Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To think The MLS is less than 25 years old and now to join the MLS you need crazy money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To think The MLS is less than 25 years old and now to join the MLS you need crazy money.
    To go watch you almost need to be above the poverty line but not quite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To go watch you almost need to be above the poverty line but not quite.
    Get this fat talk out of here.

ing obese people shouldnt be allowed in sports forums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get this fat talk out of here.

ing obese people shouldnt be allowed in sports forums.
    A 90 pound man in your country is known as "Bubba".

3rd world discussion trying to blossom after real sports have concluded. Don't you have a wheel to roll with a stick, or some pasty squash looking to mash up with a wooden pin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 90 pound man in your country is known as "Bubba".

3rd world discussion trying to blossom after real sports have concluded. Don't you have a wheel to roll with a stick, or some pasty squash looking to mash up with a wooden pin?
    Mcdonalds is 24/7. Stop posting in this thread just because you havent had your big mac fix doesnt mean you have to post here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mcdonalds is 24/7. Stop posting in this thread just because you havent had your big mac fix doesnt mean you have to post here.
    This is the NBA forum. The povertyball forums are elswhere, Impalea _9(inches)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the NBA forum. The povertyball forums are elswhere, Impalea _9(inches)
    You havent touched a basketball in your life, fatso.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You havent touched a basketball in your life, fatso.
    You haven't had a new pair of shoes in your entire life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that means it will surpass Basketball, as well. Soccer won't though. The match vs. Trinidad only drew 460K on television. That's like Saturday women's golf ratings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, though. Why do soccer fanboys constantly insist soccer is the "sport of the future" here? (been hearing this since the '94 World Cup, and before that, in the 70s when Pele came stateside). Here's an example. Important World Cup qualifying match between Mexico and the USA last year. This is the biggest rivalry in North American soccer, and the argument I keep hearing is that as Mexican immigration increases, so will soccer's popularity. I would guess there's 15-20 million illegal or 1st generation immigrants living in the States right now (Mexican-Americans who've been here for multiple generations do not give a about soccer). And yet, this "big match" that would have everyone in Brazil and Argentina huddled around the village televisions drew a pathetic 2 million (all those Mexicans obviously weren't watching). Worse than: NHL Finals, Horse racing, Random baseball game on Fox, Golf, and Nascar.

Another example. Seattle is probably the biggest MLS market in the US, with one of the most passionate fanbases. The opening Sounders match drew 2.4 in that market. A terrible Mariners team drew an average of 4.88 last season, and baseball has 600 games.

Is it marginally more popular here than it was 20 years ago? Sure. But it's not poised to displace any of the Big 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Soccer has surpassed baseball everywhere except North America and that won't change.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    oh look a graph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American re s say the same thing every 4 years

Truth is they dont get soccer. They cant fathom a sport where there are nonconstant breaks where they can go sit on the toilet or go buy more nachos and beer

If there are less points scored than platters of nachos eaten, which is 6 or 7 per half, their heads explode

Real truth is the world is better off with them not being too into soccer. We dont want them to it up by inserting 50 timeouts so they can refill their enormous bellies and sell their garbage thru commercials
    Last edited by hater; 06-14-2018 at 07:05 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I actually think the sport is in very solid footing in the U.S right now. It might never catch football and basketball, but soccer is here to stay in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American re s say the same thing every 4 years

Truth is they dont get soccer. They cant fathom a sport where there are nonconstant breaks where they can go sit on the toilet or go buy more nachos and beer

If there are less points scored than platters of nachos eaten, which is 6 or 7 per half, their heads explode

Real truth is the world is better off with them not being too into soccer. We dont want them to it up by inserting 50 timeouts so they can refill their enormous bellies and sell their garbage thru commercials
    Yeah, re , that's why we actually have a sport with more flow. It's called ice hockey.

"After watching this I can see why North Americans don't like soccer."

https://youtu.be/FKiydEbrHuk

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Also Colin Cowturd: "Matt Stafford is better than Aaron Rodgers."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, re , that's why we actually have a sport with more flow. It's called ice hockey.

"After watching this I can see why North Americans don't like soccer."

https://youtu.be/FKiydEbrHuk
    hockey is not “yours” re

You didnt even invent it

Thats like LA Ligua gots claiming soccer is their

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hockey is not “yours” re

You didnt even invent it

Your dumbass stated "we don't get soccer" because in your dip mind, you think Americans lack the ability to understand a sport that is continuous, with few breaks. Yeah, that's why the NHL is firmly the 4th most popular league in the country while the MLS struggles to beat the WNBA in ratings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year’s championship was highlighted by Game 5 of the WNBA Finals on ESPN2, which averaged 902,000 viewers (including streaming audience)
    On the English-language ESPN broadcast, the MLS Cup Final match averaged 803,000 viewers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your dumbass stated "we don't get soccer" because in your dip mind, you think Americans lack the ability to understand a sport that is continuous, with few breaks. Yeah, that's why the NHL is firmly the 4th most popular league in the country while the MLS struggles to beat the WNBA in ratings.
    Yup and hockey is a niche sport here in US just like soccer

Face it, you fat s cant keep your attention over 5 consecutive minutes without geeting up to the toilet or going for more cheesefries

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Soccer would be better if it didn't stick so much to tradition and accepted some nuances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup and hockey is a niche sport here in US just like soccer

Face it, you fat s cant keep your attention over 5 consecutive minutes without geeting up to the toilet or going for more cheesefries
    Hockey isn't niche. Niche is stuff like billiards, which the MLS also loses to in the ratings

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    hockey is not “yours” re

You didnt even invent it

A Canadian team hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1993. Hockey is ours now.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Even basketball could change, like altering the foul out rule (why foul anyone out? Just shoot techs and put the ball out on the side AND call the game as you see it) and no 8-second rule (you have a shot clock anyways) or backcourt violation. Why these rules, along with the 5-second call, exist above the high school level I'll never know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soccer would be better if it didn't stick so much to tradition and accepted some nuances.
    Soccer has already been "solved."

You can use hands and feet. Full contact. And like all great sports, you can take the lead from a deficit in a single possession due to multiple scoring options (1 point for through the uprights, 3 points for a proper goal). Not popular worldwide because the Irish didn't obviously have an empire like the English.

Thread Information