating the kids from the "criminal" parents because "It's The Law!"

The Repugs are hiding their racism and xenophobia behind that lie of "It's The Law"

"some child will die in one of these centers"

How many of the 1500 kids "lost" by "we washed our hands" DHS are now being sex trafficked?

These Repug crimes against humanity are what you Trash/Repug supporters voted for, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the illegals would learn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youd think the american rednecks would learn to pick some fruit and not die doing meth tbqh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youd think the american rednecks would learn to pick some fruit and not die doing meth tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddam

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'They Could Hear the Children Screaming’: Lawmaker Details Trump Administration's Horrifying Treatment of Immigrant Kids and Mothers

"I have worked on immigration issues for 20 years, and this is about as bad as I've seen it."

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) detailed Tuesday night the horrifying conditions of immigrant families who have been split apart by President Donald Trump's administration

She described her recent visit to a prison where many of these immigrants are being kept, and

many of the immigrants said that the prison was the best place they had been so far,

providing a frightening impression of the conditions of the facilities run by ICE and the border patrol.

"They were sitting in a room next to the room where their child was being held in some cases, and they could hear the children screaming for their parents," Jayapal said. "Heartbreaking. And

their treatment in the ICE and border patrol facilities was just outrageous.

"In many cases, they were not given water to drink for five days.

They had a sink in their cell, and that water was dirty chlorinated water, and that's what they had to drink.

One woman said she was hit twice by border patrol right here just below her eye on her cheekbone."

asylum-seekers have not broken any laws.

"They are strong courageous women escaping rape, gang violence, murder, political persecution, coming to the United States," she said. "They want to do this legally."

they apparently have no reliable system in place to make sure they can maintain contact between family members

"Some of the women had been given these little slips of paper,

white slips of paper, that had their name and then their kids' names," she said.

"And one woman said to me, 'These are not my children.'

The names that were listed on the paper were not even her children."

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/they-could-hear-children-screaming-lawmaker-details-trump-administrations

Trash's / Repugs' AmeriKKKa ING SUCKS

This what you Trash / Repug supporters voted for, right? Humans treated like animals?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-13-2018 at 05:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Humans treated like animals?
    hopefully, yes.

it's part of the sell, tbh. revenge is justice.

cruelty sells about as well as sex on the internet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are newspapers and cable TV for?

to publicize violence and mayhem.

to spread fear and stoke communitarian frenzy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pedo OP talking about erecting in front of children.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a prison camp for children.

sounds about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you not educate their stupid parents not to come to
    A law abiding country illegally and make their kids suffer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds about right.
    Would you rather we deport them right away instead of waiting 2 years to get their trail before we kick them and parents out of here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds about right.
    Would you rather we just leave them in the streets and not feed them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds about right.
    Would you use your kids as an excuse to break laws and cry you have to be separted from them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds about right.
    You do realize 80 percent of almusy cases are fraud and they get to get the out of the great USA with President Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

sounds about right, your lame excuses for it totally notwithstanding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(shrugs)

Welcome to Trumps America, where conservatives can finally, truly be themselves, and wallow in the pig of their own moral bankruptcy, just as long as it triggers the libs.

I have pretty much given up treating any conservative who isn't openly critical of Trump with any respect. Either you do something about evil, or you are complicit, and no one, not even ducks, is trying to make the "but it isn't really evil argument". Even they know it is, they just dont' want to admit it.

That says a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be tent cities for US homeless too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also:

Keep in mind this is punishing kids for something their parents did. That is the most important take away here, because it clears away all the pissy attempts at rationalization rather effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you use your kids as an excuse to break laws and cry you have to be separted from them
    So, if I am speeding, should the police drag my kids out of the car and beat them with batons? I did something illegal.

yes or no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some other photos of children in cages.

http://therightscoop.com/new-isis-ph...to-burn-alive/ (ignore the URL, it is a debunking link, but this is how ISIS treated kids)

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I have a hard time feeling too sorry for this tbh. If you don’t want your kids treated like this, don’t come into the country illegally. If anything, they should be shipping these kids back to their home countries and let their government deal with them. I’m sure they’d love an American tent city at that point.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you not educate their stupid parents not to come to
    A law abiding country illegally and make their kids suffer
    I have a hard time feeling too sorry for this tbh. If you don’t want your kids treated like this, don’t come into the country illegally. If anything, they should be shipping these kids back to their home countries and let their government deal with them. I’m sure they’d love an American tent city at that point.

Legally crossing the border and asking for asylum isn't illegal.

Thread Information