My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is pretty much giving Putin anything he could wish for.

I wonder why? (not really)

Trump Just Blew Up the G7. Now What?
    With his call to invite back Russia and his refusal to sign the final statement, the U.S. president showed his true colors.

fore President Donald Trump embarked to meet his fellow Group of Seven leaders in Canada last Friday, he presaged that he was going to play the spoiler at the summit and, potentially, wreck the G7 itself. In a brief but pugnacious press conference, he objected to Vladimir Putin’s ouster from the group of top democracies in 2014 in the wake of Russia’s annexation of Crimea and occupation of Eastern Ukraine.

Putin should be allowed back, Trump argued, “because we should have Russia at the negotiating table. You know, whether you like it or not, and it may not be politically correct, but we have a world to run.”

Yes, the U.S. and Russia should get back to the negotiating table, squared off on either side and hammering out agreements to stem a burgeoning arms race and other serious and dangerous issues. But not under the au es of the G7. That gathering is meant to solidify policies on the basis of shared values and interests. If Putin were there, he would not be in a cooperative. Quite the contrary, he would render the group ineffective.

And yes, “we have a world to run,” but the set of nations and leaders for that first-person plural pronoun that Trump has in mind is not the G7, given his hostility to America’s allies and affinity to dictators and populist ultranationalists. An ominous portent was Trump’s refusal to endorse the summit communique and his acidic tweets aimed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (the charge: “false statements”)

Russia’s eviction four years ago was not a matter of political correctness. Rather, it was – and still is – an ideological and geopolitical imperative, consistent with the reason that Russia was elevated to the G8 21 years ago.

That was a different Russia in a different world and, sadly, one led by a different United States.

The origin of a G8 goes back to the Reagan administration in the 1980s. Mikhail Gorbachev was ending the Cold War and trying to convert the Soviet Union to a normal, modern state that would integrate into global economy and a rule-based international order. He hoped that the major democratic states would bring him into their fold, at least as an associate member.
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...es-next-218668

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin is too smart and cut throat to ever truly buddy up to a guy so easily swayed by a current mood.
    Trump would get his throat slashed in that Kremlin group. Way unstable for Putin to feel comfortable imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin is too smart and cut throat to ever truly buddy up to a guy so easily swayed by a current mood.
    Trump would get his throat slashed in that Kremlin group. Way unstable for Putin to feel comfortable imo.
    Pootin's goal, planet wide, is to destabilize so-called democracies in favor of autocracies, to be befriended, like his hole autocracy Russia

Pootin isn't depending on Trash as an ally or friend.

Trash is Pootin's so far extremely reliable tool to up America, up America's international relations, and agreements.

Stay and continue the chaos, or get removed from office, Trash is achieving Pootin's his objective of ing up America, degrading America in the eyes of the planet, and thereby comparatively elevating his own hole country.

So far, the only direction that Trash's "mood swaying" hasn't swayed is in the direction of pro-Pootin, pro-Russia.

There, Trash has been extremely focused on praising Pootin and Russia while being crazy, unstable, chaotic in all other directions.

Pootin's Misssion Accomplished (and ongoing accomplishing )
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-13-2018 at 06:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin, the mastermind, still pulling all the strings in Lib land.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin's goal, planet wide, is to destabilize so-called democracies in favor of autocracies, to be befriended, like his hole autocracy Russia

Pootin isn't depending on Trash as an ally or friend.

Trash is Pootin's so far extremely reliable tool to up America, up America's international relations, and agreements.

Stay and continue the chaos, or get removed from office, Trash is achieving Pootin's his objective of ing up America, degrading America in the eyes of the plaent, and thereby comparatively elevating his own hole country.

So far, the only direction that Trash's "mood swaying" hasn't swayed is in the direction of pro-Pootin, pro-Russia.

There, Trash has been extremely focused on praising Pootin and Russia while being crazy, unstable, chaotic in all other directions.

Pootin's Misssion Accomplished (and ongoing accomplishing )

LOL, bat angry sociopath conspiracy theories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, bat angry sociopath conspiracy theories.
    Russia has been trying to drive a wedge in NATO and the west since Putin came to power.

Trump's actions and words have done exactly that. I think it is mostly a coincidence, but some of the direct actions on favoring Russia, less so.

It is very hard to dismiss out of hand, and that annoys me to no end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is mostly a coincidence
    holy ing , WAKE THE UP

"coincidence" ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin, the mastermind, still pulling all the strings in Lib land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its putins fault USA put in a gazillion sanctions on them, destroyed Libya to create ISIS, and supported jihadis in Syria to make Iran stronger

Yeah hes behind all that :

Thread Information