Page 157 of 745 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it's not like other teams aren't playing their cards as well...

Brett said that "the progress of Fultz shot is looking great" buuuut "he wouldn't play in Summer League" and it's not likely they'll give their #21 for Kawhi this summer.

I wonder why he doesn't want him in SL when he said in May it would be a priority to have him playing this summer.

Or Fultz is still injured and Brett doesn't want other teams realize it before a trade...Or he's healthy and other team asks Brett -in advanced trade talks- not to risk injury

He traveled to LA twice in last ten days to "see Fultz shooting" and now to join Embiid/Simmons for NBA Awards show.

I wonder how he plays chess...
    Last edited by YGWHI; 06-22-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like every time someone proposes a new deal it just gets worse for the Spurs

So now the Spurs would only get Jackson, bust Bender, and a 2021 first from Miami that could be who knows where?

no thanks for me
    Most of this board seems oblivious to the consensus from some of the most connected people in the business (media and executives alike), which is, if it comes to it, they're not getting a massive return.

Unfortunately, something along these lines is probably the best they can do. It's underwhelming obviously, but it's basically the equivalent of a 4th pick, a mid 1st and a pick that could be mid 1st or higher.

This is all the more reason or incentive to have a pseudo (at least for now; the proof would be in the pudding next season) reconciliation and sign him to the DPE/super max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs card to play is to move Leonard to the Sixers and in the process help steer LeBron there. That strikes at the heart of the matter and the only way Leonard is traded is if he's not extended. It's not that appealing but if the return is Fultz Saric Zahire and the Heat pick that's a decent return in this situation.

True CIA Pop would be landing LeBron.
    I don't think there's any chance of LeBron here, but I wouldn't put it past Pop to tell Bron "Kawhi isn't being traded to the LAL" in the meeting. Lay it out that they're willing to drag this to the trade deadline, and even let him walk to maximally F Magic. Make it not a recruiting meeting but an un-recruiting for the Lakers meeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct. Leonard under contract for 4+ seasons is a much more valuable asset and you are likely to realize commensurate value.
    I don't understand why so many posters here cannot grasp that concept. The best thing that can happen is Kawhi signing an extension. If he still wants out, you trade him and actually get a real return for him.
    You do that, and you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself.

If he wants out, you REALLY have to trade him (or you're keeping a disgruntled SM player) which gives leverage to suitors.

And if he doesn't, do you REALLY want to give him the SM and put the reigns and future of your franchise in his hands considering all the health (physical, mental) and commitment issues ?

Then , if you think there are big chances he wanna leave anyway (as his camp stated), do you REALLY want to please and reward him for his behavior ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, let's not forget that a CIA Pop move once was to show up on the back of a donkey at Radosoft's summer hut in Slovenia at the start of free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In all the speculations, the big question for uncle Dennis is if he and Kawhi Leonard are the most stupid in the history of sport in l 80 million in his prime, it would be the most stupid and absurd in the history of world sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of this board seems oblivious to the consensus from some of the most connected people in the business (media and executives alike), which is, if it comes to it, they're not getting a massive return.

Unfortunately, something along these lines is probably the best they can do. It's underwhelming obviously, but it's basically the equivalent of a 4th pick, a mid 1st and a pick that could be mid 1st or higher.

This is all the more reason or incentive to have a pseudo (at least for now; the proof would be in the pudding next season) reconciliation and sign him to the DPE/super max.
    Spurs just have to prove that they aren't going to cave to conventional wisdom. Not that hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not if they want the super team. They need to use the cap space to sign LeBron and PG13. Then, they think they will force Deng down our throats. Not happening.
    Had they sat on Mozgov’s deal for another year (not that the cap space was at ALL valuable last year) they’d still have Russell, which while redundant with Lonzo, was a real asset and could have tipped the scales on a trade or been used to move off of Deng this year.

Market this year to dump Mozgov one year closer to FA was two second round picks plus absorbing Dwight Howard. Could have probably gotten off Howard’s deal pretty easily too as he’s only got one year left.

In other words, having Ingram, Ball, Kuzma AND Russell as chips. One short, it’s just not as attractive. And now Randle isn’t even a tradeable asset.

Amazing what two bad signatures cost that franchise. Well three if you count Kobe’s thank you deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's any chance of LeBron here, but I wouldn't put it past Pop to tell Bron "Kawhi isn't being traded to the LAL" in the meeting. Lay it out that they're willing to drag this to the trade deadline, and even let him walk to maximally F Magic. Make it not a recruiting meeting but an un-recruiting for the Lakers meeting.
    Yep. Or just, hey, we're thinking about Philly and I heard you were too...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just have to prove that they aren't going to cave to conventional wisdom. Not that hard.
    Yeah, for now . . . eventually, a decision is going to have to be made though, which is why I keep stressing if it comes to a trade, something like what I said is the likely package.

They've technically got until February 7th, but really October 16th is the day, if it drags on that long. He either has to be signed to the DPE/super max by then or traded by the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All these people have a horse in the race. They all benefit from driving Kawhi’s price down. The executives for obvious reasons. The media because they want a story, and the Spurs having to trade Kawhi for pennies on the dollar resulting in his making the Lakers relevant again is a huge win for the media. Their sources are the same executives who want to drive down the price. Everyone wins except the Spurs.

Deadlines spur action and teams eventually get desperate. If Lebron chooses Philadelphia or Boston, it’s going to turn into an arms race between those two. Lebron and free agency in general controls a lot of this. I wouldn’t take a ty deal until I have to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it's not like other teams aren't playing their cards as well...

Brett said that "the progress of Fultz shot is looking great" buuuut "he wouldn't play in Summer League" and it's not likely they'll give their #21 for Kawhi this summer.

I wonder why he doesn't want him in SL when he said in May it would be a priority to have him playing this summer.

Or Fultz is still injured and Brett doesn't want other teams realize it before a trade...Or he's healthy and other team asks Brett -in advanced trade talks- not to risk injury

He traveled to LA twice in last ten days to "see Fultz shooting" and now to join Embiid/Simmons for NBA Awards show.

I wonder how he plays chess...
    Good thing Pop and SA are so widely respected. Brown would not lie or screw pop over. He will be honest about Fultz. The relationship won’t equate to PHI doing something dumb but they won’t lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, Pop managing to recruit LeBron and reconcile with Leonard would mind so many media types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing Pop and SA are so widely respected. Brown would not lie or screw pop over. He will be honest about Fultz. The relationship won’t equate to PHI doing something dumb but they won’t lie.
    Philly can put together a nice package given the cir stances.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone see that Aldridge interview on KSAT - he was at some race track wearing full race suit - at the end of the interview he was asked if he had any comments for any of his current teammates. He responded "Nope" with a smirk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still, Pop managing to recruit LeBron and reconcile with Leonard would mind so many media types.
    + 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly can put together a nice package given the cir stances.
    For sure. I’d sign up right now for Fultz + Zhaire + Saric. Find a taker for Mills or Danny and let TP go.

Murray, White, Fultz, Lonnie + one of Danny/Mills would be incredible potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone see that Aldridge interview on KSAT - he was at some race track wearing full race suit - at the end of the interview he was asked if he had any comments for any of his current teammates. He responded "Nope" with a smirk.
    Dude, LeBron is coming for sure!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then good people is acting very stupid and ruining Spurs' options.

There is no need to burn bridges before to finish a deal with other team. Like it or not, this is a mistake.

The Spurs can bash him all they want after trade him but they should have kept classy and polite until then...

Like I've said before I expected way more from the best sport organization in the world. At least, being smarter than this.
    GTFOH. Spurs are nothing but class.

Leonard screwed himself. His actions, not the Spurs led to this mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "ZooNotShoes"...Damn this is so great.

On other hand, def Kawhi is gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFOH. Spurs are nothing but class.

Leonard screwed himself. His actions, not the Spurs led to this mess.
    Kawhi's camp at ute is unprofessional but if you think teams should wash dirty laundry in public and Spurs' comments in front media helped to this situation...

Thread Information