Page 119 of 745 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers haul is the best, realistic resolution to this bull tbh. Unfortunately, Spurs only have about 24 hours to get it done. Otherwise, they better be prepared to hold him until the trade deadline.
    Not to mention if it happened, LeBron could sign there

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my opinion as to what happened. The Spurs and Kawhi (uncle) met. The Spurs asked what do we have to do for you to be a Spur next season and beyond? Kawhi (uncle) responds saying we want the $219 extension. Spurs respond saying that isn't happening until next season after you qualify again because we want to see just how healthy you are and how well you play in the 2018/2019 season. Kawhi (uncle) then says then trade me/us, preferably to the Lakers.

Second meeting takes place and the Spurs this time offer an extension, but not the $219 million. Kawhi (uncle) says no thanks and says trade me/us to L.A.

I think Kawhi will sign if the Spurs somehow offer the $219 million, but doubt the Spurs want to because of his injury and because of all the drama that has taken place.

So now the Spurs will trade him to a team that offers the best package. Just my opinion.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers haul is the best, realistic resolution to this bull tbh. Unfortunately, Spurs only have about 24 hours to get it done. Otherwise, they better be prepared to hold him until the trade deadline.
    I disagree. The Lakers will necessarily take themselves out of the hunt if LeBron signs there, and then Boston and Philly are real options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs know what is going on, have for a while, unlike Leonard’s amateur hour team, aren’t showing their hand.

Star players sign free agent contracts with different teams all the time. Players ask for trades all the time.

What doesn’t happen all the time is for players with two years left on their contracts to fake injuries and sit out the season while collecting $19 million, then demanding an immediate trade to a specific destination and fabricating bull reasons why.

If Kawhi just wanted to play for the Lakers, he could play out his contract and sign there in 2019. If he just wanted out of SA, he’d accept a trade to a number of teams.

I think the plan was to back the Spurs into a corner and be so cancerous that they’d be glad just to get rid of him for Ingram, Kuzma, picks, and Luol Deng’s contract, so the Lakers would still have enough cap space to add LeBron and Paul George too. As though the Spurs would be suckered into helping build the next superteam, like some cucked husband settling for whatever tchotchkes his wife lets him take, while giving her the house, cars, bank accounts and half his paycheck in the divorce settlement because “it’s for the good of the kids” and “let’s just move on.” The Spurs aren’t frickin’ Blake.
    holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's my opinion as to what happened. The Spurs and Kawhi (uncle) met. The Spurs asked what do we have to do for you to be a Spur next season and beyond? Kawhi (uncle) responds saying we want the $219 extension. Spurs respond saying that isn't happening until next season after you qualify again because we want to see just how healthy you are and how well you play in the 2018/2019 season. Kawhi (uncle) then says then trade me/us, preferably to the Lakers.

Second meeting takes place and the Spurs this time offer an extension, but not the $219 million. Kawhi (uncle) says no thanks and says trade me/us to L.A.

I think Kawhi will sign if the Spurs somehow offer the $219 million, but doubt the Spurs want to because of his injury and because of all the drama that has taken place.

So now the Spurs will trade him to a team that offers the best package. Just my opinion.
    Dennis probably asked for a no-trade clause so they could get the $219 million and still force a trade to the Lakers in a year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not hard to see alternate scenario where Leonard plays last season, is Mr. Model Team Player, and the Spurs end up giving him the supermax. If he was concerned about what direction the Spurs would take after Pop retires then negotiate a player option. All signs point to his Uncle screwing things up badly which will end up costing Leonard a large amount.
    Business 101

Never mix family and business..especially if the person is pretty much a groupie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. The Lakers will necessarily take themselves out of the hunt if LeBron signs there, and then Boston and Philly are real options.
    Ainge will low ball and doesn't have much incentive to move Tatum or Brown. I'm not interested in anything Philly has outside of the 10th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dennis probably asked for a no-trade clause so they could get the $219 million and still force a trade to the Lakers in a year.
    Has to be in the back of Pop and Rc Buford's minds for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There was something about a no-trade clause, also, which the Spurs refused. , the GSW refused to give one to Curry last summer. Who TF does Kawhi think he is?

He's not getting $213M. Only the Spurs could give it to him, and they won't. There is no trust left at all. The Spurs think it's a ploy to get the SuperMax, and THEN force a trade. The group thinks that without the no-trade clause the Spurs will trade him next summer, at first opportunity for a haul, since the SuperMax locks him in for 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And $70-80 mil just disappears.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge will low ball and doesn't have much incentive to move Tatum or Brown. I'm not interested in anything Philly has outside of the 10th pick.
    As if 12, 13, and Harris isn't a massive lowball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a lowball but it's better than what I think Boston would offer. You can argue that a Philly package of 10, Fultz, and Saric would be better but I'm not high on either player tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would only consider the 76ers if the offer was something like Kawhi + Mills for # 10 + RoCo + Saric + Fultz + Bolden

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Clippers get closer by adding in Gallo and Lou Williams and maybe a pick swap in '19 and/or '20 while taking back Pau and Mills? Or some combination of that.

It's still well short of 100 cents on the dollar, but a few extra nickels and pennies can eventually tip the scales perhaps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His uncle has no experience doing this . I wouldn't expect a commercial banker, let alone a retail one to be able to represent an average NBA player, let alone a star.
    No kidding. It's like someone acting like they are capable of being the executive chef of a 4-star restaurant because they spent 6 months bagging groceries at HEB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No reason to make a trade now. No rumors of good return being offered. Let the draft and free agency play out and in time there will be a good opportunity. At some point it should be apparent to Leonard the cost to him of his representation's moves. I would not be surprised to see Leonard's camp attempt to salvage the relationship given the amount of money involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a lowball but it's better than what I think Boston would offer. You can argue that a Philly package of 10, Fultz, and Saric would be better but I'm not high on either player tbh.
    Its only a lowball for Clippers because that was 1 of the 2 teams Kawhi actually desired plus it's in the western conference. If the Spurs had to trade to Clippers it needs to be great. That offer doesn't seem too bad since draft picks are high value now a days and Tobias Harris on such a friendly contract that it gives us more cap space. Spurs should still do well without superstar talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Clippers get closer by adding in Gallo and Lou Williams and maybe a pick swap in '19 and/or '20 while taking back Pau and Mills? Or some combination of that.

It's still well short of 100 cents on the dollar, but a few extra nickels and pennies can eventually tip the scales perhaps.
    Lou Williams(I'm not a fan, but locked in at 8 mil per year for an elite 6th man is worth it) and taking back Pau or Mills would soften the blow for me IMO.

Gallinari doesn't interest me whatsoever..he can't stay on the floor for 5 minutes without getting hurt..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He has $79M reasons to sign the DPE or super max (the amount he'd lose if he's traded, but not to L.A., then signs their in '19). He's also in the process of having houses built in San Antonio for his mom and him and we don't know how recently he told Green, his closest confidant on the team, he'd prefer to stay, but he apparently did so. It also echoes what his sister said around that time. Both basically hinted that he'd do so if offered the DPE or super max.

Up until his representation leaking his supposed trade request to the media last Friday, there was also a sense from multiple reports, that things were inching towards reconciliation. The request came after the Wojnarowski story came out about the Spurs' unwillingness to immediately offer it.

The only way to make sense of all this, is that it's a leverage play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up until last season Leonard was content to play in SA and spend his offseason in SoCal. What changed? Why this need to play in LA? Yes, representation. Still, is it worth giving up the supermax? It's strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're Boston or Philly do you want to see the Cavs get Leonard? There's an angle there and unless Leonard wants to not get paid next year he'll play.
    Bingo! And if you are Boston or Philly, do you want to see Leonard in the formation of a new Laker super team, or even a much improved Cav team with Leonard? It behooves both teams to keep Leonard away from the Lakers or Cavs. And if you are Boston or Philly, you put Leonard on Bron if he stays in Cleveland, and then on Durant in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not hard to see alternate scenario where Leonard plays last season, is Mr. Model Team Player, and the Spurs end up giving him the supermax. If he was concerned about what direction the Spurs would take after Pop retires then negotiate a player option. All signs point to his Uncle screwing things up badly which will end up costing Leonard a large amount.
    I'm hoping for the first scenario, but pretty much resigned to Uncle Dumbass screwing it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd keep him and give him lebron minutes.

He'd be back in New York by the All-Star break

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way to make sense of all this, is that it's a leverage play.
    Pretty much. But if you're the Spurs do you commit $200 mil to a guy who effectively sat out a season rather than play for you? Maybe Pop circa 2018 is a forgiving softie, but how about the rest of the front office and the ownership group?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up until last season Leonard was content to play in SA and spend his offseason in SoCal. What changed? Why this need to play in LA? Yes, representation. Still, is it worth giving up the supermax? It's strange.
    Blame Porker tbh

Thread Information