Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1653
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concentration Camps?

Trump Is Taking US To An Evil Place

Every American, including native-born whites, should be alarmed about the advancing Trump administration plans to build mass detention facilities,

which could fast be turned into concentration camps to hold opponents of Trump policies.

Abundant signs reveal Trump administration planning for mass roundups.

News of these plans is out there but easily missed in the endless flurry of stories about Trump White House chaos.

The Trump administration acknowledges planning on mass detention camps designed, initially, to hold 20,000 people.

plans to build concentration camps to hold 94,000 people in California alone.

the Trump administration is preparing to round up as many people as it suspects because they are not Anglo or African American, but appear to be Latino or Middle Eastern.

Our Cons ution is a piece of paper. The liberties of the people depend on office holders acting with respect for it.

This was exactly what Trump promised voters, at least as it applies to people who are in the country without permission or live here with permission but have any record, even an unpaid parking or traffic ticket.

During the campaign,

Trump said again and again that he would round up every person.

When critics pointed out that perhaps 11 million such people live in America, Trump didn’t back off, he doubled down.

Trump campaign’s written statement was more cautious, but still chilling: “Illegal aliens apprehended crossing the border must be detained until they are sent home, no more catch-and-release.”

Think mass roundups of people Trump regards as enemies can’t happen here? Who would stop it?

the president is commander-in-chief and

the civilian bureaucracy, like all bureaucracies, does as it is told.

ICE’s own data reveals that it has seized about 1,000 lawful residents including a father only because of his Hispanic features,

To build popular support for mass detentions, dictators and would-be dictators rally crowds with language designed to dehumanize people

Trump launched his campaign in 2015 calling Mexicans who enter the United States, legally or not,
    murderers and rapists.

This year he has called some Latino people
    “animals” and “vermin,”

For years he insisted he had proof that former President Barack

Obama was illegally holding office because he was born in Kenya, a lie that surveys show millions of Americans still believe.

Trump calls journalists “enemies of the people,” another slogan often used to justify rounding up and executing people en masse as well as to discredit inconvenient facts.

ICE agents in Memphis arrested a Latino journalist, Manuel Duran, in what his lawyers say was retaliation for his reporting on policing issues including immigration enforcement.

Why is Honduras such a scary place?

The failed but ongoing American war on drugs,

which corrupts some of our police, prosecutors and judges. It also

corrupts whole countries including Honduras and Guatemala,

from which many families seeking asylum come.

That our government-trained right-wing death squads,

who bragged of their work to my late colleague Laurie Becklund
    during the Reagan era,

only adds to the reasons decent people flee north.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/concentr...an-evil-place/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detaining immigrant kids is now a billion-dollar industry

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Detaining immigrant children has morphed into a surging industry in the U.S. that now reaps $1 billion annually — a tenfold increase over the past decade, an Associated Press analysis finds.

Health and Human Services grants for shelters, foster care and other child welfare services for detained unaccompanied and separated children

soared from $74.5 million in 2007 to $958 million in 2017.

The agency is also reviewing a new round of proposals amid a growing effort by the White House to keep immigrant children in government custody.

Currently, more than 11,800 children, from a few months old to 17, are housed in nearly 90 facilities in 15 states

Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Washington.

They are being held while their parents await immigration proceedings or, if the children arrived unaccompanied, are reviewed for possible asylum themselves.

In May, the agency issued requests for

bids for five projects that could total more than $500 million for beds, foster and therapeutic care, and “secure care,” which means employing guards.

More contracts are expected to come up for bids in October.

HHS spokesman Kenneth Wolfe said the agency will award bids “based on the number of beds needed

to provide
    appropriate care for minors in the program.”
    The agency’s current facilities include locations for what the Trump administration calls “tender age” children, typically under 5.

Three shelters in Texas have been designated for toddlers and infants.

Others — including in tents in Tornillo, Texas, and a tent-and-building temporary shelter in Homestead, Florida — are housing older teens.

https://apnews.com/289b015df6e94ac6b...s=mcnewsletter

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing sick administration.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60M+ racists, xenophobes, white nationalists (and Prison Industrial Complex) voted for racist Trash.

Trash is a symptom, not a cause.

And the Repug politicians are complicit with their silence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NRA Complaint: Child Detention Centers Are ‘Too Nice’

The NRA is promoting the ridiculous allegation that children who’ve been ripped apart from their families are being held in facilities that are “too nice.”

Chuck Holton, a
    correspondent for the gun extremist organization’s propaganda outlet, NRA-TV, made the extraordinary claim

Holton then took his argument further and said, “I’ve visited those facilities. Those facilities, if anything, are too nice.”

“I’ve visited those facilities. Those facilities, if anything, are too nice.”

The facilities have not been open to independent inspection

and several senators
    have been barred from entering. Only government-approved photos and videos have come out of them.

The bizarre NRA commentary is in line with how the extremist organization has oriented itself, especially during the Trump era.

The NRA
    invested millions in Trump’s campaign and has served as his attack dog ever since.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/nra-comp...-are-too-nice/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump closed a little-known door for family reunification, leaving refugees stranded

The demise of the program was just the latest

rollback under President Trump of an Obama-era humanitarian relief initiative.

The current administration has abruptly ended programs including the

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and

a case management programmeant to keep asylum-seeking families out of detention.

The so-called Central American Minors program was created in late 2014 in response to a surge of tens of thousands of unaccompanied children fleeing violence in the region.

The program was billed as a safe alternative to a dangerous journey north through Mexico.

It allowed immigrants who were lawfully present in the U.S. to apply for refugee status or humanitarian parole on behalf of their children under age 21,

as well as their own spouses and grandchildren living in

El Salvador,

Guatemala or

Honduras
    . (aka "the Northern Triangle"

The program failed to stem the flow of unaccompanied children.

But it worked as a way to reunite some families.

Doris Meissner — who led the Immigration and Naturalization Service from 1993 to 2000 and now serves as director of the U.S. immigration policy program at the Migration Policy Ins ute — said that

“the CAM program, as modest as it was, was always an effort to create a safer way of coming to the United States for people who actually had an eligibility to come.”

“Cutting that off simply worsens what it is [the Trump administration] say that they’re trying to deter.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...s=mcnewsletter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that separating young children from their parents causes long lasting neural damage to the kids,

and then keeping them in cages with lights on 24 hours/day with no hygiene attention, no fresh clothes, etc

is absolutely TORTURE.

And then there is the so-called food, the cheapest, tiest, profit-maximizing food.

Trash/JeBo/Miller/Kelly are ing TORTURERS of children, toddlers, infants, because that's what the racist Trash base wants and admires in their "strong" leader.

NOT MY ING PRESIDENT

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-19-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Takes Millions From Health Programs to Fund Family Separation Policy

The soaring costs have pushed the officials to

siphon nearly US$200 million from the Department of Health and Human Services

to prepare for the next months.

The U.S. administration's "zero tolerance" policy, which has led to the separation of thousands of immigrant families,

has cost nearly US$40 million over the course of two months,

an amount equivalent to the yearly budget for U.S. foreign aid to El Salvador,

The soaring costs have pushed the officials to siphon nearly US$200 million from other HHS accounts to prepare for the next months.

According to the report, the Department of Health and Human Services, HHS, has been forced to divert over US$200 million from other programs.

Housing the nearly 2,500 children reportedly costs US$1.5 million per day,

with additional costs for reuniting the children with their families.

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...0719-0009.html

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Trump Takes Millions From Health Programs to Fund Family Separation Policy

The soaring costs have pushed the officials to

siphon nearly US$200 million from the Department of Health and Human Services

to prepare for the next months.

The U.S. administration's "zero tolerance" policy, which has led to the separation of thousands of immigrant families,

has cost nearly US$40 million over the course of two months,

an amount equivalent to the yearly budget for U.S. foreign aid to El Salvador,

The soaring costs have pushed the officials to siphon nearly US$200 million from other HHS accounts to prepare for the next months.

According to the report, the Department of Health and Human Services, HHS, has been forced to divert over US$200 million from other programs.

Housing the nearly 2,500 children reportedly costs US$1.5 million per day,

with additional costs for reuniting the children with their families.

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...0719-0009.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter. They don't care about the illegals. The Dems only care about the illegals' votes and the Repubs only care about getting rid of the illegals so they can't vote for the Dems.
    People in the country illegally can't vote.

FAIL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. My goof. Meant more along the lines Dems want to get them a tenable status here en masse so they can start voting like we're seeing the support for allowing non-citizen legals vote locally, which I don't mind at all. I feel the act isn't genuine tho and it feels Tammany Hall -huckster and great, more taxes to scalp from, but also a huge injection of lower class, impoverished into the population. You get them to vote locally and you set precedent for them to vote for Federal elections which scares the out of Repubs who have a very delicate handle on their voters as is.

I think the act is completely disingenuous on both sides- Dems don't care about the immigrant community they pander to beyond getting their vote and the Repubs dont care about the citizens they pander to with the "illegal aliens are here to take yur jerbs" boogeyman, it's just their only recourse to offset the Dems using Tammany Hall tactics.
    As a Democrat:

Bull .

Take your lazy cynicism and shove it right up your ass, if you think that Democrats only concern is votes over actual human beings.

No Democrat I know has expressed or even hinted that we should have any given policy just to get more votes. Our overall concern is for the well-being of our fellow humans. I personally don't give a flying who they might or might not vote for.

The right thing to do is the right thing to do. Feel free to present ANY off-camera remarks from ANY Democratic politician to support your theory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a Democrat:

Bull .

Take your lazy cynicism and shove it right up your ass, if you think that Democrats only concern is votes over actual human beings.

No Democrat I know has expressed or even hinted that we should have any given policy just to get more votes. Our overall concern is for the well-being of our fellow humans. I personally don't give a flying who they might or might not vote for.

The right thing to do is the right thing to do. Feel free to present ANY off-camera remarks from ANY Democratic politician to support your theory.

Shove it up your ass. Tell me 1 thing, 1 thing they've done that wasn't partisan-fueled that was altruistic to the minorities they pander to? Tell me 1 thing they do to bridge the class gap that has worked and that shows thought and care.

AGAIN you're trying to align morality with partisanship, so you and YOUR lazy, anti-Republican cynicism and "I'm this so I know I'm doing what's right". The fact is, they aren't doing . The largest gap class districts are almost entirely exclusive to Demos.

Why is inner city violence an issue they ignore when gun violence is brought up? What is their plan of action to give Hispanics a better life than just shoving them into poverty when they get here? NOTHING. It's Tammany Hall huckstership. Instead of standing by the docks with a bowl of soup and some propaganda leaflets, they're telling them some feel good words and telling them the guy who wants to put a fence up is the bad man.

The Republicans do the same , but to a different audience. But go yourself because you think your party is acting in the best interest of their people instead of the best interest of the party. You're not a better person on what you say, you're a better person on what you do. We're a country first and the house is a mess, but the guy and party you hate more and villianize more hasn't tanked his turf the way your team has tanked California, Chicago, Detroit or New York. But...but, Kansas, right? But...but, coal and the rust belt, right? HAHAA on them, right? Ya good ing people laugh at the havenots because that's good people. GTFO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    starts on the local level first and the Dems show on a local level they don't care. You can try and cite your "they are fixing what the Repubs screwed up" bull but when it's this way in traditionally held Demo strongholds, that holds no water. 8 years of Schwartz screwed up a state that was is Blue a majority of it's recent history? The class gap expanded 8 years of a booming economy, a surplus and balanced budget?

C'mon man...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shove it up your ass. Tell me 1 thing, 1 thing they've done that wasn't partisan-fueled that was altruistic to the minorities they pander to? Tell me 1 thing they do to bridge the class gap that has worked and that shows thought and care.

AGAIN you're trying to align morality with partisanship, so you and YOUR lazy, anti-Republican cynicism and "I'm this so I know I'm doing what's right". The fact is, they aren't doing . The largest gap class districts are almost entirely exclusive to Demos.

Why is inner city violence an issue they ignore when gun violence is brought up? What is their plan of action to give Hispanics a better life than just shoving them into poverty when they get here? NOTHING. It's Tammany Hall huckstership. Instead of standing by the docks with a bowl of soup and some propaganda leaflets, they're telling them some feel good words and telling them the guy who wants to put a fence up is the bad man.

The Republicans do the same , but to a different audience. But go yourself because you think your party is acting in the best interest of their people instead of the best interest of the party. You're not a better person on what you say, you're a better person on what you do. We're a country first and the house is a mess, but the guy and party you hate more and villianize more hasn't tanked his turf the way your team has tanked California, Chicago, Detroit or New York. But...but, Kansas, right? But...but, coal and the rust belt, right? HAHAA on them, right? Ya good ing people laugh at the havenots because that's good people. GTFO.
    Let's stop here for a second, and I will set aside any partisanship.

Who has the burden of proof in this case?

The statement is: "Democrats only do things for minorities because they want votes, not because they have altruistic motives".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immigrant Shelters Drug Traumatized Teenagers Without Consent

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/im...out-consent-2/

JOSEF MENGELE approves

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immigrant Shelters Drug Traumatized Teenagers Without Consent

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/im...out-consent-2/

JOSEF MENGELE approves
    That's ing sick. Repugs abusing kids since the start of time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash forcibly drugging kids is all part of God's Plan before End Times

Evangelical Christians Try to Defend Their Support of ‘Sinner Trump’ in Stunning Interviews: 'We Rationalize the Immoral Things Away'

Christians in the Bible Belt voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump. How do they reconcile his actions with their beliefs?

“Oh, I feel like the Lord heard our prayers and gave us a second chance before the end times,”

he was directed to vote for Trump by the “Holy Spirit.” “That’s why we have the Holy Spirit,” Green explained.

Saying his support of the president is “like a gut feeling” despite Trump’s failings.

Green went so far as to defend Trump’s Un-Christain comments about taking strangers in, referring to when the president reportedly asked, “Why are we having all these people from hole countries coming here?”“

Jesus Christ was born in Nazareth, and Nazareth was a hole at that time,”

Green rationalized. “Someone might say, ‘How could anything good come out of a place like that?’

Well, Jesus came out of a place like that.”

“A lot of his actions I don’t agree with,” she stated.

“But we are not to judge.”

“George Washington had a mistress. Thomas Jefferson did, too. Roosevelt had a mistress with him when he died. Eisenhower. Kennedy.”

he is willing to look the other way because he believes Trump is anti-choice.

“I hate it,” he explained.

“My wife and I talk about it all the time.

We rationalize the immoral things away.

We don’t like it, but we look at the alternative, and think it could be worse than this.”

Hillary Clinton, who they described as “Of Satan.”

“She hates me,” Drew confided .

“She has contempt for people like me, and [First Baptist Pastor Clay Crum], and

people who love God and believe in the Second Amendment.

I think if she had her way it would be a dangerous country for the likes of me.”

https://www.alternet.org/evangelical...we-rationalize

America is ed and un able, with many 10Ms of people like the above.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some scary so-called religious from these people

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cfafbc8b4444

I don't care what they believe, but voting for Trash and Repugs to destroy USA, I give a big ing .

These people have NO ING IDEA what's going on

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Violent Coup Fails in Nicaragua, U.S. Continues Regime Change Efforts

The violent coup in Nicaragua has failed.

This does not mean the United States and oligarchs are giving up, but this phase of their effort to remove the government did not succeed.

The coup exposed the alliances who are working with the United States to put in place a neoliberal government that is controlled by the United States and serves the interests of the wealthy.

People celebrated the failure of the coup but realize work needs to be done to protect the gains of the Sandinista revolution.

The people of Nicaragua showed their support for the democratically elected government of Daniel Ortega with a massive outpouring in Managua in a celebration of the 39th anniversary of the Sandinista Revolution.

In addition to the mass protest in Managua, various cities had their own, in some cases very sizeable. ones.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/violent-coup-fails-in-nicaragua-u-s-continues-regime-change-efforts/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jiggery-pokery in Port Isabel, TX:

“They're treating them like they're processed out of the facility already but they're still there,” Carson said. “They're still locked up. They're still detained. They can't leave. So all they've done is take away their communication and all of the other things that, according to detention standards, they have rights to.”
    https://www.texastribune.org/2018/07...n-south-texas/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kafkaesque:

The migrant parents in limbo at Port Isabel are given a three-letter designation, used internally by some officers, that highlights the uncertainty of their plight: ATW, according to Goodwin, or all the way out.

Except they’re not.

“It says [ATW] on their system when I go to visit them, but they're physically still there,” Goodwin said of her clients at Port Isabel. “I’ve gone twice to see them and the officers tell me, ‘Nope, you can’t seem them, not here … Can’t find them in the system’.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. says 463 migrant parents may have been deported without kids

More than 450 immigrant parents who were separated from their children when they entered the United States illegally are no longer in the country though their children remain behind,

As of Monday, 879 parents had been reunited with their children, according to the filing.

About 2,500 children were separated from their parents after the Trump administration announced a “zero tolerance” policy in April aimed at discouraging illegal immigration.

The policy was ended in June amid an international outcry about the government’s treatment of immigrant children.

On Monday, the government also said 917 parents were either not eligible to be reunited or not yet known to be eligible to be reunited with their child.

That number includes parents no longer in the country as well as those deemed unsuitable because of criminal convictions or

for other reasons.

Immigration advocates have expressed alarm about parents deported without their children, saying it can create problems with the children’s immigration cases.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...2F+Top+News%29

Repugs up everything they touch, intentionally, mostly for profit.

Destroying families of asylum-seekers, torturing them psychologically, and in cases, damaging them permanently. How many of the "lost" kids are now being sex trafficked?

This is what racist Trash's racist base wanted.

And still the so-called Christians who support Trash, along with the Repugs, remain complicit in their silence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ICE Forcing Parents of Kidnapped Children to Pay $8 a Minute to Talk to Them

thank Ajit Pai, Trump’s

for his fierce support of the price-gouging from the two companies that dominate telecommunication across all of America’s detention and correctional facilities.

These companies are raking in profits due to Trump treating thousands of refugees as criminals and detaining the separated families in cramped detention facilities.

According to NPR and the Texas Tribune, cash-strapped migrants are being forced to pay up to $8 a minute just to talk with their children.

"I am only to call when I have money, but when I do not have money, I am not able to communicate with my children," [the migrant mother] declared, adding that the calls are sporadic and often the phones do not work.

A spokesperson for DHS provided Buzzfeed a statement

denying that parents of children are being gouged,

stating “calls between detained parents in ICE custody and their children are facilitated at no charge to detainees.

This, however,

does not jibe with multiple accounts provided lawmakers and several
    court filings from grieving parents.

Like Trump, ICE has a bit of a credibility problem:

this is the same agency that
    put out a statement that

screaming migrant mothers were moved to a distant soccer field during the DHS chief’s visit for recreational reasons

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

Asylum seekers, welcome to AmeriKKKa, a predatory shark pit where everybody is trying everybody else out of their money. It's The American Way, non-stop venality.

Thread Information